Warnock popularity Growing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

There's often context in opinions but very few explain the context before posting. Regards long term planning agree.....Warnock is definitely not the answer and Wilder is probably not the answer either (hence why I'd offer him just a trial 1 season contract like we did with Blackwell).

However regards the immediate short term task of trying to avoid the Derby low points record.
...then using some logic and facts....then of course Warnock or Wilder are viable short term instant sticky plaster solutions.
Very few managers in the game would ever accept a short term contract however in recent years Warnock is like the A team.
He goes to crap teams with crap players and somehow picks up wins and draws, successfully does the job, then clears off.

It's looking like we need a miracle to stay up...Wilder have performed one of the biggest miracles in recent football history...in my view bigger than what Ranieri did when winning the PL with Leicester. For anyone to take a side bottom of league 1 to at one stage 5th in the Premier League battling for a Champions league spot in 4 years....seems impossible. Cheltenham and Reading are currently bottom of league 1, if someone said a manager would go there and have either of those teams challenging for a Champions league spot, you would get odds of millions to 1.

I do agree though that Blades seem stuck in this colloquialism mentality, even now many want Billy Sharp to be future manager, to a degree I like that idea too but it does make you wonder when we're going to join the real world and look further a field, maybe even foreign managers.
The short term option i think is just going to make next season harder as we might need half a season or longer to transition so even if we stay up with warnock 🤢 we would need to change him anyway and will be straight back down. Better IMO to action it now and start next season in the strongest possible position, players knowing their new roles and system.

I think engraining some kind of anti-football hoof into the players and expecting them to transition into a progressive team the next season is not realistic. That’s years of damage to the culture of the team. The platform hecky and wilder have built is not awful and can be salvaged with right manager and coaching staff.

We’re allowed to have managers and players who have never been employed by the club before.
That's sadly what a lot of our fans cannot grasp. Get Wilder back, get Warnock back!! It's the same mentality ever time were supposed to be a professional outfit but act like amateurs. Some clubs try to strive for the best we always look for something else.

That's sadly what a lot of our fans cannot grasp. Get Wilder back, get Warnock back!! It's the same mentality ever time were supposed to be a professional outfit but act like amateurs. Some clubs try to strive for the best we always look for something else.
We are Blades we do as we please

Performance wise we have been very poor. The squad isn't good enough for this league so no matter who comes in we are going down. Wilders return is not for me. I admire what he has done for us but I think it is too soon with quite a lot of his players still here. If he was to come back it may be better in 5 years time.
Warnock is being touted by fans as a stop gap and there are plenty of reasons why he should be considered. 1. He won't be a permanent manager. 2. He will play a system that while not being fancy will show evidence that we actually have a fucking system of play. 3. He will demand effort and being a team. 4. He will take all the media spotlight off of the players which gives them a chance to find some bit of form. 5. He won't suffer cliques in the dressing room.

Other options to consider for the long term are Robins, and Potter.
Robins for me please

Warnock wouldn’t keep us up, but nobody would. The issue I have with Warnock, big Sam type is it’s so short term & when we inevitably get relegated you’re on the search again in the summer for a new manager.

I’d rather us hire someone now that we trust to take us back up in the Championship. That’s why I’m not completely against Wilder, albeit he’s not my first choice.

The reason I want Hecky to go is his injury record. It’s ridiculous & he has previous. Hibs, Leeds & Barnsley he had the same issues.

Exactly, it's all on him that and it's gone on too long. His dismissive response to the question about the injury investigation uncovering something said it all.

As for Warnock he is never the answer at Premier League level.

Always backed Hecky but can you imagine him or the jokey McCall screaming at players, being intimidated? Not a chance for me.

Even someone like Arteta tears the paint off the wall for 3 points. You only have to watch the recent documentary about them to see what he does for morale.

Always backed Hecky but can you imagine him or the jokey McCall screaming at players, being intimidated? Not a chance for me.

Even someone like Arteta tears the paint off the wall for 3 points. You only have to watch the recent documentary about them to see what he does for morale.
I'll ask again ,what do McCall &Lester do, midfields poor & strikers can't hit a barn door atm

Warnock wouldn’t keep us up, but nobody would. The issue I have with Warnock, big Sam type is it’s so short term & when we inevitably get relegated you’re on the search again in the summer for a new manager.

I’d rather us hire someone now that we trust to take us back up in the Championship. That’s why I’m not completely against Wilder, albeit he’s not my first choice.

The reason I want Hecky to go is his injury record. It’s ridiculous & he has previous. Hibs, Leeds & Barnsley he had the same issues.
You are correct Warnock and Big Sam are short term. But the problem as I see it needs someone of that type for the rest of the season. The reasoning behind it being get the players someway organised and fighting so that when a new manager arrives next season he starts with a clean slate for his ideas and has players that understand what playing for this club means.

