McBurnie at Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Without some of the vendettas/dislike a few seem to have with McB, he had an okay first season with us and ended up joint top scorer in a team finishing 9th. Maybe not consistent, but some outstanding performances

Had a terrible season this year, as did barring one or two, the rest of the squad. But has had very good spells earlier in his career at a young age.

Not really convinced Wilder knew exactly how to play him, and just saw him as someone to twat the ball upfield to.

We are now playing in a new division, under a new manager, in a new formation. Likely to play possession based football and on the deck.

Perhaps give him a chance to prove himself under the new circumstances before writing him off? Personally, think he has the potential to score plenty in the Championship and wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20+ next year

Could be wrong, but hey, dare to dream right?

Edit - Same applies to Brewster
There’s that 20 goals for McBurnie again which people keep telling me nobody on this board has ever said.

Scored 22 goals last time he was in the league we now find ourselves in.

And I don't think he's currently worth what we paid, so for me, new manager, new style of play hopefully means some service, so let's see how he goes.

Good to see him supporting his mates.

Stupid kid who is immature and no good at football, I would be outraged too !

Harsh. Clearly has ability, poorly managed, weighed down by expectation and the ludicrous price tag.

Let the lad hit the championship with a smile on his face. Even Ramsdale admitted his attitude was one of the things holding him back, and smiling and enjoying himself was part of his uptick in form.

All part of the game.

No, that is the most recent thing we have to go on.

The McBurnie of the 2018-19 highlights reel is a different person from the one we saw last season.

The Chris Wilder of 2018-19 is a different person to the one we saw last season but plenty were in the belief that he'd be reyt in the Championship, why not McBurnie?

The Chris Wilder of 2018-19 is a different person to the one we saw last season but plenty were in the belief that he'd be reyt in the Championship, why not McBurnie?
I am not one of those people so that analogy is meaningless to me.

He’s just not good enough and neither is boy blunder Brewster, I personally was discussed at Brewster in the walk around lap , smiling and giving it stupid gangster hand gestures or what ever they are , after the way he’s performed I would have just kept my head low and got off the pitch , fucking rubbish .

Would hope we could leave all the negativity of last season behind and get behind who ever the manager wants to play ,if he decides mcburnie and Brewster aren't good enough and gets rid then fair enough. ( its his head on the block )

Should be fascinating to.see how he approaches things if he does want to.change to a 4-3-3 then I can't really see any of the strikers we've got fitting in to that
,perhaps Burke and mousset in the wide roles but not sure who would go down the middle
Mousset needs to lose 3 fucking stone first.

No, that is the most recent thing we have to go on.

The McBurnie of the 2018-19 highlights reel is a different person from the one we saw last season.
Sure, so division played in and team played for have no impact on his performances then?

Recency isn't the only thing that counts. It's not like he's over the hill or it's in the distance past. By this logic we are going down next season because the entire team near enough were wank last year and "that is the most recent thing we have to go on"

I mean, christ, he might be shit next year but to write him off before he's kicked a ball in a new league under a new manager just seems an unusual take.

He's NOT our manager, yet. Actually not sure when his contract ends after seeing his tweet. Or who and when we will do our retained list.

Officially 1st July, but I guarantee he's upto his eyeballs in sufc targets, player profiles and tactics while Al Giraffe 🦒 pay him for another month.

So what are people saying let him or expect him to score 20-25 goals next season then bin him off in a sale if we go up as we know he isnt a PL player or are people expect him to do well in the PL next time round ? (just a question not a statement)

This takes me back to the mcgoalmiss thread after he had missed a few chances and got absolutely slaughtered with personal abuse from a large section of our supporters

Ramsdale has had it and a few others
It is possible to criticize a players performance levels without resorting to personal abuse

If you have the intelligence

If mcburnie jumped into a bucket of tits he'd come out sucking his thumb, that's is all you need to know.... end of argument

Back
Top Bottom