McCabe Out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

On Curtis?

Actually, he's gone quiet since. There might be some mileage in this. :)

Edit: he's back. I wonder what he thinks to Beatties alloys?

UTB

You'll not win an argument with someone who lives for posting on a message board.

Oh God. Here we go again. How about this option. "I disrespect your position because you are clearly from Bladesmad and therefore by definition a Pinchy defined "Teenage illiterate lager lout" and not worthy of S2". Or even, God Forbid in this enlightened forum where we are urged by Foxy and Linz to respect other views, "I have a view which is diametrically opposed to your own which therefore makes you clearly a sub species and worthy of contempt"

And they reserve contempt for Bladesmadders. Look up, learn and understand Hypocritical.
I observe, and generally respect everyone's views, but I can spot an idiot from miles away. When I do, I say so.

Plenty of the Blades Mad crowd are fine. There are inevitably also some prized cunts amongst them.

If you want a manager like Nigel Adkins sacked after 11 games, you are absolutely worthy of contempt.

UTB

Last edited:
I observe, and generally respect everyone's views, but I can spot an idiot from miles away. When I do, I say so.

Plenty of the Blades Mad crowd are fine. There are inevitably also some prized cunts amongst them.

If you want a manger like Nigel Adkins sacked after 11 games, you are absolutely worthy of contempt.

UTB
Did I say I wanted him sacked though?

More or less, yes.

UTB
If you look back, you'll find that I didn't. Adkins has the potential and the history of a successful manager.

It's that, that makes some of his most basic of errors since arriving here all the more bewildering.

How instantly do you "DEMAND" success. Southampton in 2010-11 didn't get into the playoff positions until November.

The legacy is rather impressive though, imo.

Do you agree?

Attention seeker? Sure, but we all need a little attention from time to time, don't we? Wednesday fan? No, I don't think so, as this would be a wind-up well beyond known levels of advanced piggery. Know nowt? No, but he doesn't know enough to be spouting, as he seems to be, incessantly.

What he is then, is an arse. Both in his opinions and the artless manner in which he wields them. As someone mentioned above (and elsewhere), there's really nothing to be gained from engaging with an arse, unless of course you're also an arse yourself. I'm not and therefore, while I respect his right to express his opinions (it is a forum after all), I exercise my own right and choose not to engage with them on any level.

Honestly can't wait for the day Kevin McCabe is no longer the owner of this club.

So if he had have sought your advice, The Blades would now be 10 points clear at the top?

Are you Dynamo? Can you walk on water?

We might have signed some C/H's in July and would not be heading for 70 goals against if he'd spent 10 minutes in the South stand car park speaking to some random Blades?

I think I can see what the contributor Barmyblade is getting at.
Basically he's not sure if Mr McCabe is the right man for the job.

That's how I read it anyway. I could be well wide of the mark though!:eek:

Think your reading too much into it.

Oh right I see. It's a post containing a bit of realism about the club, no wonder you're struggling to comprehend it.

As much as I disagree with a lot of what Barnyblade puts, the fact that Woodward thinks it's flawed must mean it's on the right lines.

Last edited:
Is McCabe really the problem?
He's made some massive cock ups over the years but they're not the reason we lost yesterday.
Robson, the Kyles, Murphy to name but a few.
However there's not another club in League 1 with a player of the quality of Murphy so that's not why they're all beating us.
The board have supported Adkins in his recruitment of players. Yet how many of those recruited performed or even played yesterday.
The board do not train or pick the team.
Should McCabe be telling Adkins he needs a better keeper, he needs better centre halves, he needs an engine in midfield, he needs better wingers, he needs strikers to score.
Who motivates the team to sweat blood on a Saturday.
Who selected one of our worst players to be captain, certainly not McCabe
I totally disagree with running the team by committee. This players committee thing is a joke. Player power does not work. A strong manager showing clear leadership is what works.
Everyone knew we needed new centre halves. Yet who has started the season.
Who gives some of the worst after match interviews ever. They're so repetitive and boring it's no wonder the players show no enthusiasm.
I'm sorry to say this but so far Adkins has failed in every single aspect of management.
I had massive faith in his appointment and cannot argue with McCabe for getting him. In fact at the time a thought it was a fantastic appointment for which McCabe takes some credit.
However I am now seriously questioning the appointment, just as his last employers did after a few months of abject failure.

