Where do they live these days.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Billy lives in Dore. (So does Jessica Ennis - that other United legend). So did Howard Wilkinson. So does Chris Waddle. So did Michael Vaughan. So does Brian Gayle. So did Dave Bassett.

There must be something good about it? Apart from the fact it upsets people who don't live there so much?

Billy lives in Dore. (So does Jessica Ennis - that other United legend). So did Howard Wilkinson. So does Chris Waddle. So did Michael Vaughan. So does Brian Gayle. So did Dave Bassett.

There must be something good about it? Apart from the fact it upsets people who don't live there so much?
Bassett lived in Whirlow

My Wendy supporting uncle Pete was one of the builders employed by Hassall's Homes that built Jimmy Sirrel's house in Barlborough. Harry Haslam lived there after becoming our manager

Nigel Worthington did too the first house and he was a proper cunt. Got the milkman sacked for parking on the grass verge and making tread marks. Milkman was a very well know blade as it happens and there were a few repercussions shall we say.
Alan Quinn had a great house near Wortley ,it was or is for sale on Rightmove and Chris Morgan and ched also lived nearby I think.
Alan Quinn's pad was off Mowson Lane up Worrall. Private gated road with 6 luxury pads and price tags not for the faint hearted!
He previously lived in Oughtibridge on the same road as Del Geary but attracted too many problems with the local unclean supporters when he joined us

Carl Bradshaw lives just round from me at the top of Killamarsh.
I know a few piggy players from here too, as I was mates with them at school, and used to play footy with them, unfortunately I wasn't quite as good.
Danny Wilson lives up Brampton in Chesterfield. John Lukic ex Leeds, also lives in old Brampton.

Seen quite a few in and around Broomhill - Long, Brayford, Scougall & Wilder. So they probably live nearby somewhere.

Unfortunately saw Gary Megson coming out of HSBC in Broomhill the other week too.

John Brayford lives about 200 yards away from me in Fulwood. Not a stereotypical footballers house but then again, not a stereotypical footballer. Nice guy.

John Brayford lives about 200 yards away from me in Fulwood. Not a stereotypical footballers house but then again, not a stereotypical footballer. Nice guy.
Bet he wears Burton suits , ha you think that's funny , turning rebellion into money. Baxter must be the all night drug prowling wolf who looks so sick in the sun.

Adrian Littlejohn lived next door to my mum and dad on Moorview Road at Woodseats. Brian Gayle rented a house on Westwick Road, Greenhill, when he first came to us.

A fella I sit with at games is in the removals business and he's always telling me about various players he's moved. However the only one I can remember now is that Coutts lives at Totley.

My dad did some decorating work at TC's house in the 70's and he said he was an arrogant cunt, however Dad is a pig fan so I've always dismissed his opinion.

Gary Hamson lived on Alderson Road just past the Golden Lion

Wilder lives at the back of Endcliffe Park

Sabella lived near me at Westfield .
I used to chat to him whilst walking the dog.

Knilly lives on Handsworth (Or certainly used too) He was in Lower drop several weeks ago so maybe still does.

Sabella and Trusson lived in Waterthorpe. Morgan and Jagielka were in Penistone I think.

Shithole pub in Dore?!

I really like the Dev (apart from the occasional presence of the Sunderland Sausage Stuffer); for me it's the complete pub

On the other hand, the H & H is, in my opinion, badly managed, not as clean as it should be, has a bit of druggie yoof culture in the top bar and has the purple rinse brigade eating cheap microwaved food in the bottom bar.
It used to be tremendous when John & Ken ran it. It's gone down hill a lot since then. Hence my current view of it

WELCOME-TO-LAGOS-001.jpg

Carlton Palmer.

I offer a sincere apology to any of those on here who are offended by this post....
I truly did not mean to cause any personal offence to those of you who......

live on a refuse tip.

Piggy Waddle lives a few houses down on the corner.

When Gazza The Flute appeared one weekend and left a few days later, we had to rehouse Wad7 [as he likes to be called]
at great expense as he, GTF, Jack & Jimmy 5B had recreated the 1981 'Dirty Protest' in all rooms bar the toilet.

As a boy I grew up in Todwick and we had several Blades living in the area: Hodgy, Eddie Colquhoun (next door to Hodgy) Paddy Buckley, Graeme Crawford (Reserve Keeper), John Tudor and of course Neil Warnock, Lee Butler was also a Todwick lad too ! Paul Garner,John Flynn and Paddy Kenny were North Anston and of course Colin Morris and Glenn Cotterill both lived at South Anston.
how old are you mate ??

This may be a bit late as it's taken me all weekend to log on.

Firstly, congratulations on your position in the league. From bottom to top since I last looked is most commendable and means when I get back to the UK the 60% of my friends who support United might be buying the celebratory drinks. I have other more important things to think about than footy, but I really don't see Wednesday getting into the Prem this year….so would be good to see both Sheffield teams smashing the Championship next season.

Anyway back to the topic in hand.

Back in the early sixties both Tommy Hoyland and Johnny Fantham had shops at the top of our road in a council estate known as Old Greenhill. So much for the maximum wage, both these guys had to work hard after football retirement to get by. Good to see them playing footy together with a tennis ball to amuse the youngsters amongst us. Shortly after I left Jamie Hoyland played for United , but I presume he had moved away from Greenhill by that time.

I moved out to Dronfield in the 80's and yes it appeared that every United player was living there and also that every body else was a Unitedite (apart from me obviously). I had an insurance agency at the time and one of my customers was Joe Shaw who was living on the Gosforth Valley estate. I think I remember that he was a groundsman at a golf course bust I'll stand corrected on that in necessary. Now this is where it got exciting as I had Vinnie living opposite my house at Hilltop ( later to be Simon Tracey). Good guys, many a BBQ and the only negative was when Vinnie watched Wednesday beat Man. U in the League cup at my house and wouldn't have a glass of bubbly with me at full time. He did know his football though.

I then moved to Whirlow, where it appears that it's mostly Wednesday players...I had Carlton and Wilko as neighbours, and most of the directors. Strangely most of my other neighbours (and drinking pals ) are Unitedites. Met up again with Simon Tracey who by this time had moved to Parkhead.

Please don't think the move to Whirlow places me in the Tory Toff nose bubbly swigging elite...I was born in ('on the') Arbourthourne….and could see the Lane from our house. So god knows how I became a Wednesday ite.

Good luck this afternoon and again, well done.

Back
Top Bottom