McCabe Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's Billy Sharp being a Blade got to do with anything?

I would like to think, he is putting that little bit extra in.

Fans on here complain about players "just" taking a wage - I would like to think Billy is going that extra mile.

Wouldn't you in those circumstance?

UTB

So. Do you think we should sack Adkins?

In a word "No"
I think we stick with Adkins for the long term. If it works great, if we end up in League 2, what the hell.
Changing manager clearly does not work.

In a word "No"
I think we stick with Adkins for the long term. If it works great, if we end up in League 2, what the hell.
Changing manager clearly does not work.
So why the long posts criticising him?

I thought this was a forum where people could post points of view. I don't remember posting a message asking for him to be sacked. That doesn't mean to say I can't discuss where things may be going wrong.

I thought this was a forum where people could post points of view. I don't remember posting a message asking for him to be sacked. That doesn't mean to say I can't discuss where things may be going wrong.
You did on the Shoutbox on Sat aft though.

The board got rid of Clough a few weeks too late, they let him make the retain list and it is this that has more than likely fucked Adkins up. He's made mistakes no doubt but to say it's his team is not wholly true.

So the crux of your argument is our timing in getting rid of the manager was shit? Not really the first time that has ever happened now is it?

You did on the Shoutbox on Sat aft though.

Come on the shout box on match days is immediate reactions often written on the spur of the moment. I like many others was raging with what happened Saturday. It was an utter disgrace. I apologise for my over reaction.

You not realised yet that Edinblade is part of the reaction faction? Fully signed up with Barny. Guaranteed implosion at every defeat followed by "I never said that" or in the case of our resident Flouncer a full on "I'm off" (usually a return within days follows when he realises he isn't missed).

This is exactly the point I'm making, Adkins recruitment has been an abject failure.
I'd disagree, simply on the basis that it takes time for players to settle.

How many times have we heard players being written off after a mere handful of games?

I can think of Flynn, Harris, Murphy to name just three. All proved themselves to be better than the initial assessments.

The big question mark for me would be Woolford, he's shown nothing so far and wingers tend to be confidence players

Hammond would be the one that I expect to step up to the plate and start leading the side.

I'd disagree, simply on the basis that it takes time for players to settle.

How many times have we heard players being written off after a mere handful of games?

I can think of Flynn, Harris, Murphy to name just three. All proved themselves to be better than the initial assessments.

The big question mark for me would be Woolford, he's shown nothing so far and wingers tend to be confidence players

Hammond would be the one that I expect to step up to the plate and start leading the side.
Murphy and Harris are good examples there; I would say Flynn has maintained the same average performances from Day 1 - he's only still here because we've sold everyone else.

But I digress... :) Agree totally on Hammond; the guy's played 12 (?) games in 2 years? He needs to be able to get up to pace in this league - then we can slag him mercilessly. In us fans' desperation to exit this division we are less forgiving of players' acclimatisation times - but they DO need that time to settle in. That's not changed just because SUFC have been here for 5 years, not 5 minutes.

Murphy and Harris are good examples there; I would say Flynn has maintained the same average performances from Day 1 - he's only still here because we've sold everyone else.

But I digress... :) Agree totally on Hammond; the guy's played 12 (?) games in 2 years? He needs to be able to get up to pace in this league - then we can slag him mercilessly. In us fans' desperation to exit this division we are less forgiving of players' acclimatisation times - but they DO need that time to settle in. That's not changed just because SUFC have been here for 5 years, not 5 minutes.
Ha ha yeah I knew Flynn would be divisive :)

Your point of view appears to be that Adkins is shit. At no time have you made any indication that you may want to keep him or that you appreciate the problems he faces.

Which is why I'm asking the question. You can see from the other responses I'm not the only one to interpret your posts as slashing.
If what you posted, in length, was just because you were angry and now you've calmed down you're more supportive of Adkins, fair enough, we all say things we don't mean when we're annoyed.

You not realised yet that Edinblade is part of the reaction faction? Fully signed up with Barny. Guaranteed implosion at every defeat followed by "I never said that" or in the case of our resident Flouncer a full on "I'm off" (usually a return within days follows when he realises he isn't missed).
I used to post on BM Bladesway. Different user name, same avatar.

And keeping crap managers does?
I suspect if we sack Adkins whoever comes in will have the same players ... no readies you see

Sooooo, we may as well keep Adkins and run his contract down, costs less if nowt else

Personally, today, I dont have a problem with Adkins, yep some early mistakes

But at least he aint signed Nade ;)

I suspect if we sack Adkins whoever comes in will have the same players ... no readies you see

Sooooo, we may as well keep Adkins and run his contract down, costs less if nowt else

Personally, today, I dont have a problem with Adkins, yep some early mistakes

But at least he aint signed Nade ;)
Adkins has the pedigree it will work.
But there again he might walk

This is exactly the point I'm making, Adkins recruitment has been an abject failure.
And this is the point of truth so many are blatantly ignoring - purely on the basis of the managers last name. It's very reminiscent of the previous manager actually. The manager has been a failure so far, it's as simple as that.

And this is the point of truth so many are blatantly ignoring - purely on the basis of the managers last name. It's very reminiscent of the previous manager actually. The manager has been a failure so far, it's as simple as that.

On what basis? He's not been an immediate success but that does not make him a failure. Although, that's on my criteria of him having to take on a team of players that had failed last season and make some wholesale changes within constraints I am unaware of. Your opinion of failure may well be right, but what are the parameters you set for success/failure?

No, we are not ignoring it, we are not ignoring it aint working, cos it aint working

I just dont see the point of rolling the dice on another manager, we dont have the money, and he hasn't had the time

So lets take a deep breath, in and out, and sit on our hands until the end of the season

A failure no way this team needs major surgery and it's underway.

Adkins has the pedigree it will work.
But there again he might walk
He'd be extremely unlikely to walk unless it was for another job. If he walks he gets no pay off (so I believe) so he's always more likely to hang in until the sacking comes (inevitable within two years at United)

He'd be extremely unlikely to walk unless it was for another job. If he walks he gets no pay off (so I believe) so he's always more likely to hang in until the sacking comes (inevitable within two years at United)
I don't think we'll part ways with Adkins before his contract runs out, no matter how deserving of it he is.

I don't think we'll part ways with Adkins before his contract runs out, no matter how deserving of it he is.

Despite Jim Phipps saying they're not looking to sack him, I think there are too many people on our board that are trigger happy

I hope you're right the last time we gave a manager time he lead us back to the premier league

It would be interesting to have one or two more points of view. I personally fail to understand how signing five players, all of whom played at a higher level last season can totally fail to transform a league 1 team.

By not being very good?

A failure no way this team needs major surgery and it's underway.
The team was already good enough for a play-off spot last season, but lacked goals and was poor defensively. So far Adkins has failed to address the defence, signed a few old mates, dithered on bringing in players on loan and chopped and changed the team at random. That's not major surgery in progress, that's just doing exactly the same thing that got Clough sacked.

The team was already good enough for a play-off spot last season, but lacked goals and was poor defensively. So far Adkins has failed to address the defence, signed a few old mates, dithered on bringing in players on loan and chopped and changed the team at random. That's not major surgery in progress, that's just doing exactly the same thing that got Clough sacked.
Ok 20 points off auto promotion and mind numbing football was good enough then.

Back
Top Bottom