The Club is a laughing stock

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I know quite a few on here bang on and on about how our club is being run into the ground by the board and owners, which I disagree with. But our difficult times at the moment are nowhere near as bad as what is going on at Everton (in these last few years).
Look at what the Prince has done to Beershott and Chateauroux. Then look again at what he is doing to our club. Open your eyes and stop the whatabouttery. Everton non stop premier football. Huge player investment. New stadium. Yeah hard times, much harder than us, transfer embargo, failed takeovers with a crook and a scammer. Sold 2 best players a week before the season starts, no replacements in or even likely on recent evidence.

None of it makes sense. If the prince is trying to sell a Premier league club for an inflated amount, why would a buyer invest in an asset stripped club destined for the championship? Any money received for players will be more than offset by a lower club selling price.

How many more times.
Wait until the window closes, none of our better signings have arrived yet. The plan is our squad will definitely be better than last season.

Reminds of the comments “we’ll never sign Brewster as we’re not ambitious enough” and “we’ll never sign Berge” because we’re not ambitious enough,

At what stage will the penny drop?

Look at the history of the PL, apart from Blackpool when Oyston was their owner, don’t think any other club had given up on trying to stay up.

It’s hardly rocket science…..we’ll be trying to make a few ambitious signings soon, the question is more about whether we get our 1st choice, 2nd choice or down to 3rd choice signings.
'Trying to make signings.'
'Plan to have a definitely better squad'
Laughable stuff. Actions speak louder than words.
Sold our 2 best players, no sign of replacing the 2 loan players who dragged us up. That is the action. We aren't going to improve the squad. It can't be done in the time available with the money available.
How many times do you need to be told the jam tomorrow never comes.

None of it makes sense. If the prince is trying to sell a Premier league club for an inflated amount, why would a buyer invest in an asset stripped club destined for the championship? Any money received for players will be offset by a lower club selling price.

Agree.

That’s why when the transfer window ends we are likely to have a better squad than last season.

As we’ve currently lost our 3 best players (N’Diaye, McAtee and Berge) then using simple logic…..this means we have several exciting players due to arrive.

That’s the plan….so let’s see if this happens.

You’d think that a prospective buyer would snap up an EPL side with a large fan base, in a large city a decent stadium and a tradition going back nearly 140 years for £120m. After all Bournemouth had no trouble selling their club for around £116m.
So what do prospective investors know that the Prince isn’t telling the fans.
This ^^

'Trying to make signings.'
'Plan to have a definitely better squad'
Laughable stuff. Actions speak louder than words.

It was the same comments when we were chasing Brewster…we’ll never sign him, give him what ever he wants.

Same with Berge, we’ll never sign him, Napoli we’re interested him. We lack ambition to sign a Champions League player.

Why don’t our fans learn from experience of the last few years. We generally get our targets and we’ve always had a decent squad (better than we expected) to attack the league.

The takeover has muddied the waters but the Prince has already admitted he wants to stay as part owner of the club, so even if he really hates SUFC he’s hardly going to turn his back on millions of pounds in the PL.

Good point Richee.

In the interview with the Prince some good questions were asked but there were no follow up questions regards his answers, appreciate this is really difficult because it’s not meant to be an interrogation, you can’t push your luck too much otherwise you loose the open dialogue.

However I would have asked.

1: Why is it proving so difficult to sell the club over a 2 year span when other lesser clubs sell so easily. You would expect a big city club destined for the PL would be hot property. He said we have 3 seriously interested parties but we’ve been available for so long. When does he think the sale might be done, it’s been “there should be some news in 4 weeks” for the last 12 weeks. Why is the takeover so slow and anyone from the outside might deduct his conditions and asking price are putting investors off.

2: You initially wanted to sell the whole club so why have you changed you mind and now want to retain a 20% interest. Will this make the club harder or easier to sell and why.

3: You said your team did due diligence on the previous bids but your team don’t have the expertise and resources of the EFL. With respect, how come Joe Public on the S24SU forum found so many red flags within 24 hours of googling?

Has Berge definitely been sold or is it a rumor created by the local rag? nowt on United or Burnley Websites? nowt on sky sports news either.

It's been a long long time since I've felt so depressed at the start of a season 😒

Agree mate.
Very confident we’ll bring in a few really good players before the window.

However it’s a farce regards Saturdays match. Either we play a really weak team or we put in some new players who haven’t even trained with the squad.

I was saying to my grandson today.

Imagine if we lose 3 or 4-0 to Palace on Saturday they’ll be some right hassle in the stands.

The club had consistently said no player will be sold until we’ve got adequate replacements line up.

So can only assume we’ve already agreed in principle the N”Diaye and Berge replacements and there’s either been an unexpected snag or we’re waiting on another club to bring in a player before they release their player to us.

Look at what the Prince has done to Beershott and Chateauroux. Then look again at what he is doing to our club. Open your eyes and stop the whatabouttery. Everton non stop premier football. Huge player investment. New stadium. Yeah hard times, much harder than us, transfer embargo, failed takeovers with a crook and a scammer. Sold 2 best players a week before the season starts, no replacements in or even likely on recent evidence.
Everton are being run far worse than us, they might still be in the premier league but as far as I'm concerned they're lucky to still be there after the last few years, look at how bad they were last season and they only just avoided the drop. The same thing or worse is going to keep happening to them until they sort their ownership out.

Has Berge definitely been sold or is it a rumor created by the local rag? nowt on United or Burnley Websites? nowt on sky sports news either.
His agent wants him out of United.....but not to fucking Burnley.......won't happen

Laugh all you like you must enjoy our best players being blackmailed and forced out of our club then.

