McCabe Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Will you be willing to be the new DoF to help us out Ricky in our hour of need,it is clear you have the knowledge,i bet you would even pay United to do the job would you not ?

But you want to sack another manager. Make your mind up.

UTB
It's not directly Adkins fault we are where we are, but he has to take responsibility for a fair portion. His dreadful transfers this season have cost us just as much as the board's lack of ambition.

McCabe has overseen years and years of decline, and Adkins has come in and done everything he could have to continue it.

A DoF could work with the sort of detachment a manager couldn't. And with less pressure. They'd cover different areas of the club. The least a DoF would do is allow the manager to focus more on managing the team. Managers come and go too and in that transitional phase is where a DoF could be most important.

Could work,could be most important,you have not got a clue have you,you are just guessing

15 posts in 6 years until I arrive. LOL.

What is your point,mine is that you do not know what you are talking about

Remember a couple of things, McCabe stated ages back, he said that he was at the stage where he had invested all he could and needed investment, it's possible that the investment needed was to keep the club afloat, who knows.

Secondly, game changing might have meant at the time not having to put the club in administration..

Finally the only thing we should think Liverpool about is that they sold thier best player and didn't replace him, we just do it every season after season tickets reach a certain level of sales.".

Look over at the sty, that's real ambition, ours is a smokescreen of broken promises and what could have been every transfer window...

The emperors have no clothes on, and thier arses are on full view..

Let's hope Adkins doesn't end up this years scapegoat..

Edit "seasons". Lol

A DoF in place could have rectified just about all the most basic of errors that have been made recently. Both at management and board level. It definitely doesn't demand a forensic selection process. All it would need is thorough clarification that the individual concerned had a fairly extensive knowledge of where we went wrong, how it would have been fixed should they have been in the role, and a detailed plan of what needs to be done. All that would have to match up with the board's views though, and since they were overseeing the failures they would be attempting to address, I'm not sure whether the selection process would fall down at that stage.

I'd suggest the selection process would start to fall down when whoever opened the cv of a fan who'd never worked in football before chucked it in the bin.

Sorry but it's a pipe dream. McCabe is a self made multi millionaire who generally has been unable to transfer his undoubted expertise in the property market to a football club yet some think someone who's expertise is based mainly on watching the team would even be considered for what is a senior management position?

5 years in the third division, managers have been and gone.

It can't be a coincidence, can it?

Cannot argue with that due to being a fact . Thing is McCabe although has to take the rap and full responsibility , because the buck stops with him . He has over the years been badly adived and consulted the wrong people ( even going way back to Robson days ) . If he was a salaried CEO , he would have fallen on his own sword , been sacked or resigned . Differance is , he owns and bank rolls the club , and could only sack himself.

As BDTBL been run autocratic and not democratic , and thats been the problem , that nobody else ( up until the prince came on board ) , has had enough clout to out vote him on all club issues.

He is the clubs benefactor , and under manager Adkins lets hope we are finally getting it right both on and off the field. Up to press do we kid ourselves and be blinkered , just dont know , as yearning success is getting past its sell by date , and in reality will it ever happen.

God help them who are not positive clappers.

UTB

Remember a couple of things, McCabe stated ages back, he said that he was at the stage where he had invested all he could and needed investment, it's possible that the investment needed was to keep the club afloat, who knows.

Secondly, game changing might have meant at the time not having to put the club in administration..

Finally the only thing we should think Liverpool about is that they sold thier best player and didn't replace him, we just do it every season after season tickets reach a certain level of sales.".

Look over at the sty, that's real ambition, ours is a smokescreen of broken promises and what could have been every transfer window...

The emperors have no clothes on, and thier arses are on full view..

Let's hope Adkins doesn't end up this years scapegoat..

Edit "seasons". Lol

McCabe and his companies owned us lock, stock and barrel so why would he put the club into administration and get 10p in the pound of his own money? Mind boggling:confused:

McCabe and his companies owned us lock, stock and barrel so why would he put the club into administration and get 10p in the pound of his own money? Mind boggling:confused:

Administration is seen as a simple get out of jail free card...

