Osula or McBurnie to start against Chelsea?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tricky one. Osula is a unit and quick but less comfortable at hold up play. Still might make defences have to be on their toes.

McBurnie if played to feet is pretty decent at link up play. And is a better foil for Archer.

Guess we will have to see. Wilder though doesn't seem scared of changes when you look at how both these games panned out.
Who would have thought Brooks would be starting and MOM this time a week ago and that Slimane and Peck would have featured.

With McBurnie coming back after his suspension for Chelsea, do you reckon Wilder will start him? Or has Osula done enough to keep his place in the side for next week? Wilder seems to be very pleased with Osula’s two performances. I’d personally start McBurnie and bring on Osula from the bench with his pace and power but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Wilder started Osula.
McBurnie. Osula is willing but struggling to make any impact. Use him from bench late on.

Wilder will pick McB. That’s that really isn’t it ?

Many of us would not.

UTB

McBurnie.

Osula is game and offers us something slightly difference but he doesn't make the right decisions in possession. I thought he struggled today.
Agreed @ osula. He's got lots of great attributes but needs to play more matches (on loan?) to get better at decision making and playing the final balls.

Mcburnie for me. Holds the ball up well and links up well with archer. Also for his defensive work.

Osula looked tired today, even Wilder commented on it. Bring him on at 70 to stretch their tired defence after McB has roughed them up.

Osula for me. He might not have done much yesterday, but away from home our tactics will be contain and break quick on the counter attack. For that reason we'll need McAtee, Osula and Archer. Their pace is a huge asset. McBurnie will slow us down, he'll likely give away possession through needless fans and he's never been the most comfortable with ball at feet. There's nothing wrong with bringing him on late from the bench. We don't need to hold up the ball, it slows us down and will put us under pressure where we'll likely give us possession. We need to hit Chelsea on the break quickly. Our best chance for scoring will be set pieces won from quick breaks. Osula is still a relative unknown whilst Chelsea will know what to expect from McBurnie. Norwood can stay on the bench too.

Mccburnie for Osula against Chelsea. Because Mccburnie can head the ball on for Archer, Chelsea have tall center-backs. Mccburnie can win a lot of headers for us. as long as he heeps his discipline.

Yes, they do but my point is Mccburine has more chance of winning headers than Osulsa. When Wes kicks the ball for a quick counter-attack, Mccbernie has a chance to head it on to Archer. not been able to do that in the last couple of games due to his his suspension.

I’d keep Osula for the next two..

Mcburnie to start against Luton for the Aerial strenght

I don’t find this tricky at all.

Osula is a game trier with potential.

McBurnie is a possibly talismanic figure and one who can genuinely give their defence some physicality and also a possible goal threat and means to keep the ball more.

No brained for me. Oli Mac all the way.

think chris will go with mcburnie but hes got to lay it on the line to him about discipline were up against it enough in this league with 11 on the pitch let alone going down to 10

Mcb slows our play down, we are breaking at real pace last thing we need is someone to hold it up and slow the game down. We may need that towards the end of the game but Osula has everything McB has and much more.
I'd start Osula as well. He'll have some poor games and then he gets dragged, but it will do Mcburnie no harm to be made to fight for the shirt

On Saturday we're going to be down a central defender so mcburnie is a must for their corners and free kicks on that alone, and against Everton I was getting excited that this striking partnership would work, unfortunately we never really attacked any team after that so we didn't find out, as for osula I think he's a great prospect but still a prospect, because at the moment his decision making is not great, he rarely sees a player in a better position, his hold up play isn't as good as we need, so for me mcburnie

Osula for me. He will stretch their defence with the pace and power he has got. He is still very raw but all the stuff he is missing is the stuff that comes with experience. I think once he gets a goal he will get plenty.

McBurnie lost the shirt through his own stupidity and needs to win it back rather than simply being it back at the first opportunity

Not sure that McB should start against Chelski but he needs to be in the starting 11 against Luton 👍

On Saturday we're going to be down a central defender so mcburnie is a must for their corners and free kicks on that alone, and against Everton I was getting excited that this striking partnership would work, unfortunately we never really attacked any team after that so we didn't find out, as for osula I think he's a great prospect but still a prospect, because at the moment his decision making is not great, he rarely sees a player in a better position, his hold up play isn't as good as we need, so for me mcburnie
robinson isnt the tallest either so thats a non factor
osula getting a lot of stick for his performance yesterday but his pace pushes defences back ten yards and his pressing made the difference from the passive innefective side that bournemouth and burnley toyed with to the pacy athletic team of the last two games that have occupied defenders and played a modern progressive game

all the talk of flick ons and hold up play is fine but its at the expense of that

Not sure why Wilder singled Osula out yesterday in his interview. He did ok.

I think he’ll put McBurnie in at Chelsea though, we’ll need whoever doesn’t start after an hour.

robinson isnt the tallest either so thats a non factor
osula getting a lot of stick for his performance yesterday but his pace pushes defences back ten yards and his pressing made the difference from the passive innefective side that bournemouth and burnley toyed with to the pacy athletic team of the last two games that have occupied defenders and played a modern progressive game

all the talk of flick ons and hold up play is fine but its at the expense of that
This is a different sheffield united to the bouremouth/Burnley games, we're more attacking and I believe mcburnie and archer will make a good partnership, ok its only been 2 games but i haven't seen that archer and osula have shown that they can work together, regardless of Robinsons aerial ability mcburnie is an asset in our box,

Both will play their part. The club/Wilder will have a keen eye on Mcburnie's contract situation.

I don’t find this tricky at all.

Osula is a game trier with potential.

McBurnie is a possibly talismanic figure and one who can genuinely give their defence some physicality and also a possible goal threat and means to keep the ball more.

No brained for me. Oli Mac all the way.
Agree. Play your best players in their best positions.
Hamer/Souza - central midfield
Anel - best CB and great decision to make him captain
McB - our best no 9 so play him if available.
Give them responsibility and tell them to lead the kids.

This is a different sheffield united to the bouremouth/Burnley games, we're more attacking and I believe mcburnie and archer will make a good partnership, ok its only been 2 games but i haven't seen that archer and osula have shown that they can work together, regardless of Robinsons aerial ability mcburnie is an asset in our box,
and ive just highlighted to you why its a different sheffield united
i like mcburnie but osula stretches the pitch to give space for archer and mcatee to use but im not against mcburnie starting but i dont think it will be as effective as bringing him on for 30 mins

i like mcburnie but osula stretches the pitch to give space for archer and mcatee to use but im not against mcburnie starting but i dont think it will be as effective as bringing him on for 30 mins
OK then

I'm not sure Osula is making that space as much as you suggest. Archer has had more space/time on the ball in the last two becaise he's being playing off the left hand side rather than being stuck up top and having balls lumped up to him. He's actually getting balls into feet on the left hand side and able to use his pace to attack down the sides.

Mcburnie will not only win headers (as well as Osula has done I don't think this is something he has been particularly good at) but also hold the ball up to enable archer/mcatee to make runs down the side. Yes his red card was stupid, yes I hope Wilder has made sure he knows it - but I think if we're going to be more of an attacking side we should play our best striker

Back
Top Bottom