Is he coming back?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If Hecky was to go over the weekend and wilder, or anyone else for that matter comes in they are taking over a team with over half the team injured ,a lot of them medium/long term so how does changing the manager now help us?
If Pep came in short term with the players currently available he'd struggle.
The only person with any pedigree with the situation we are in is probably Fallowfield ☹️

Doubt it changes much regards results but they should be a big improvement regards performance.
Don't think with any other manager there's even the remotest chance of us losing any match 5-0 never mind 8-0.

A manager can't control a one-off results but they can control and effect starting tactics, style of play, in game tactics, substitutions, organisation, effort and confidence. Even when a team is in the non league playing a PL side in the cup, they start matches trying to win and have hope.

Hecky has plenty of valid excuses so it's correct to have sympathy and he deserves love and respect for getting us promoted last season.
Think everyone expected relegation but no one envisaged we could become the worse side to ever play in the PL in it's 30 year history.
Below average PL teams are playing us, like Palace, Fulham, West Ham etc and they don't even have to get out of 2nd gear.
We're struggling to even give them a game, we have little composure on the ball and struggle to put 3 passes together.
(However the 1st half against Man Utd we showed signed of being competitive playing decent football, play like that more often and I'm satisfied).

My view is that Hecky knows we're down but he's transferred that attitude onto the players, so even in October we've put up the white flag
and already accepted defeat before a match starts. If someone like Warnock or Wilder was here, no way would they accept that attitude.
Even with a reserve team, they'd be fired up to be competitive and have a game plan to at least, try to win.
I just want some hope, without hope just accepting pre match that we've lost, then what's the point?

I'd take Wilder back on a short term contract until the end of the season to at least see us go down with a fight. I don't think any manager will improve the results enough to see us stay up, but a change in manager should see a change in performances and see us get some results.

As to who takes us back up again next summer, the search starts now and Wilder would have from the day he returns to the end of the season to show the board that his name should be in the hat. Giving him a long term contract like the board did with Hecky would be repeat madness.
I was dead against it but something needs to change and quickly it’s a total embarrassment, so get him in on a short term

Doubt it changes much regards results but they should be a big improvement regards performance.
Don't think with any other manager there's even the remotest chance of us losing any match 5-0 never mind 8-0.

A manager can't control a one-off results but they can control and effect starting tactics, style of play, in game tactics, substitutions, organisation, effort and confidence. Even when a team is in the non league playing a PL side in the cup, they start matches trying to win and have hope.

Hecky has plenty of valid excuses so it's correct to have sympathy and he deserves love and respect for getting us promoted last season.
Think everyone expected relegation but no one envisaged we could become the worse side to ever play in the PL in it's 30 year history.
Below average PL teams are playing us, like Palace, Fulham, West Ham etc and they don't even have to get out of 2nd gear.
We're struggling to even give them a game, we have little composure on the ball and struggle to put 3 passes together.
(However the 1st half against Man Utd we showed signed of being competitive playing decent football, play like that more often and I'm satisfied).

My view is that Hecky knows we're down but he's transferred that attitude onto the players, so even in October we've put up the white flag
and already accepted defeat before a match starts. If someone like Warnock or Wilder was here, no way would they accept that attitude.
Even with a reserve team, they'd be fired up to be competitive and have a game plan to at least, try to win.
I just want some hope, without hope just accepting pre match that we've lost, then what's the point?
You don't think City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, etc. could put 5 on a Wilder team?

and already accepted defeat before a match starts.
😂 I'd love to see you say that to Hecky's face.

Anyway, it's just offensive and ridiculous to suggest.

Think injuries had just as big an impact on Wilders charge. Think if it wasn't for that we would have been fine despite COVID.
Not sure what anyone could do with the team with the amount of injuries we've got at the mo.

So it wasn’t the pitches at Shirecliffe to blame, it was Heckys fault all along?

Gerrim’ aht…….

Half this forum have been touting Hassenhuttl who precided over a 9-0 loss - twice!

I'm pretty open for Wilder coming back to be honest. I think he's got unfinished business here and I've not been impressed with our general play this season to think things will pick up enough.

That said if this news is true.... why even wait for tomorrows match result. It's one of those one in a 100 games we would win and one in 25 we would draw. We are totally stacked against a result if Arsenal want it enough so why make final judgement on a game we are really likely to lose?
If this all pans out this way it's another question mark over our owner and how he operates.

If anyone comes in they have their work cut out for sure, Wilder will at least know what he's getting himself into, and he is the sort who might get the players a lift.

It's a really strange scenario because Hecky has been given a really crap hand with transfer dealings and planning. You then add in injuries (Why is it happening every season though?) It would be harsh, but we have to be honest. How many managers would keep their job if you lose 8 out of 9 matches or 9 out of 10? Nearly no-one.

The Prince got very pally with talk sport when the wilder situation arose doing interviews etc. so he clearly has connections there.

If if he has made his decision then it would be smart to slowlh implement the idea to the fans so it’s not as big a shock as we all know it’s going to cause some Divison

But it won’t be a shock will it. It’s so obviously going to happen that regards of which side of the fence you fall we all know it’s who will be next, so much so that there is zero conversation about alternatives

Completely agree with your post - we are very much living in the 70s when it comes to football culture
Pretty embarrassing at times
I’d love it if we played like the team we had in the early 70s 🥳😂

Back
Top Bottom