Osula or McBurnie to start against Chelsea?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Mcb slows our play down, we are breaking at real pace last thing we need is someone to hold it up and slow the game down. We may need that towards the end of the game but Osula has everything McB has and much more.
Oli’s best season and also best season with us, was with teams that breaked with pace.
Osula has done fine covering but he’s not at McBurnies levels if he’s fit. If Osula had ripped it up then there is a serious discussion to be had but he hasn’t and thats no criticism given his age.

I said to lad I sit with that Archer looked tired towards the end, I’d of had One chasing lost causes. But I’m sure Wilder knows what he’s doing more than I do! 🤣
I thought the last substitution we should have made more changes to ease the tired bodies but like you said he knows more than us

Oli’s best season and also best season with us, was with teams that breaked with pace.
Osula has done fine covering but he’s not at McBurnies levels if he’s fit. If Osula had ripped it up then there is a serious discussion to be had but he hasn’t and thats no criticism given his age.
In your opinion, we all are entitled to them but I disagree. I personally think McB is a poor player who half the time can’t trap a bag of cement, can’t run, can’t even connect with the ball properly most of the time and will scuff shots. He pretends to close down defenders and just trots and doesn’t really pressure them. Osula offers more imo but we won’t agree on that but time will tell.

In your opinion, we all are entitled to them but I disagree. I personally think McB is a poor player who half the time can’t trap a bag of cement, can’t run, can’t even connect with the ball properly most of the time and will scuff shots. He pretends to close down defenders and just trots and doesn’t really pressure them. Osula offers more imo but we won’t agree on that but time will tell.
Fair enough but his best two seasons, one for Swansea and one for us isn’t opinion, and neither is the way both teams played those seasons which was quicker build up and more direct.
It’s entirely separate discussion point than if McBurnie is a decent player.

not a mcburnie fan but think chris might spring a suprise at chelsea by starting mcburnie and osula at stamford bridge archer ran himself in to the ground today and was my motm but might need a rest next week and start on the bench

I wouldn't be against Slimane coming in and pushing archer up like we did 2nd half as long as him and McAtee both get up and support him like they today.

Fair enough but his best two seasons, one for Swansea and one for us isn’t opinion, and neither is the way both teams played those seasons which was quicker build up and more direct.
It’s entirely separate discussion point than if McBurnie is a decent player.
Again that is just your opinion. I disagree 👍

Crucial game at the Bridge with Chelsea expecting a points deduction which would see them level with us.
This is a winnable game.
Hecky would never have thought so and would have set up accordingly.
Wilder knows that who dares wins and hopefully will continue the approach he's demonstrated so far.

Crucial game at the Bridge with Chelsea expecting a points deduction which would see them level with us.
This is a winnable game.
Hecky would never have thought so and would have set up accordingly.
Wilder knows that who dares wins and hopefully will continue the approach he's demonstrated so far.
chelsea arent expecting a points deduction.

I said to lad I sit with that Archer looked tired towards the end, I’d of had One chasing lost causes. But I’m sure Wilder knows what he’s doing more than I do!
During the game I was thinking the same thing, as I thought Archer's legs had gone.
But it's a hell of a risk to bring a17 year old on for the last few minutes. It's ok when the ball is up the pitch and you need someone to chase it down. But when you are defending and have everyone behind the ball you want players with experience.
We've all seen it before, young inexperienced striker gives away soft penalty In last minute.
I'm keen to see him given a chance, maybe in the Cup, but today was not the right time.

Wilder has been picking a team for future, that's what this season was supposed to be about. McBurnie, has had his best form in the last 18 months when available, but still injuries, suspensions and a question if he is really technically good enough etc...with his contract up, I think he has to prove he is really worth continuing with. I would go with Osula for now, whatever margins McBurnie may give in the short term.

Out of interest then, which two seasons do you consider his best?
Im not sure what you’re getting at? are you talking goals? Which for us his return is extremely poor let’s be honest. But I never mentioned goals or him getting in the box when we had rampaging overlapping centre half’s that were giving us loads of chances and he got a few goals which I assume is what you are getting at. I am talking about right now, fast paced attacks with everyone going forward, it was evident against Liverpool and more evident today, Hamer, Brooks, McAtee, Archer, Osula all with a first thought of attack. None of that wrestling with defenders and trying to win a free kick, or if he does manage to control it laying it off backwards and slowing everything down… wilder has clearly told them to attack at pace.

I’ll give you an example. Our goal today, Archer controlled in our half and immediately turned and attacked their defenders, by the time he got to their area he had about 6 of their players to that side of the box, think it bobbled off Brooks and was laid off to McAtee who was in acres of space because our fast attack had pulled all their players towards the other side of the box. If McB had collected that ball that Archer did he would have just played it backwards towards Trusty. We don’t need that, we need Archer and Osula stretching them.