He's made some massive cock ups over the years but they're not the reason we lost yesterday.
However there's not another club in League 1 with a player of the quality of Murphy so that's not why they're all beating us.
The board have supported Adkins in his recruitment of players. Yet how many of those recruited performed or even played yesterday.
Should McCabe be telling Adkins he needs a better keeper, he needs better centre halves, he needs an engine in midfield, he needs better wingers, he needs strikers to score.
I totally disagree with running the team by committee. This players committee thing is a joke. Player power does not work. A strong manager showing clear leadership is what works.
Who gives some of the worst after match interviews ever. They're so repetitive and boring it's no wonder the players show no enthusiasm.
I'm sorry to say this but so far Adkins has failed in every single aspect of management.
I had massive faith in his appointment and cannot argue with McCabe for getting him. In fact at the time a thought it was a fantastic appointment for which McCabe takes some credit.
However I am now seriously questioning the appointment, just as his last employers did after a few months of abject failure.

It's a nonsense to say he's been properly backed.
We have a squad of 26.
He's paying for Clough's mistakes.

Twice I've read about a 'players committee', where did this come from, is it a fact?

Twice I've read about a 'players committee', where did this come from, is it a fact?

Adkins himself has spoken about it more than once. He's said it comprises of a mixture, new and old, experienced and inexperienced players.

It's a nonsense to say he's been properly backed.
We have a squad of 26.
He's paying for Clough's mistakes.

If you list the players he's brought in compared with other league 1 clubs it difficult to say he's not been backed. He's brought in enough players to make the team his own. Problem is none are performing so he's has to revert back to Cloughs team.

If you list the players he's brought in compared with other league 1 clubs it difficult to say he's not been backed. He's brought in enough players to make the team his own. Problem is none are performing so he's has to revert back to Cloughs team.

He's not been able to bring in enough players to make up half of a starting 11.
Sharp is one of the league's top scorers.

He's brought in five outfield players. That's enough to stamp his personality on the team.

As I stated above, it's less than 50% of a starting 11.
Not enough to 'make the team his own' as you stated.[/QUOTE

The problem is not the number of players, it's the fact that not one of them has improved the team. Sharp started well, but has gone off the boil. The others have made no impression whatsoever. The last thing we needed was more squad players.

He's a striker that requires service in a team not really creating enough chances.

Utter madness to claim a man who has brought in FIVE players out of a squad of TWENTY SIX has had enough to make the team his own.

If the board had backed him with enough funds Edinblade then he wouldn't be bringing any squad players in at all. Perhaps he knew the budget and thought he could only get the players he has brought in upto now, who knows.

The board got rid of Clough a few weeks too late, they let him make the retain list and it is this that has more than likely fucked Adkins up. He's made mistakes no doubt but to say it's his team is not wholly true.

He's a striker that requires service in a team not really creating enough chances.

Utter madness to claim a man who has brought in FIVE players out of a squad of TWENTY SIX has had enough to make the team his own.

It would be interesting to have one or two more points of view. I personally fail to understand how signing five players, all of whom played at a higher level last season can totally fail to transform a league 1 team.

It would be interesting to have one or two more points of view. I personally fail to understand how signing five players, all of whom played at a higher level last season can totally fail to transform a league 1 team.
The problem is how many of those players actually played games? They were more than likely the only players we are going to get from that level which is perhaps understandable. We should be after more up and coming players like others have said, people who would run through brick walls for this great club.

The problem is how many of those players actually played games? They were more than likely the only players we are going to get from that level which is perhaps understandable. We should be after more up and coming players like others have said, people who would run through brick walls for this great club.

This is exactly the point I'm making, Adkins recruitment has been an abject failure.

This is exactly the point I'm making, Adkins recruitment has been an abject failure.
Yes but people are blaming Adkins for it without knowing the whole truth behind his budget, Mal Brannigan is still here when it's quite clear we failed miserably in trying to get the players needed last year. Like i said earlier, the board getting rid of Clough a couple of weeks too late has set us back once again. The board shouldn't get out of this scot free.

It's all about opinions and will give you mine.

He has not addressed the fundamental problem of CH and CM properly.

Edgar - potentially ok -played a few decent games - went to Canada, played 2 games and returned in shit form - now injured. It all depends what his "true" form is? Ask the question, why didn't brum need to keep him - and bear in mind, the brum manager Gary Rowett is highly regarded.

Hammond - he has played 12 games for Leicester last season, 1 this season and is it 3 for us - he looks the wrong type of player (again) for this type of league. Appears to be having little influence on the team - so, is he not good enough or simply not fit enough.

Billy - doing ok - but he should do, he is a Blade and IS trying as hard as he can.

Woolford - sorry, an old has been, now picking up a wage for 2 years. Did it for Adkins 5 years ago. Sounds a bit like Clough and Ben Davies.

Sammon - didn't do too bad with Billy up top - suddenly dropped or change of formation when Done got fit and now is an apparent left sided player.

There you have some answers.

Adkins is still searching/experimenting for what will work with his players and Cloughs 4-5-1 style players - meanwhile we are not finding a solution, being stuffed in midfield and slowly dropping out of contention.

Sad state of affairs.

UTB

Back
Top Bottom