McCabe Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Another layer of management hasnt worked for us before, that fucker from Leicester

Trevor Birch, Julian Winter .................... Adkins needs to carry this on his shoulders

The point made was that McCabe would be writing off his own money so was never a remotely serious idea, not that it was or wasn't a way back to the top.

I do grasp that their are threads to McCabe's view of the world that will never alter. My question was more of a general thought, not one that I imagined might actually happen.

Administration is seen as a simple get out of jail free card...
Yes it is but the football club's major creditor was McCabe so if he put the club into admin he would have being paying himself 10p in the pound or whatever and there would be every chance someone else would have bought the club (administrators decide whose is the best deal) so there is no way McCabe would have bit his nose off to spite his face.

Yes it is but the football club's major creditor was McCabe so if he put the club into admin he would have being paying himself 10p in the pound or whatever and there would be every chance someone else would have bought the club (administrators decide whose is the best deal) so there is no way McCabe would have bit his nose off to spite his face.

Exactly the point I was attempting to make

A truly interesting predicament for the club and for McCabe. On one had the club's and McCabe's future are inextricably linked, yet both sets of interests have very different sets of priorities to consider. Of course KM will want to retrieve his investment, whatever it currently stands at. Yet for the club to move forward, to make that leap to the next division, and then to the one above, will require pockets that both McCabe and the Prince aren't in possession of. That's not to say that the Prince isn't shifting money into the club in large amounts, just that the term 'large' has very different meanings in today's game.

If you look at what I'd refer to as ordinary players who costs anywhere between £8-12 million, that can be used as a criteria for the world that football has now become. Everything in football has become prohibitively expensive, except for those who are multi-billionaires who see their acquisition as a vanity project, and how many clubs possess that type of benefactor?

My take is that we'll move forward slowly. At some point we will secure promotion to the Championship, but our stay may exceed the time we've spent in Division 1. Should any of that become a reality it'll be interesting to see just how committed the Prince becomes to this 'side project'. As for McCabe, I guess old Kev will still be here hoping for some high roller to make him an offer that points in the direction of the exit.

It's not directly Adkins fault we are where we are, but he has to take responsibility for a fair portion. His dreadful transfers this season have cost us just as much as the board's lack of ambition.

Do you want him sacked ?
If so who is better qualified for the job of getting United out of the 3rd Division

If I was a Wednesday fan, please explain how I have displayed on numerous occasions such an in-depth knowledge of the club and everything associated with it. There's more reason for that tag to lay at your door actually, I rarely see you giving any explanations of opinions, descriptions of player performances, in depth opinions on players you rate, and why. You know, the sort of thing an actual supporter would be likely to have some knowledge of.
OK Curtis.

Based on a transfer window when the same thing has happened long before he arrived?
Or something else?

No ....... It would be unfair to judge "superMal" on occurrences before he was in place, I'm just looking at our dealings in the transfer market ( or lack of success ) whilst he's been the chief contract negotiator.

Hardly noteworthy performance .....
UTB & FTP

That's a bit unfair Darth - Adkins may very well look on Sheffield United as a challenge and although you could be right (in the same vein as Bruce) Adkins may see us a medium term venture and one that may increase his CV value.

I think we should all hope he stays a bit. If he was a manager who always felt "I need a new player - where's the money Mr Chairman", the he isn't going to get that at manay places so we have to hope he can develop players like Adams/Reed. He apparently has the pedigree although I don't think he is all some crack him up to be.

This club will be the making or breaking of Adkins - a task I reckon he is now very much aware.

UTB

I take your point ..... he may see us as a challenge ... and we're certainly not going to disappoint him in that are we ?

But if he was given assurances that there would be money available, and if it transpires that this was not true, I would suggest that he will be just as pissed off as we are ...... on the presumption that he does see the many serious deficiencies in the squad that we all see. Given his experience as a manager and the fact that he's already said that "this squad will not get us promoted", I would be very surprised if he doesn't see the same glaring issues that we do.

To be clear though .... I hope that he stays for a long time, I like him despite the errors he's made ( we all make mistakes ) but I wish that he would just be honest with us and say "they've given me f**k all money" if that is the case, rather than us all expectantly hoping for some of the deficiencies to be rectified :rolleyes:
UTB & FTP

Have you read Barny's posts? He wants the chairman out, and wants new manager after 11 games. The 4 promotion winner we have just doesn't cut it in the 3rd division, it seems.
Can you honestly defend that position? It's just a wind up - so the 2 options are;
1 - Spotty teenager needing attention
2 - Pig on the wind up
I'd credit him with putting together well constructed posts, so I'd rule out 1. I suspect he's an intelligent Wednesday fan who's here to "cause trouble".

