Hamer fitness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Cut out the kebabs & John smiths & he might just make it through a full game or 2.

I can first hand state thay he loves a Sunday carvery, having witnessed it first hand somewhere in the south of Sheffield (I won't say where in order to protect his privacy). But i'm cool with this, why shouldn't he have a Sunday roast?

I can first hand state thay he loves a Sunday carvery, having witnessed it first hand somewhere in the south of Sheffield (I won't say where in order to protect his privacy). But i'm cool with this, why shouldn't he have a Sunday roast?
Having a one off cavery isn’t an issue but his weight for large parts of the season have worried me. He didn’t look fit start of the season and if we are to do well we need to be in great shape from day 1 of pre season.

Nah, we're still miles off the pace fitness wise. Wilder admitted as much in his press conference the other day... Until we get a grip of that, we'll look like a pub side!!

We are off the pace but Wilder is deflecting. He has been back since early December. Its the last few weeks he has started this lark of physical substitutions. He isn't taking responsibility.
Arblaster and Souza both played full games last night after he claimed they were physically shot against Fulham. They are off the pace imo due to organisation, leadership, ability and some players repeated injuries. Brewster McBurnie Archer Davies, RND Lowe Baldock.etc out again.

BBD is about the one thing that Wilder got right since has been back. Grbic is looking like another Olsen. Holgate has an attitude problem.
I get that having such low possession means you should run more more. But we are not seeing that as we don't pressure the man in possession. Fitness is just 1 part of a much bigger problem.

Tonight was the record lowest possession stats of any team in the premier league since Opta started recording them 20 years ago. Liverpool had the ball over 83% of the time.

Chasing the ball for an entire game is perhaps more of the reason we look so fatigued, cramping up etc, in every second half - rather than just that every other team is fitter than us.
Look at the size of our players compared to other teams. Our players are all skinny bean poles with chicken legs. No wonder they're injured all the time. You don't need millions of pounds for that, you just need a specific and consistent gym regime, something we don't seem to have.

Fitness , shape and conditioning across the entire team is shocking tbh.

At this level sacrifices need to be made as Billy did and George in that first season under wilder the shape they came back in was unbelievable and helped them contribute at the highest level.

Alas most of our team don’t have that attitude and are relics of the modern game

We are off the pace but Wilder is deflecting. He has been back since early December. Its the last few weeks he has started this lark of physical substitutions. He isn't taking responsibility.
Arblaster and Souza both played full games last night after he claimed they were physically shot against Fulham. They are off the pace imo due to organisation, leadership, ability and some players repeated injuries. Brewster McBurnie Archer Davies, RND Lowe Baldock.etc out again.

BBD is about the one thing that Wilder got right since has been back. Grbic is looking like another Olsen. Holgate has an attitude problem.
I get that having such low possession means you should run more more. But we are not seeing that as we don't pressure the man in possession. Fitness is just 1 part of a much bigger problem.
I think both of us can be correct on this subject.

The players are ridiculously off the pace fitness wise but that's exacerbated by like of organisation, defensive coaching and clear messaging from the coaching team.

Because he is a professional athlete who is paid to run around and kick a ball? I don’t think anyone should be a fat sod at his age due to poor diet choices. Sounds like we have Moussett Mk2 on our hands.

He can have as many as he wants as long as he accepts that it isn’t the sort of diet you can enjoy and still expect to be a PL footballer.

Because he is a professional athlete who is paid to run around and kick a ball? I don’t think anyone should be a fat sod at his age due to poor diet choices. Sounds like we have Moussett Mk2 on our hands.
Bit harsh on Hamer. Moussett struggled to play 20 minutes!

United's fitness problems didn't start this season. We had a plethora of injuries last season. Most of them muscular, which suggests conditioning and load management issues. If you look at the injury record last season it was pretty miraculous to achieve promotion and a cup semi. If I was a player at United I'd be worried having United manage my body under the previous regime. You pick two or three similar injuries up and it can follow you the rest of your career. A recurrence here, a recurrence there. Detrimental...

