Nicknames for Fans (you do not know)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And who is the mystery guy in the family stand who bellows at 100 decibels?
Not 'Open Your Eyes Lino' is it? He had a fucking good shout on him before I had to move away from him, although you could tell his voice was knackering from constantly abusing the lino every week.

Pair of ageing fucking hipsters the row in front of us who - this season - get in late, go for a piss after twenty minutes, come back, go out ten minutes before half time, come back in five minutes after second half kick off and go for a minimum of two pisses in the second half. The bloke near the end of the row always looks like he going to chin them. The bearded, flat capped oldest swinger in town tossers.
GangwayC, Row EE? Nice enough blokes really.

There are two on the same row as me (EE) exactly as you describe. Can't be two sets of them surely?

We had "the hat with the hair" a chap that looked like his hair was attached to his hat.
"the carpet man" who had a lovely axminster coat.
And "wank stain" a young lass with a really foul mouth.

Anyone call a guy Morgan's dad?
Looks a lot like Chris Morgan, he goes home and away and always has united shirt on.
Never spoke to him but he seems like a great guy

I see that Viking chappie every time I go to an away game. Never knew his name before ;)

Used to have radio man at one side of me and chewbacka at the other.

Radio man always forgot he'd got earphones in and yelled the scores from other games in my ear & Chewbacka was named as he would eat loudly all game, nuts, wine gums, mints literally every second of the game making clacking and sucking noises, used to drive me mad so no longer sit there. Really nice blokes to be fair.

Angry Mates: back of Kop, gangway G. I think they're mates anyway :). Often get into a very angry argument, but not so much since Baxter left us which is a shame as they're bloody entertaining! Think one of them is something to do with shorehamview

For a good few years there was a bloke on the Kop towards the back of Gangway D who would, without fail, shout 'C'mon Blades, they're shit, these!' five minutes into every match, whether we were playing Hartlepool or Arsenal.

Haven't heard him in a while now though.

I sat in a different seat in the Kop for one game last season and I shouted some obscenity at the players (under Adkins it was definitely allowed). The obscenity was something mild, like "this is shit United".

A woman was sat in front of me and was clearly keeping a written log of the game (which I assume she does at every game), I was able to glance over her should and read her diary and she had direct quoted 'fan screams out, "this is shit United".

Wondered if anyone else has ended up in her little black book?

Every game I've ever been to.

What about the Fat Family, can anyone remember them? Not seen them for ages, by all account they had all attained a spectacular level of derangement. Used to see them all over, entertaining to observe from a distance but you would never want to get in to close contact with them. I can remember Fat Mother once screaming racist abuse at a Scunthorpe player at Glanford Park. Nice people

If it's the same one then Yes I Remember them,we used to call them "the Golightly's" after a fat family who used to turn up on Beatles about and "accidentally" trash pottery shops on apprentices first days.

Last edited:
There is a guy my old dad used to call "case ball head" as he had (and still has) a perfectly round bald head. I see him still making his way towards the bottom of the Kop on gangway E Usually just before kick off, He must be in in his 50's now but still looks like a bit of an old hard nut.

(Incidentally I don't know why my dad used to refer to footballs as "case balls" I never met anyone else who did and I never got around to asking him why)

There is a guy my old dad used to call "case ball head" as he had (and still has) a perfectly round bald head. I see him still making his way towards the bottom of the Kop on gangway E Usually just before kick off, He must be in in his 50's now but still looks like a bit of an old hard nut.

(Incidentally I don't know why my dad used to refer to footballs as "case balls" I never met anyone else who did and I never got around to asking him why)

I think old footballs were called "case balls" because they had an outer leather shell (the "case") that was filled with some material (can't remember what, and then laced up.

I'm 50 and have always called footballs Casey's

I think old footballs were called "case balls" because they had an outer leather shell (the "case") that was filled with some material (can't remember what, and then laced up.

Beat me too it this true, my father refers to them as Caseys, his neighbour was considered rich as he had the only "Casey" on his street when growing up.

I'm 50 and have always called footballs Casey's
Don't know why probably picked it up from my dad, back to nicknames I sit near the fat family. The are as bad as every body says . Also used to to sit in the corner stand. And a woman would start shouting " get peshci on" every time we missed a chance. My son's still say every now and again, so I'm expecting someone to mention them

Chapel Hat Pegs. Blonde hottie next to me with nipples you could hang a wet duffel coat from. Only reason I go to matches to observe them.

From what I can remember it was like a thick rubber balloon inside. That was what you inflated until it was tight against the case. I think the laces were so you could take the balloon thing out and replace it.
I think they used to burst. We had them at my primary school and I can vaguely remember most of them being 'flat'.

They were as heavy as fuck when wet and if you were six years old and one hit you full on it put you on your arse.

Evening all, long time reader, first time poster, but couldn't resist this beaut of a thread.
We used to sit a few rows in front of the fat family, and another woman they sat with, 'the screecher', named for her eardrum popping screeches whenever the ball got close to either goal. Needless to say we didn't stick around there too long.
There was another bloke that sat close by aswell who, whenever we were on the attack and it broke down, would stand up, wave his fist in the air and shout 'ohh everyyytoooiiime yoonited'.
Towards the centre of the kop now, someone who I think has already been referred to by Sothall_Blade Blade as 'The Assessor', is either banging on about the ref not doing anything about the oppositions time wasting tactics, or simply clapping with probably the loudest clap I have ever heard, giving him the nickname 'Jurgen Clapp'.
And then there's BHB (Big Head Barry), probably a really nice chap, but must be about 6ft 5, and a cranium slightly larger than the average fellow. Him and his mates seem to swap seats each game, so it's a lottery as to who he sits in front of, and if you're the unlucky one you end up stood on your seat like you're a kid again, every time the ball comes down the Kop end.

Anyone remember Ahhhh ball?

Sat on left hand third of the kop about two thirds of way up.

I had the misfortune of having my seat next to his. Whenever the ball went out of play he'd shout Arrrrr ball even if it was obvious it was the other teams. And he'd annoyingly put his arm up.

One match he didn't turn up. Everyone behind me was muttering "where's Arrrrr ball..."!!!

From what I can remember it was like a thick rubber balloon inside. That was what you inflated until it was tight against the case. I think the laces were so you could take the balloon thing out and replace it.
I think they used to burst. We had them at my primary school and I can vaguely remember most of them being 'flat'.

They were as heavy as fuck when wet and if you were six years old and one hit you full on it put you on your arse.

One of my best mates used to have the only "Casey" on the street so it was always a bit of a disappointment if he couldn't "come out to play" for whatever reason.

Most of our young childhood games were played on the roads outside our houses and the unforgiving surface gradually used to make the "Casey" literally come apart at the seams.

Eventually you would end up with pink patches of inflated inner tube poking through between stitched panels and if the ball got smashed against the wall/goal in just the wrong place it would burst like a balloon.

End of game or play with one of those super-lightweight balls that make you unintentionally swerve the ball like Cubillas.

There was someone a few rows behind us who whenever the ball came in to our half and someone went up for the header would shout 'Blades ball'. After a few seasons he disappeared, but he must have got into my head, as I now find myself saying it.

Back
Top Bottom