Bringing in the long term manager now could run the risk of his ideas not working as we are out of our depth in the PL and losing every week could make the players think, he is not any good and lose faith in what he is trying to do.

I must have missed the part where bringing someone in until the end of the season prevents you from searching for the subsequent manager until May?

I must have missed the part where bringing someone in until the end of the season prevents you from searching for the subsequent manager until May?
What’s the point? Why would players be happy with that? Why would they sign contracts with an uncertain future, how do you recruit new signings when they might not be wanted by the next guy.

We’re limited on money, sacking Hecky costs. Bringing in a 6 month journeyman costs.

What’s the point? Why would players be happy with that? Why would they sign contracts with an uncertain future, how do you recruit new signings when they might not be wanted by the next guy.

The players sign for SUFC - not Hecky, not Wilder, not Warnock, not Big Sam, not the tea lady

I’d bring in Billy as the manager, I’m sure he’d choose someone very familiar as his assistant. We will still go down, but at least we might make the opposition work for their nailed on 3 points.
If he’s ever going to be a manager he needs to prove himself in the lower leagues first.

But I’ll never understand why people think that a good (but never PL quality) player will necessarily make it as a manager. It doesn’t automatically follow.

As much as that seems like a good idea, and it kind of is, I don’t want Billy as manager if his first go is taking us down with dignity. I‘d love to see Billy manage us to a trophy but that’s as likely as getting a refund from The Crab .
Point taken, I just wished he’d have gone out sooner to cut his managerial teeth further down
If he’s ever going to be a manager he needs to prove himself in the lower leagues first.

But I’ll never understand why people think that a good (but never PL quality) player will necessarily make it as a manager. It doesn’t automatically follow.

Why do we need to bring anyone in to the end of the season just find someone who is aware that we will pretty likely be going down what’s the point with all this retrospect and short termism ffs.

If we bring someone in to take us down then the new guy comes in after the preseason break and has to take a look at what’s left of the squad and then takes a few weeks to make decisions etc etc just go for someone who can go straight away and when we go down they carry on through.

I think the temporary till the end of the season is based on the fact that whoever it is you are more than likely gonna spend the rest of this season getting beat most games. This isn't great for the push next season as losing (and winning) becomes habitual. A new broom in the championship makes sense as a new beginning.

If we have to get rid of Hecky, then a temporary fall guy till the end of the season isn't the worst idea.

Warnock fits for the temporary side of the equation but we don't have a load of big strong players to go Warnock kick it to the big lad tactics I think for that reason it is a non starter.

Wilder is just gonna do exactly the same as Hecky, same formation, same players. Wilder didn't have a plan B and his game management was take bash off and bring on another striker. I honestly don't see the point in replacing like for like.

I think just stick with Hecky, other than the obvious spankings we haven't looked terrible in a few games and could have won a couple already which totally changes the outlook for the season.

TLDR just stick with Hecky and see what happens

I feel bad writing it, but Hecky has to go and we need a new manager in now, so that they can start with the easier games that are coming up. Unfortunately and although he probably deserves a chance, I don’t think Hecky will now get the necessary results from these games. It’s obvious that we need a tactically strong manager in, who can sort out the defence. The goals we let in are shocking for a top level professional club.
I really don’t think that either Wilder or Warnock are the right choices but I understand why their names are in the hat, as they know the club and the culture. The main problem is, I have no idea who would come to us in the state we are in. A change is required but not a change for change’s sake

I’d bring in Billy as the manager, I’m sure he’d choose someone very familiar as his assistant. We will still go down, but at least we might make the opposition work for their nailed on 3 points.

The desperation levels soar…….

All appointments are a gamble

If we are looking for a manager for getting us promoted from the championship next season then Hecky's past record suggests he is a good a gamble as anyone

Warning back?! No thanks, would rather put my balls into a sizzling hot pan and turn the heat up than have him return. He's not the answer and this team is not suited to Warnock football either. If we're going down memory lane then Wilder is the man.

Kin lightweight.

I'd rather deep fry the nads, massage a deep heat/gritty sand mixture into them, let my ex-wife take a baseball bat to them and then appoint Hoofy Twat with Ainsworth as his assistant than see Colin come back.

All appointments are a gamble

If we are looking for a manager for getting us promoted from the championship next season then Hecky's past record suggests he is a good a gamble as anyone
his record does suggest it i agree but in the 2nd half of last season we got away with some very poor performances but saved by illiman him and the 2 man city lads got us up last season imo im 50/50 on hecky staying we might just need somebody with different ideas to come in

his record does suggest it i agree but in the 2nd half of last season we got away with some very poor performances but saved by illiman him and the 2 man city lads got us up last season imo im 50/50 on hecky staying we might just need somebody with different ideas to come in
cannt argue with that
but i was just saying Hecky has had 2 good seasons in the champ
no guarentee that a replacment will do any better than Slav or Atkins

Back
Top Bottom