Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Genuine question- did I miss something earlier in the summer? Is this a fact? I assumed it was Wilder doing what he did with Freeman and Coutts - changed his mind and was not afraid to admit it. It would be worrying if this had been done without his approval.

Think it was Treetonblade who said it.

Its fleck I feel sorry for, nobody's taling about him anymore, last week he was the best in the division, now? He's second best inthe division! Will be some midfield this season, better than last season? Don't know yet but it don't half get the old juices flowing.

Non- celebration which says "it`s only a pre-season friendly against Chesterfield".
If he'd run around like a twat giving it the big 'un, knowing that he was supposed to be going on loan to Chessy until it was pulled, it would have been a bit crass and unnecessary. As you say, it's just a friendly.

If he'd run around like a twat giving it the big 'un, knowing that he was supposed to be going on loan to Chessy until it was pulled, it would have been a bit crass and unnecessary. As you say, it's just a friendly.

Oh I don't know, I think it would have been a top celebration to reveal a T-Shirt with a Cartoon like Jim Bowen saying 'Look what you coulda won'.

Just watching the brooks goal , why is ogrady at Chez vegas in league 2 would much rather have him instead of Hanson as the big target man option , did pretty well at burton last year in the champ

Just watching the brooks goal , why is ogrady at Chez vegas in league 2 would much rather have him instead of Hanson as the big target man option , did pretty well at burton last year in the champ

Who's this O'Grady fella?
Don't you mean COG? Ha ha

He was a big target 2 years ago and almost joined us.
He can't have done well at Burton last year in Championship.
Agree, it does seem surprising that someone with a good pedigree is now plying his trade at a cash strapped club in league 2.

O'Grady scored once in 26 games. That's a very poor return.

In a Nigel Clough team that's a Pele-esque return.

That made me check for the progress of Clough's other love child, Shaun Barker.

I see that after 4 years out, Shaun managed 5 sub appearances last season,coming on in the 89th minute 4 times and the 88th minute once.

Would have been a real value for money signing for us had we not fired Clough.

Your dad clearly knows his stuff. I have been watching United regularly for over 60 years and have not seen a prospect look so good as Brookes at his (or any other age) since Currie. The list of not as good includes Walker, Badger, Woodward, Jagielka Mick Jones etc who were exceptional as teenagers themselves

Given what I've seen of him I would agree with you. In the modern day it's unlikely we will keep a player like him for long. I just hope we get the going rate for him.

League 2 defenders are shite. Any striker who's played at a higher level will look like Drogba or Aguerro in L2. Even Slew managed to score a couple.

Man alive - it's difficult to keep this Brooks thing out of your head isn't it? I've decided to have a beer and just let it all run it's course. My thoughts on the Blog....

http://ball-sup.blogspot.co.uk/2017/07/buy-him-some-big-headphones.html

I've watched him a lot at U18 & U23. But. You know what. I've never seen him do that. Take the ball deep in his own half. Just keep going. And just roll it home. Never....
He's had a confidence implant - or steroids.

Great piece Phil

Got a feeling of inevitability about it hasn't it. However given we have raised 6m from add on fees already this summer we don't need the money and old rug head has proved you don't have to let an under contract player go when a club from the division above comes calling.

I said it before, in another thread - can't remember which TBH - but I have a feeling things are/everything is going to be different under Wilder. Yes history would suggest that this is all only heading one way but we're in a new era now. Wilder's man management and ability to sell the club to potential players and get those players running through walls for him can't be understated. If he can do that, you'd hope that his steadying influence on a young, up and coming starlet, will be equally as persuasive. You'd hope...

In terms of a weekly wage, what do you think we should be prepared to go to?

A good first team wage. We're a Championship club now. We have no excuses. He has the potential to be our best player.

We'll only have to pay him more the second he proves himself in the Championship. Which he will if he gets on the pitch.

Even if he didn't prove himself, he's still young, he's still got a tonne of potential and PL clubs would still pay good money for him - more than what we'd get from a tribunal.

The only risk of paying him a decent wage would be him getting a serious injury, and that can be said for any player, and can't be factored into your thinking in these situations.

Hopefully he knows how shitty you can be treated at premiership clubs with his experience at Man City.
Get some games under your belt lad, you've got 3 or 4 years of learning to do still, do it at a club that will love ya.

A good first team wage. We're a Championship club now. We have no excuses. He has the potential to be our best player.

We'll only have to pay him more the second he proves himself in the Championship. Which he will if he gets on the pitch.

Even if he didn't prove himself, he's still young, he's still got a tonne of potential and PL clubs would still pay good money for him - more than what we'd get from a tribunal.

The only risk of paying him a decent wage would be him getting a serious injury, and that can be said for any player, and can't be factored into your thinking in these situations.
Agreed, and regarding him getting injured, that applies to every player a club signs at any level, so as you say and shouldn't be factored into the decision making process.

Hmmmm.

Plenty were saying the same about Diego and how we must tie him down. That 'potential' worked out well for us....

It's amazing how easy it is to spend someone else's money. £20k per week on an 18 year, say a four year deal, with NI and pension is about £5m. Then people ask 'where has all the money gone'.

Back
Top Bottom