Sums up the mentality of some of our so called supporters, happy to see our club run into the ground.

Something tells me we've priced a lot of buyers out of the market, which has delayed this takeover and could easily put the club into serious jeoprady.

He's already made a fortune out of us, but from the outside looking in, seems instant on making that extra £5/£10/£20m at the detriment of the club.
Nailed it 🎯

His agent wants him out of United.....but not to fucking Burnley.......won't happen
Where have you heard that? because from what I have been told he hasn't asked to leave or ever kicked up a fuss.

It is the Prince trying to force Sander out of the club.

Attention seeker alert.

Would love to explain how business works but doubt you’ll be able to take it in.

“Sack the board”?…..I truly despair.
Hopefully it’s a kid with little life experience posting.
Are you one the Princes puppets in disguise then? I am not attention seeking at all.

I am sick and tired of my club being run into the ground and embarrassed by owners who purport to care about our club and do the opposite of what they say they are going to do.

By his own admission he said judge me on my actions as actions speak louder than words.

What kind of idiot sells two of their best players literally a two week and within a week of the opening game of the season.

Now if Sander asked to leave and he was sold to a team abroad I would have no qualms about him going.

But he is being forced out of our club and sold to a relegation rival for absolute peanuts.

Sander has literally been blackmailed into a corner it is shameful is that really the type of owner/board we want at the club where they behave like that towards the players.

Agree mate.
Very confident we’ll bring in a few really good players before the window.

However it’s a farce regards Saturdays match. Either we play a really weak team or we put in some new players who haven’t even trained with the squad.

I was saying to my grandson today.

Imagine if we lose 3 or 4-0 to Palace on Saturday they’ll be some right hassle in the stands.

The club had consistently said no player will be sold until we’ve got adequate replacements line up.

So can only assume we’ve already agreed in principle the N”Diaye and Berge replacements and there’s either been an unexpected snag or we’re waiting on another club to bring in a player before they release their player to us.
If thats the case it sounds like other clubs have their heads screwed on. I mean how stupid would it be to sell without a replacement . ER ER ER Hang on a min .

For me, It’s not even the fact Sander is leaving…It’s just the Burnley thing for me. Why would we even entertain selling him to a potential rival now. It’s like Kevin McDonald all over again, when Wolves sabotaged our season before it started…Burnley are doing the same thing.

Even if we managed to get 4 players in ASAP - we are weeks behind everyone else in getting them embedded into our system and philosophy. It's absolutely bonkers.
It doesn't really matter if we bring them in now or in four weeks time. Even if we brought them in weeks ago and they had been intergrated into our system we're still going down this season. Face it. Accept it.

We're looking to sign young players who'll still be here next season in the Championship and beyond. So there's no point in getting knickers in a twist about this season. Relegation is all but inevitable pending a miracle or a takeover in the next week, which we're unlikely to get as we're

A) over priced for what we are.

B) likely to be relegated so our value will drop making any takeover seem like bad business. Why pay £170mil for a club that will be worth £120mil in 12 months. Wait until then and save £50mil.

C) a club with 70% of the squad out of contract next summer which will harm the chances of an instant promotion push.

We've lost Ndiaye, Doyle and McAtee and were never likely to get long term replacements on a shoe string budget. We were always going to lose Sander as he was never going to sign a new deal, when he's already spent half of his four year contract in the Championship. Why would he commit to more seasons in the Championship? Please don't bring up "loyalty." Sander has stayed loyal in seeing out all four years of his contract including post-relegation.

Any signings need to be good enough for the Championship next season. To hell with the Premier League. This season is going to be a non-event and I'm already losing interest before a ball has been kicked as it's obvious to a blind man what the future will bring. But I'm not going to moan about it as I'm managing my own expectations. The only thing that gives us a chance of staying up is hope.

It makes me laugh that so many think Palace will be a likely 3 points for us. To beat Palace we need to score goals. We've only scored against Chesterfield and Derby in pre-season. Osula has wasted every chance that's been laid on for him. Brewster is still out, McBurnie is also out, but may be back, but even then he's scored 7 Premier League goals in two seasons, and despite a turnaround last season didn't even finish as one of the top 10 goal scorers in the Championship last season. So that leaves Jebbo, who runs fast and does nothing, and Traore, who may or may not be a masterstroke. So, yeah, we'll piss Palace with all our goal threats up front. But wait, the goals can come from midfield. Great, Berge, Norwood, Slimane and Osborn. Teams must be crapping themselves at the prospect of facing any combination of three of them unless we bring in someone else to go along Sander and Slimane, or two to go alongside Berge if/when he is sold.

Yes, we're a mess of a football club right now both on and off the pitch. Unfortunately we're owned by the poorest owner in terms of money to pump into the club, but nothing will be fixed this season, takeover or no takeover.

This season will be rough and probably as bad as our last one in the top flight. I know folks say loads of other fans would love to be in our place. Maybe, but would they be as miserable by the end of October? I've never felt so numb and uninterested going into a new season. Not even in our second season in the Premier League last time when I predicted relegation in the summer. I don't personally see much to get excited about this season.

Everyone keeps saying, wait until we've brought everyone in by the end of the transfer window. That's all well and good but permanently signings should be in sooner not last minute. I get that for loans, but not for permanent signings. We are pathetically slow at getting deals done compared to other clubs.

I feel better now I've gotten that off my chest!!! 🤣🤣🤣

What gets me the most is that not many teams have a crack at being in the Premier League and the pool of teams who do is getting smaller, unless some huge rabbits are about to come flying out of a big top hat unfortunately I feel we will once again miss the bus.

Back
Top Bottom