McBurnie at Wembley

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seeing him spectating Swansea at Wembley, not even slightly irratating.

Watching his shite performances week in week out last season extremely galling.

Poor control, lack of speed, lack of strength, no fierce shot, terrible direction of headers towards goal - that's all annoying.

But watching Swansea who cares? Let him get on with it.

I'd say his value around 3 million now- pointless selling- lets get behind him, who knows he might be OK in Championship.

Without some of the vendettas/dislike a few seem to have with McB, he had an okay first season with us and ended up joint top scorer in a team finishing 9th. Maybe not consistent, but some outstanding performances

Had a terrible season this year, as did barring one or two, the rest of the squad. But has had very good spells earlier in his career at a young age.

Not really convinced Wilder knew exactly how to play him, and just saw him as someone to twat the ball upfield to.

We are now playing in a new division, under a new manager, in a new formation. Likely to play possession based football and on the deck.

Perhaps give him a chance to prove himself under the new circumstances before writing him off? Personally, think he has the potential to score plenty in the Championship and wouldn't be surprised if he gets 20+ next year

Could be wrong, but hey, dare to dream right?

Edit - Same applies to Brewster

Last edited:
You did say before matches - in the plural

Yes I am for real and yes I think he has done his best despite the obvious frustrations of getting no service in a dysfunctional unit.

With the proper service (next season, hopefully, under new management), he may well repeat the fabulous form he showed for Barnsley

and Swansea

As for being unfit, he has had a couple of bad injuries - shoulder and foot, has he not?

Anyway, early start for me so, goodnight

Shoulder was self-inflicted when the Cupid stunt tried to feign a foul and hit the ground in a laughable tumble

That McBurnie has spent a lot of time playing for terrible teams that have far less possession and create far fewer chances than their opponents?

I'm not arguing that he's set the world alight, but accusing him of laziness and being shit is wide of the mark.

Scotland have scored 7 in their 3 World Cup qualifiers so far, mcburnie has played 16 games for them scored 0

The only strikers that don't score for them are mcburnie and callum Patterson

Che Adams, a player who cost less than mcburnie and has just started playing for Scotland will get goals, as he does for Southampton and as he would in the current blades team

He’s just not good enough and neither is boy blunder Brewster, I personally was discussed at Brewster in the walk around lap , smiling and giving it stupid gangster hand gestures or what ever they are , after the way he’s performed I would have just kept my head low and got off the pitch , fucking rubbish .
Absolute nonsense.

How dare he smile whilst walking round the pitch

It’s outrageous, I’m outraged.

Would hope we could leave all the negativity of last season behind and get behind who ever the manager wants to play ,if he decides mcburnie and Brewster aren't good enough and gets rid then fair enough. ( its his head on the block )

Should be fascinating to.see how he approaches things if he does want to.change to a 4-3-3 then I can't really see any of the strikers we've got fitting in to that
,perhaps Burke and mousset in the wide roles but not sure who would go down the middle

If I was a season ticket holder at The Liberty, I’d be well pissed off that he’d got a seat
Similarly, our last game of the season at Stoke the other year was a joke. I don't know how many loyalty points Paul Heaton has but one wonders how he managed to bag a ticket. Harry Maguire at Hillsbrough as well.

Jobs for the boys that lot.

Similarly, our last game of the season at Stoke the other year was a joke. I don't know how many loyalty points Paul Heaton has but one wonders how he managed to bag a ticket. Harry Maguire at Hillsbrough as well.

Jobs for the boys that lot.

To play devil's advocate, Heaton is a life long, time served Blade & Harry played over 100 times for us and is a Blade.

McB had a single season on loan at Swansea & supports Rangers, but for some perverse reason likes cosplaying in as many Stone Island items of clothing that he can wear at one time and watching Swansea in big games.

To play devil's advocate, Heaton is a life long, time served Blade & Harry played over 100 times for us and is a Blade.

McB had a single season on loan at Swansea & supports Rangers, but for some perverse reason likes cosplaying in as many Stone Island items of clothing that he can wear at one time and watching Swansea in big games.
Not quite true nic he came through their ranks as a youngster after being released by Leeds. Was then loaned out a few times before returning to his parent club for a standout season after which point we bought him for a significant sum. It stands to reason he has a strong affiliation to the club he was at since he was a boy and who gave him the chance to make a career in the game. It’s the same as rammers having an affiliation to us imo even though he’s a stoke boy.

Not quite true nic he came through their ranks as a youngster after being released by Leeds. Was then loaned out a few times before returning to his parent club for a standout season after which point we bought him for a significant sum. It stands to reason he has a strong affiliation to the club he was at since he was a boy and who gave him the chance to make a career in the game. It’s the same as rammers having an affiliation to us imo even though he’s a stoke boy.

Apologies, you're quite correct. I'm talking nonsense. I was getting his club's mixed up. He was on loan at Barnsley, not Swansea. I'll happily cede that point.

Apologies, you're quite correct. I'm talking nonsense. I was getting his club's mixed up. He was on loan at Barnsley, not Swansea. I'll happily cede that point.
No worries it’s easily done with the amount players switch clubs.

Also, I don’t know. You sometimes make friends with your work colleagues? It’s not an alien concept. Sometimes when you make friends, you support them when they need it? I don’t know, all sounds a bit psychedelic to me this. Going to listen to TalkRadio and message some weatherwoman on twitter.

Season's over folks, yeah McB didn't have a great season, barely any did. I don't think lack of effort or commitment can be levelled at him personally. For people to be getting upset because he's watching a game of football, whilst on his holidays? Just chill out a bit, you might enjoy life a bit more if things like this can pass you by without causing frothing at the mouth.

Also, I don’t know. You sometimes make friends with your work colleagues? It’s not an alien concept. Sometimes when you make friends, you support them when they need it? I don’t know, all sounds a bit psychedelic to me this. Going to listen to TalkRadio and message some weatherwoman on twitter.

You message weather girls on twitter as well? Snap! :)

I will for the one millionth time ask... How many strikers does it take to not do well to maybe think there is an overarching cause/problem behind the style and system of football we have played? For a good while now I have been waiting to pass judgment towards our forwards because they have zero pace and ability around them and naff all playmakers.

If I was a season ticket holder at The Liberty, I’d be well pissed off that he’d got a seat
fuck me some people will have a go at him for anything its fucking pathetic, new mangers at the champions league final shall we have a pop at him for taking a ticket?

i couldnt get a ticket for the derby at the sty should i hold a grudge because some ex players got one

May be we can sell him to West Ham according to reports they are interested .Cash in now before his worth plummets even further and it will go some way to repaying West Ham back for being bent just like those at Sheff 6.Now that would be feel good.

Back
Top Bottom