Pre-Season 17/18 Hallam FC v. Sheffield United XI - 01/08/17

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Why didnt the local community support the countless lessees that lost their shirts trying to make a living in the pub over many years?

Enterprise are cunts but thats not the issue. I speak as someone who has held several leases with Punch,who are exactly the same so I understand that side of things inside out. Fact remains you didn't support the pub until it was too late.

Position position position. And even if you haven't got position you must have quality and if not USP. The Plough was a great pub when pubs were pubs and everyone went to a local pub.Times have changed. I'm not going to "support a pub", just because it is a pub and requires support for a community reason. I now go to a pub because it serves good beer and/or food which is what I want and crucially I don't have to drive to. If it happens to be comfortable and welcoming then even better, hence the Rising Sun at Fulwood has all but obliterated the Bulls Head and Ranmoor Inn despite having a shit dining room (IMHO). Countless Lessees were IMHO stupid or badly advised. Did they not do any research? Barrelage, footfall, demographics or even hanging about for a few weeks sussing it all out? There really must be fools and their money that need parting and no amount of hand wringing for their plight is going to get me on the side of idiots, just as much as I detest the landlords and believe them to be, shall we say, disingenuous.

Got a feeling Stevens starting on Saturday in Lafferty playing tonight

Enda Stevens in for Lafferty and Leon ahead of Lavery for Saturday then.

Half time 1-1. Lavery for us early on. Hallam scored a pen after a stupid push by Brayford. Only attack they have had.

Strong side with Lavery, Brayford, Wright, Lundstram, Brooks, Lafferty, Thomas all starting.

We have missed quite a few. Lavery a couple of one on ones and Bennett missed two sitters; second after good work from Thomas.

United had 90% of ball but been too slow in possession and only really got Lavery up top. Brayford been really sloppy but did ut one great ball through. Hallam been really disciplined helped by a homer ref to say the least.

Thomas showed a few flashes; Lundstram loves a long pass and decent on the ball but very slow. Strong-ish side. Brayford, Wright sr, lafferty, lundstram, brooks, lavery, baldock, thomas all playingrookes has been poor to be honest. Had a few runs but his control and decision making not been great. Lafferty also not been great making poor decisions. Wright been solid. Wallace playing centre back but his touch has been mixed. Harvey Gilmour been busy.

Pitch not helping as very bobbly and obviously a huge slope. We kick down it later.

From this side I am guessing X1 fir Saturday will be Blackman, Freeman, Stevens, Basham, Stearman, O'Connell, Fleck, Coutts, Carruthers, Sharp and Clarke.

Subs I expect will be Eastwood, Duffy, Lavery, Lafferty, Brooks, Lundstram and Thomas.

Could be wrong

Full time updates to come..just starting 2nd half. No subs for us yet but mostly kids on the bench

Thomas with a sitter from 2 yards. Over the bar.

2-1. Jake Wright from a low shot after a corner was not cleared. Brooks very far better this half. Some superb slalom runs. Goalie made a good save from a Thomas chip. Thomas now blazed over one on one and lost the ball in a garden. His finishing has been abysmal. All Utd unsurprisingly. 65 mins played

2-1. Jake Wright from a low shot after a corner was not cleared. Brooks very far better this half. Some superb slalom runs. Goalie made a good save from a Thomas chip. Thomas now blazed over one on one and lost the ball in a garden. His finishing has been abysmal. All Utd unsurprisingly. 65 mins played

Thomas. See post 29.

Knill in charge tonight.
Wilder down there "in the technical area" in civvies for the second half.
Geary doing a bit of warming up & drills with the young subs.
Ty Smith on for Brooks

Lundstram with a lovely 1-2 but keeper made a save. Lavery with a third now. Routine finish after Thomas through ball. Brooks showed some more lovely touches but come off now for Tyler Smith. Sure Brooks will play some part Saturday.

70 played.

Norrington Davies on for Lafferty

What's up with pasting our tweets in? :D

Cantrill on for Thomas who took a knock

Cantrill hit bar with a header from Brayford cross

Back
Top Bottom