UTB

If I may be so bold as to comment ........ I see an obvious flaw in this argument here, which I have highlighted above !! Those three words don't actually go together, ever.

Instead of the word intelligent, you could have used a plethora of different descriptive terms before the term "Wedne**ay fan, such as; delusional, moronic, up his own arse, obnoxious, big headed, shit-for-brains, retarded, ignorant, arrogant, gob-shite, low-life, scummy, arse-wipe, deluded, etc

Just sayin ....... :p
UTB & FTP

Macabe will not leave the club until he's in a coffin (sorry for being abrupt but that's what I think)
What I don't like about the 'buisness' nowadays is the fans over expectations on a continual basis.
We have a great fan base which counts for nothing in the league position. We have a manager that has in the past worked wonders in the lower echelons of the English leagues. Guaranteed promotion this time?no,but in retrespect to his other teams he got promoted with good squads with players wanting to win.
That's the core problem. Players attitudes.
That's my 10 penneth.

Barny very blatantly gives a fuck about Sheffield United. It's bordering on paranoia to think a Wednesday fan would go to such lengths on a Blades forum just to wind people up.

Its a laudable idea to have a football savvy chief executive to steer us back to the high life but as has been pointed out where are these supermen
They are as thin on the ground as additional billionaires wanting to throw money into the pot

I think its more important we get even more financial clout on our board than anything as football now is a business first second and third and a sport 4th downwards
Sheffield for a city of our size and supposedly awash with some real money people in our boundaries has a desert like history of people wanting to give up moneu , to either club.
I go on about Stoke and West Brom who have boards of several wealthy people who pool money into their clubs, its whats needed to even begin to compete these days
Without say 100 m now you wont go to the prem and sustain a place and thats a minimum outlay
We got there but needed another 20 to 30 m to have stayed in contention, harsh but realistic

If I may be so bold as to comment ........ I see an obvious flaw in this argument here, which I have highlighted above !! Those three words don't actually go together, ever.

Instead of the word intelligent, you could have used a plethora of different descriptive terms before the term "Wedne**ay fan, such as; delusional, moronic, up his own arse, obnoxious, big headed, shit-for-brains, retarded, ignorant, arrogant, gob-shite, low-life, scummy, arse-wipe, deluded, etc

UTB & FTP
Don't tell me there's another that believes criticism of the club automatically warrants unsubstantiated accusations of support for a rival.

Must be a monumental wind up I've embarked on.

On Curtis?

Actually, he's gone quiet since. There might be some mileage in this. :)

Edit: he's back. I wonder what he thinks to Beatties alloys?

UTB
Do you genuinely believe what you're posting?

Don't worry, it's not laughable at all.

UTB & FTP
Most of that just discribed Nigel clough :confused:

What about when we finished 20 points from promotion? What was the primary objective?
That never happened though did it ,2 games as I recall.18 months was ridiculous ,when you remember where Weir left us. Mind you some want Adkins out already

That never happened though did it ,2 games as I recall.18 months was ridiculous ,when you remember where Weir left us. Mind you some want Adkins out already
Forgot to add the 'automatic', apologies. You know things are deteriorating though, when fans are accepting a 20 point underachievement.

Have you read Barny's posts? He wants the chairman out, and wants new manager after 11 games. The 4 promotion winner we have just doesn't cut it in the 3rd division, it seems.

Can you honestly defend that position? It's just a wind up - so the 2 options are;

1 - Spotty teenager needing attention
2 - Pig on the wind up

I'd credit him with putting together well constructed posts, so I'd rule out 1. I suspect he's an intelligent Wednesday fan who's here to "cause trouble".

UTB

Oh God. Here we go again. How about this option. "I disrespect your position because you are clearly from Bladesmad and therefore by definition a Pinchy defined "Teenage illiterate lager lout" and not worthy of S2". Or even, God Forbid in this enlightened forum where we are urged by Foxy and Linz to respect other views, "I have a view which is diametrically opposed to your own which therefore makes you clearly a sub species and worthy of contempt"

And they reserve contempt for Bladesmadders. Look up, learn and understand Hypocritical.

Oh God. Here we go again. How about this option. "I disrespect your position because you are clearly from Bladesmad

I've no idea who's from BM and who isn't but there's no reason why anyone's opinion should be respected. If a position can't be defended then it's a crap position.

As I understand it, this forum is about respecting people (no ad hominems), but their opinions are there to be shot down in flames.

UTB & FTP
Most of that just discribed Nigel clough :confused:
It's an oxymoron.

Back
Top Bottom