Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's happened to the bloke that sat in gangway F of the South Stand who always used to shout "You've had a great game referee" at some point in the second half (unless the ref had indeed had a great game... though I think he'd still say it anyway)? He was the only entertainment some weeks. Some years, in fact.
Was earlier reminded of Overreaction Man, who sits near where the much-missed "You've had a great game referee" used to be. Always having a go at the 'biased' officials, and at least once a game, his distinctive voice will shout "Referee... he's GOT to go" following a foul that could range from a leg breaker to simply breathing on someone.

Think I saw the twins biking away on John Street towards BL after the game

I saw them walking down Arundel Gate towards the Lane. Fart Brigade and his bridgade were in the beer engine. Lawnmower man was back. Also the Manager was there too. A great day for the fan nicknames as we won too!

Long blonde hair, moustache, Viking, veteran supporter was walking down Bramall next to Bert after the game.

Two blokes who stood at the Kop end of the Terrace, known as "gerrit down ere" and "why what's going on darn theer"
If there was a long period of play at the Lane end, it was policy to go for a leisurely piss

In the early 80s there was the Old Racist Man who stood near the front of the Kop and made monkey noises at any black players. He did come across as a bit senile. Stood nearby, against a pillar was Old Lady With The Transistor Radio.

In the early 80s there was the Old Racist Man who stood near the front of the Kop and made monkey noises at any black players. He did come across as a bit senile. Stood nearby, against a pillar was Old Lady With The Transistor Radio.

I remember those two - I stood down there as a kid. The old guy occasionally brought his wife along. He carried a woman's shopping bag sometimes.

There was also a middle aged guy who was fond of shouting "bleeding hell fire!" When things went wrong.

Sat next to " Starey eyed, dodgy brown leather jacketed, McNulty loving Psycho" yesterday.

Got talking to the Geezer behind me at half time, quietly chatting about the first half and then about should we make any additions in January. We then made the fatal decision of mentioning the word "Striker".

Brown leather jacket exploded out of his slumbers with a rant about "who ever let him go wants shooting" "Most natural goal scorer at the club" blah blah blah, etc, etc.

We tried to enter the debate with observations around McNulty's attitude, the fact that 3 managers didn't rate him. Sadly it only stoked the fire, we had to resort to the turn away and what ever you do, don't make eye contact.

Up until about five years ago there was a Friendly Old Black Lady who stood outside her house on Woodhead Road, who said hello to everyone as they walked to the ground and goodbye as we walked home. We used to say that she was the person who counted the attendance (probably no less accurately than some of the official attendances over the years (allegedly)). Sadly, she appears to be no longer around. Unless she has given up on the Blades as well.

Up until about five years ago there was a Friendly Old Black Lady who stood outside her house on Woodhead Road, who said hello to everyone as they walked to the ground and goodbye as we walked home. We used to say that she was the person who counted the attendance (probably no less accurately than some of the official attendances over the years (allegedly)). Sadly, she appears to be no longer around. Unless she has given up on the Blades as well.

Sadly, she's been gone some time now.

Back in the days of standing on the kop, central down below the trench, there was a guy stood against a barrier just above us who seemed more interested in the pork than us. His mate always had a radio with him glued to his ear, he would update 'Jack' who would announce to all the latest news, 'Piggy Jacks are loysin/winnin/drawin/daahn to 10 men'. Always referred to them as piggy jacks and seemed to have an air of enjoyment in announcing they were winning. Had my suspicions he was a closet pig, who'd come over when we became top dogs in the late 60s, early 70s and never left.

There's a guy near me he's known as the deranged steelworker type :) Family stand ,they will let any riff raff in

I think "Mad Bill" and "Briefcase Man" might be one and the same.

What about Attendance Man on the Kop who always used to stand up and celebrate when the attendance was announced. He might still do but I sit in the JSS now with the kids where there is Get in't Box Lady who demands that our entire team reside in the box when defending or attacking. Plus Scottish Skier who is an old chap that wears a tartan flat cap and a 1980s Ski Jacket (which replaced a different 1980s Ski Jacket approximately 18 months ago).

Does anyone know "Tossers These"?.

He used to sit halfway up the kop behind the goal in the early 00s. He'd shout "come on lads, tossers these" about every team we played, week in week out. I even remember him shouting it just after Man City had put a third goal past us in one match.

For a good few years there was a bloke on the Kop towards the back of Gangway D who would, without fail, shout 'C'mon Blades, they're shit, these!' five minutes into every match, whether we were playing Hartlepool or Arsenal.

Haven't heard him in a while now though.

Ive got a feeling this could be me... and it was 'Come on Blades, you can have these, theyre fucking Shit!'

Doesnt work as well when all the teams your playing are actually shit.

Pair of ageing fucking hipsters the row in front of us who - this season - get in late, go for a piss after twenty minutes, come back, go out ten minutes before half time, come back in five minutes after second half kick off and go for a minimum of two pisses in the second half. The bloke near the end of the row always looks like he going to chin them. The bearded, flat capped oldest swinger in town tossers.

Row C Sean Thornton??

What about Attendance Man on the Kop who always used to stand up and celebrate when the attendance was announced. He might still do but I sit in the JSS now with the kids where there is Get in't Box Lady who demands that our entire team reside in the box when defending or attacking. Plus Scottish Skier who is an old chap that wears a tartan flat cap and a 1980s Ski Jacket (which replaced a different 1980s Ski Jacket approximately 18 months ago).

He's still at it! Was only laughing about this on Saturday ;-)

Is that Bill Brierley (of Blades Tales fame etc)? Goes everywhere with United - seemed to be good pals with Shred.

Ive got a feeling this could be me... and it was 'Come on Blades, you can have these, theyre fucking Shit!'

Doesnt work as well when all the teams your playing are actually shit.
i sometimes shout that but im in the middle of D

Back
Top Bottom