Osula or McBurnie to start against Chelsea?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Chelsea fans think Silva is past it and can't handle anyone with an ounce of pace, an immobile cart horse like McBurnie is his bread and butter. He has a role to play but starting him today was a weird one.
It speaks volumes for our terrible recruitment that we have to play the useless lump that is Mcburnie. Hopefully CW will be allowed to rectify his original mistake in signing him and be allowed to replace him in January.

Baffles me as his selection flies in the face of everything we've seen thus far with Wilder MKII.

He's stepped away from the slow ponderous proven not to be good enough at this level, and started to play young dynamic athletic kids who have a future with us. Today he's stepped back, and as a result so have we

I only hope Tufty is kicking himself on the train home tonight.

It speaks volumes for our terrible recruitment that we have to play the useless lump that is Mcburnie. Hopefully CW will be allowed to rectify his original mistake in signing him and be allowed to replace him in January.

Hopefully we don't get to a Lundstram situation where CW continues to pick someone who hasn't signed a new contract and not putting in the effort which then spreads through the rest of the team 🙈

Hopefully we don't get to a Lundstram situation where CW continues to pick someone who hasn't signed a new contract and not putting in the effort which then spreads through the rest of the team 🙈
It would be fantastic if we can tempt someone to take him in January, any offers over 50p and I'd snap their hands off.

Facts.

The kids CV reads :-

PL appearances.
PL goals.
International caps.
A £20m transfer fee under the belt.
A 7 figure annual salary.

These facts put him in the top few percent of all professionals that have ever played the game.

Funny old game !

UTB

Facts.

The kids CV reads :-

PL appearances.
PL goals.
International caps.
A £20m transfer fee under the belt.
A 7 figure annual salary.

These facts put him in the top few percent of all professionals that have ever played the game.

Funny old game !

UTB
Nice whataboutery.

None of the above makes him fit for purpose for what we're trying to do in 2023... At best he'd be a Plan C coming off the bench, but as a focal point/regular starter, he doesn't offer us much!

McBurnie is not athletic enough or fit enough to play a high pressing style, he runs with that annoying laboured gait, knowing full well he ain’t getting anywhere near the defender. Quite frankly, he looks like he’s just come off a week a’nights.

Osula, is a long way from being ready for Premier League football, obviously fitter and quicker but doesn’t look confident in his own ability. Needs a loan in January.

We desperately need one or even two strikers in, in January, it’s the squads weakest area

Nice whataboutery.

None of the above makes him fit for purpose for what we're trying to do in 2023... At best he'd be a Plan C coming off the bench, but as a focal point/regular starter, he doesn't offer us much

One or two might have pointed out that he wasn’t fit for purpose for what we were trying to do in 2019/2020/2021/2022 !

UTB

When will it be socially acceptable to say that Osula looks garbage?

As a striker I don’t know what he is. Despite being massive he’s not physical, he rarely presses, I don’t think his workrate has been all that despite Wilder gushing over his Liverpool performance.

Osula’s hold-up play is way off the required standard and, in glimpses, his finishing at senior level looks abysmal. Cow arses and banjos spring to mind.

Yes he’s quick, but so far he’s one of the roughest diamonds I’ve seen to be aclaimed just because he pulls on a United shirt.

It’s a no brainer that McBurnie should start ahead of him when available, which tells you more about Osula than McBurnie.
Think you're being a bit harsh on a youngster who needs to experience a tough learning curve like any at a club of our relative small stature.
Haven't we witnessed lots of occassions when Mcburnie looks like he couldn't even identify a banjo in a piano shop.
Prolific he is not and for me plays ugly football better suited to lower leagues.👍

Baffles me as his selection flies in the face of everything we've seen thus far with Wilder MKII.

He's stepped away from the slow ponderous proven not to be good enough at this level, and started to play young dynamic athletic kids who have a future with us. Today he's stepped back, and as a result so have we

I only hope Tufty is kicking himself on the train home tonight.

Exactly this. But he won’t be kicking himself. I suspect the playing of kids will be the flash in the pan. Missed opportunity against Chelsea. Got beat cos nobody could track Palmer. Too quick. Couldn’t counter attack or pose a threat cos no legs in midfield, too slow. Formation didn’t help. I really don’t understand why Seryki gets dropped. When I see Norwood huffing and puffing his way back from the half way line as Chelsea stream forward. Don’t understand why Slimane can’t play slightly forward where he doesn’t have to provide midfield defensive cover. He’s a unit.

W played our best attacking football when Archer went up top and Slimane went left of a three against Brentford.

I genuinely don't understand Bladesballer

Here he is, the only ( I think) Scottish striker playing in the PL eligable to play for his country in a major tournament and he puts a shift in once a month tops.

If that doesn't motivate him, what the fuck will??

I have said many times on this forum that we look a poorer team with McBurnie in it. Sometimes he plays ok. But the team play differently when he is in the side. His presence changes the whole dynamic of our play, under both Hecky and Wilder. He is just not fast enough, aware enough or fit enough for EPL.

It would be great if someone has some stats comparing goals scored and results when he is in the team, and likewise when he is out. All I know is that he is in his 5th season with us, and has scored a paultry 18 goals.

Will Osula is nowhere near the finished article, but he has pace, passion and awareness of where to run. He is a very good work in progress. Get Billy in to train him on how to put the ball in the onion bag and some improved positioning in the box and he will develop into a good striker. We don't have the money to splash out in January, and we've been pretty awful at investing in this area in the past. So let's spend time and effort using what knowledge and assets we have, or could have in house and I am confident Will can do a job for us working with McAtee and Archer.

Back
Top Bottom