With McBurnie coming back after his suspension for Chelsea, do you reckon Wilder will start him? Or has Osula done enough to keep his place in the side for next week? Wilder seems to be very pleased with Osula’s two performances. I’d personally start McBurnie and bring on Osula from the bench with his pace and power but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Wilder started Osula.
Osula. Not put a foot wrong the last two games. McRedcard can come off the bench.

McBurnie plays today and we win that game by 3 goals today. Osula is a great prospect but to think United would be better with McB on the bench is incomprehensible in my opinion. Remember the game against Bournemouth and the difference he made even though the game was effectively over when he came on?

Im not sure what you’re getting at? are you talking goals? Which for us his return is extremely poor let’s be honest. But I never mentioned goals or him getting in the box when we had rampaging overlapping centre half’s that were giving us loads of chances and he got a few goals which I assume is what you are getting at. I am talking about right now, fast paced attacks with everyone going forward, it was evident against Liverpool and more evident today, Hamer, Brooks, McAtee, Archer, Osula all with a first thought of attack. None of that wrestling with defenders and trying to win a free kick, or if he does manage to control it laying it off backwards and slowing everything down… wilder has clearly told them to attack at pace.

I’ll give you an example. Our goal today, Archer controlled in our half and immediately turned and attacked their defenders, by the time he got to their area he had about 6 of their players to that side of the box, think it bobbled off Brooks and was laid off to McAtee who was in acres of space because our fast attack had pulled all their players towards the other side of the box. If McB had collected that ball that Archer did he would have just played it backwards towards Trusty. We don’t need that, we need Archer and Osula stretching them.
I originally replied to your comment saying that his best two seasons were when his teams attacked with a quicker tempo. You said that was opinion and you disagreed with it. Therefore I then asked you to clarify which seasons you think were better for him if I was wrong. You’ve not clarified that point.

I originally replied to your comment saying that his best two seasons were when his teams attacked with a quicker tempo. You said that was opinion and you disagreed with it. I said it was a fact and asked you to clarify which seasons you think were better for him. You’ve not clarified that.
I said we are breaking at real pace and that he would slow it down, not that we are playing with a quicker tempo like previous sides he played in, there’s a difference so no it’s not a fact as you say, it’s totally irrelevant compared to how Wilder has got the two forwards playing these two games... In our good season we were not under the cosh, we had plenty of the ball and agreed we played with a quick tempo but it was a quick tempo to retain the ball until we worked an opportunity to get it into the box, often work it out wide and the overlap etc certainly were not breaking constantly as that would imply we were always under the cosh and not simply playing high tempo possession based football which it was, we certainly were not playing a quick ball to McB, Sharp or McGolrick and getting them to turn and break with speed at their centre half’s..

Also it’s not just the fast attacks it is also the closing down at pace which we will suffer with McB, Archer and Osula have literally run themselves into the ground, some think Osula didn’t do much but he did, as McB fans would say he’s put in a reyt shift. This stat was just on MOTD and Ian Wright said not many teams outwork Brentford and the pressure in the final third is telling, 68 pressures with nearly all of them will be Archer and Osula who were closing down defenders at pace and putting them under pressure. We have come accustomed to McB closing down centre half’s like a limping sloth and giving them 2-3 seconds more time to pick a pass and giving them more time to build possession further forward. Archer and Osula are not giving them a minutes peace on both attacks and defending.

IMG_9279.jpeg

Honestly I'd keep Osula in let him and archer try and develop a partnership, can't say for sure (I need to find the full 90 minutes somewhere) but they seemed to be looking for each other better today than Liverpool, the shout replacing macatee with One was a good one, I'm sorry but Norwood, fleck and McBurnie shouldn't be anywhere near the First 11
CW has now laid out the intention of using the kids and I for one applaud it
With RND and George Close who knows what could happen but it'll give us a firm start for next season wherever we end up

McDrunk needs shipping out ASAP. He's a fucking liability, and the sooner we lose him and change our style to something better than a beanpole getting a head on a ball and creating fuck all, then getting sent off, the better we will be. He contributes more as a defender if anything, and whilst that's worthy, it's not what we pay him 30'000 cans of special brew per week for.

It’s a quandary right enough. McBurnie has his bad points, and Osula has had plenty of opportunity.

I think McBurnie can be a liability, and Osula is still playing the man’s game with his mind at academy level.

I can see Wilder trying One out for an away game to see if he is ready for the step up.. It’s worth considering that Archer, McAtee and Osula all tire themselves out. The difference is we know Archer and McAtee can score goals and cause havoc.

My only concern is that Osula and One have no goals at this level!

Back
Top Bottom