That's another £250,000 a year, in the hope that they add some value that the bloke with 4 promotions can't spot.

More likely is that the manager is well aware of our weaknesses, the Achilles heel being the time it takes to address it.

UTB

Or ..... the manager is well aware of our weaknesses and the resources he needs to address it are not being made available as promised ......... in which case he will only put up with that for so long before he votes with his feet !!
UTB & FTP

Unfortunately ..... it appears that super Mal Brannigan is about as much use as Turry was, which is similar to a chocolate tea pot !! :rolleyes:
UTB & FTP

Based on a transfer window when the same thing has happened long before he arrived?
Or something else?

Or ..... the manager is well aware of our weaknesses and the resources he needs to address it are not being made available as promised ......... in which case he will only put up with that for so long before he votes with his feet !!
UTB & FTP

That's a bit unfair Darth - Adkins may very well look on Sheffield United as a challenge and although you could be right (in the same vein as Bruce) Adkins may see us a medium term venture and one that may increase his CV value.

I think we should all hope he stays a bit. If he was a manager who always felt "I need a new player - where's the money Mr Chairman", the he isn't going to get that at manay places so we have to hope he can develop players like Adams/Reed. He apparently has the pedigree although I don't think he is all some crack him up to be.

This club will be the making or breaking of Adkins - a task I reckon he is now very much aware.

UTB

It's not directly Adkins fault we are where we are, but he has to take responsibility for a fair portion. His dreadful transfers this season have cost us just as much as the board's lack of ambition.

McCabe has overseen years and years of decline, and Adkins has come in and done everything he could have to continue it.
How much disgust did you have over the sale of Jamie Murphy, and what did you think of his abilities after 12 matches?

In short, if you're like most, you were outraged when we sold him, thought he was rubbish when we signed him, yet want the current manager sacked because some of is transfers haven't yet come off after a handful of games. I'd at least expect you have the intelligence to admit the contradiction.

You're classic symptom of so much that's wrong with football.

By the way, I retract an earlier defence I gave for you. I really do smell pork here. Not much else could explain your complete fickleness.

UTB

Have Curtis and Barny ever been on here at the same time?

Didn't Leicester go down this route? Interesting to see where they've ended up.

The point made was that McCabe would be writing off his own money so was never a remotely serious idea, not that it was or wasn't a way back to the top.

How much disgust did you have over the sale of Jamie Murphy, and what did you think of his abilities after 12 matches?

In short, if you're like most, you were outraged when we sold him, thought he was rubbish when we signed him, yet want the current manager sacked because some of is transfers haven't yet come off after a handful of games. I'd at least expect you have the intelligence to admit the contradiction.

You're classic symptom of so much that's wrong with football.

By the way, I retract an earlier defence I gave for you. I really do smell pork here. Not much else could explain your complete fickleness.

UTB
If I was a Wednesday fan, please explain how I have displayed on numerous occasions such an in-depth knowledge of the club and everything associated with it. There's more reason for that tag to lay at your door actually, I rarely see you giving any explanations of opinions, descriptions of player performances, in depth opinions on players you rate, and why. You know, the sort of thing an actual supporter would be likely to have some knowledge of.

An in depth knowledge that led to a call of Adkins out after a handful of games?

That's two of you qualified for the job of DoF then.

Here we are in our 5th season in League One, an absolute shambles, and still we get people being accused of piggery for merely making criticising. It's just bizarre.
Have you read Barny's posts? He wants the chairman out, and wants new manager after 11 games. The 4 promotion winner we have just doesn't cut it in the 3rd division, it seems.

Can you honestly defend that position? It's just a wind up - so the 2 options are;

1 - Spotty teenager needing attention
2 - Pig on the wind up

I'd credit him with putting together well constructed posts, so I'd rule out 1. I suspect he's an intelligent Wednesday fan who's here to "cause trouble".

UTB

Back
Top Bottom