Osula or McBurnie to start against Chelsea?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

'Meanwhile, Pochettino also confirmed during his news conference on Friday that Spain goalkeeper Robert Sanchez is out until at least late December with a knee injury. Sanchez's absence opens the door for Serbia international Djordje Petrovic, signed in the summer from New England Revolution, to start in his place.'

shoooooot

Mcburnie was truly wank today, absolutely useless
Yet they were ones in shoutbox saying he had a good first half.

For me he was totally wrong player to play against Chelsea. He was half off the pace of the game and the one chance he had to be johnny on the spot to knock it in he was miles away.

McBurnie starting laughable. Being replaced by Norwood extremely laughable

Wilder for Hecky. What’s was the point.

Fleck Norwood starting next week.

He’s an extremely poor player I don’t care what I've nothing against him as a person, but I've said to anyone who'll listen, he's not and never will be a footballer, akwardness is all he offers

Don’t think it matters against Silva who was outstanding again.

Maybe just me then but I thought he had a good first half, with the balls he received. Nice hold up play and some excellent passing
He did a couple of decent controls and lay offs. But let’s be honest it’s nothing special just bog standard play for any centre forward. But for every one he controls and lays off there is 5 that he just gives to the opposition, some under no pressure at all and he will just give it away straight to an opposition player. His fans completely disregard these as though they never happen and will just concentrate on the one or two passes or lay offs that come off. Same goes for headers, he won a couple of headers/flick ons but for everyone he wins he loses 5, most of the time he doesn’t bother even jumping for the header he will just bump into the defender trying to win a free kick with no attempt to win the ball. There is a lot of people who want us to evolve, progress as a team and club by getting rid of the likes of Norwood/Fleck etc but want this big lump leading our attack. Baffles me no end.

He did a couple of decent controls and lay offs. But let’s be honest it’s nothing special just bog standard play for any centre forward. But for every one he controls and lays off there is 5 that he just gives to the opposition, some under no pressure at all and he will just give it away straight to an opposition player. His fans completely disregard these as though they never happen and will just concentrate on the one or two passes or lay offs that come off. Same goes for headers, he won a couple of headers/flick ons but for everyone he wins he loses 5, most of the time he doesn’t bother even jumping for the header he will just bump into the defender trying to win a free kick with no attempt to win the ball. There is a lot of people who want us to evolve, progress as a team and club by getting rid of the likes of Norwood/Fleck etc but want this big lump leading our attack. Baffles me no end.
I’m neither a fan or a hater. Just thought that he did ok and is a different level to Osula, who I would love to succeed but needs a season in the Championship to gain some experience

If Osula could do what McBurnie can he would start every week without question. McBurnie is the only striker at the club who can hold the ball up and compete in the air which does provide a lot for the team. That being said though we cannot continue playing without pace upfront, especially away from home where the only chances we will create are on the counter. Even at home that will still be the case in many games.

Signing a striker who can hold the ball up, is good in the air and has pace would be completely transformative for this team and is basically a must in this division, we’re the only side that doesn’t have that type of player.

Last edited:
I’m neither a fan or a hater. Just thought that he did ok and is a different level to Osula, who I would love to succeed but needs a season in the Championship to gain some experience
And before that he needs a season in league 1 where he actually gets a few starts. The lad miles off it unfortunately, literally not in the same league as Mcburnie (a good championship striker).

So we’re back to hating Mcburnie again? Right. Just trying to keep up

I think Mcburnie actually gets of lightly compared to the grief that Lundstram gave in the last 6 months of his contract.

The effort and desire that Mcburnie put out on the pitch today was unacceptable and disgraceful to the Sheffield United shirt.

McBurnie is the only striker at the club who can hold the ball up and compete in the air which does provide a lot for the team. T
Yeah but we also need one that scores goals. Bogle laid it for him on a plate with the cross in the 6 yard box and he stood there not anticipating what was coming. Then threw his hands in the air realising what he missed.

Its not that we hate McBurnie he just isnt good enough for what we need.

McBurnie , Traore , Brewster , Jebbison , Osula.
Not one of whom is a regularly fit , intelligent , fully developed quality striker upon whom we can rely.
Our recruitment of strikers has been unfortunate.

Which is strange when not so long ago we were top heavy with strikers.

He's truly shite

Don’t think it matters against Silva who was outstanding again.
Chelsea fans think Silva is past it and can't handle anyone with an ounce of pace, an immobile cart horse like McBurnie is his bread and butter. He has a role to play but starting him today was a weird one.

Back
Top Bottom