United should be factoring this all in when considering contract extension. You have to control the controllables and accept that the damage is done with some of these players. Get players in with good age and injury profiles and get their bodies ready for next season.

It's very difficult managing this squad short term. We are playing players in games they should be benched or rested for, and benching players that should have their feet up to avoid injury. We Also have a sizeable injury list. It's too late now. As absurd as it sounds, I'd be shocked if we weren't 5-10 points better off if we'd sorted these issues out before the start of the season. That's the sickener.

He can have as many as he wants as long as he accepts that it isn’t the sort of diet you can enjoy and still expect to be a PL footballer.
Tbh

That’s what held me back 🫤

Reactions: 10p
United's fitness problems didn't start this season. We had a plethora of injuries last season. Most of them muscular, which suggests conditioning and load management issues. If you look at the injury record last season it was pretty miraculous to achieve promotion and a cup semi. If I was a player at United I'd be worried having United manage my body under the previous regime. You pick two or three similar injuries up and it can follow you the rest of your career. A recurrence here, a recurrence there. Detrimental...

United should be factoring this all in when considering contract extension. You have to control the controllables and accept that the damage is done with some of these players. Get players in with good age and injury profiles and get their bodies ready for next season.

It's very difficult managing this squad short term. We are playing players in games they should be benched or rested for, and benching players that should have their feet up to avoid injury. We Also have a sizeable injury list. It's too late now. As absurd as it sounds, I'd be shocked if we weren't 5-10 points better off if we'd sorted these issues out before the start of the season. That's the sickener.
It’s strange because Hecky did his degree in sports science, but he absolutely ran some players ragged and ignored fitness issues of others. Like Sharp, who he started many many consecutive games, often giving him almost all of those games, despite the fact Sharp was in his mid thirties and sports science generally proving that this is a very risky idea. Sharp broke down and got injured of course after a few games. At the same time he dragged Jebbo back from a loan spell at Burton and benched him for weeks/months without a start. Again all pointed out on here at the time.

The preseason this year has rightly been pointed out to be pitiful.

Returning to the OP You would have thought the club might also see the players as more of an asset to be looked after rather than let them go nuts and enjoy the pubs of South West Sheffield getting pissed and eating carveries.

It might be worth weighing certain players and giving them targets for the weight/fitness? Maybe curfews on certain nights of the week?

All controllable things.

It’s strange because Hecky did his degree in sports science, but he absolutely ran some players ragged and ignored fitness issues of others. Like Sharp, who he started many many consecutive games, often giving him almost all of those games, despite the fact Sharp was in his mid thirties and sports science generally proving that this is a very risky idea. Sharp broke down and got injured of course after a few games. At the same time he dragged Jebbo back from a loan spell at Burton and benched him for weeks/months without a start. Again all pointed out on here at the time.

The preseason this year has rightly been pointed out to be pitiful.

Returning to the OP You would have thought the club might also see the players as more of an asset to be looked after rather than let them go nuts and enjoy the pubs of South West Sheffield getting pissed and eating carveries.

It might be worth weighing certain players and giving them targets for the weight/fitness? Maybe curfews on certain nights of the week?

All controllable things.

All points to us being out of our depth in the PL in 2024 where the sporting programmes run by our competitors are amongst the most cutting edge in the world.

For a while now (since COVID really) ours have been something akin to a PE lesson run by a disinterested teacher.

Even last season when we did brilliantly it became a common theme that we started second halves awfully pretty much every game. My mate used to joke he reckoned Hecky gave the players a full roast dinner with all the trimmings at half time (maybe why Hamer signed??)...

Look at what Jim Ratcliffe has done at Man Utd - brought in Dave Brailsford as one of the first actions. We need someone with a similar mindset to sit in Wilder's coaching team. As an example, NFL teams have Quality Control coaches as part of their Mgt teams....

Grbic is making Simmonsen, look like a good keeper😊

Back
Top Bottom