Old Photos For No Reason Whatsoever

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

s26925.jpg

Alsing Road? Level crossing round the corner, sure there was a footbridge nearby too over the old LNER tracks into Blackburn.

House of Barrington - Hobot. The owner was a director of the club.

Gonna be a bit of a perfectionist..

It was actually Hobott. Stood for House of Barrington Official Teamster Top. No idea where teamster top came from on Abbeydale Road!! Every Xmas used to go upstairs to get the United kit. Definitely a proud full kit wanker until age 12. The Ajax kit, white away one and space invaders being my Hobott era.

Now a feckin Pizza place, though good art graffiti on the side at Xmas.

Valley was a proper estate years ago.
Some good lads come off there whoever you supported

Once went on a tour of the lower floors of the Cutlers Hall and in one of the cabinets was the Sheffield Gold Cup , a horse racing trophy from years ago. Apparently that race track was where Gleadless Valley is. There was also one at Crookesmoor and possibly more around the eighteenth century.

Once went on a tour of the lower floors of the Cutlers Hall and in one of the cabinets was the Sheffield Gold Cup , a horse racing trophy from years ago. Apparently that race track was where Gleadless Valley is. There was also one at Crookesmoor and possibly more around the eighteenth century.

Crooksmoor horseracing poster 1777.ca1ec441.jpg

crookesracecard.jpg

Thanks SEB, Butler`s Cafe on the right there, best grub ever!

The best meat and potato pie in the whole breathing world was at Butlers. Have searched long and hard and never found a pie anywhere that could even lace up its short crust boots. I wasn't a regular but the pies have had a profund effect on my life. I often reflect on what might have been had I got to know Butlers better.

The lesson now is that I don't take decent cafes for granted and every pub crawl in a strange town tries to start with a full English or home made pie.

The nearest to Butlers is The Regency in Westminster. Fantastic place and superb basic food. Next time you're in London try its delights. Google it and you will see it has been in many films, including the 'Layer Cake' scene where the snout has hot tea poured over him..

Am looking for a decent cafe in Bristol to take our lass for Valentines day morning as a surprise treat. Anyone got any tips?

The best meat and potato pie in the whole breathing world was at Butlers. Have searched long and hard and never found a pie anywhere that could even lace up its short crust boots. I wasn't a regular but the pies have had a profund effect on my life. I often reflect on what might have been had I got to know Butlers better.

The lesson now is that I don't take decent cafes for granted and every pub crawl in a strange town tries to start with a full English or home made pie.

The nearest to Butlers is The Regency in Westminster. Fantastic place and superb basic food. Next time you're in London try its delights. Google it and you will see it has been in many films, including the 'Layer Cake' scene where the snout has hot tea poured over him..

Am looking for a decent cafe in Bristol to take our lass for Valentines day morning as a surprise treat. Anyone got any tips?
I loved Butlers ,even like Butlers indian despite it moving down the road. There would be a great opportunity for someone to open a pie shop in Sheffield , or anywhere else for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom