Hamer fitness

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Think he fell awkwardly after helping us score.

Tonight he showed in glimpses why he was so sought after whilst at Coventry.

If he's here next season he will be good for us. (Assuming he can play and isn't injured)

Think he fell awkwardly after helping us score.

Tonight he showed in glimpses why he was so sought after whilst at Coventry.

If he's here next season he will be good for us. (Assuming he can play and isn't injured)
Seemed to be cramping up

Totally agree. If he's still here next season he'll be key but like half of our squad his fitness isn't great.
We’re a fit side, generally but we have a small squad. We seem to manage a few players. Hamer seems to be one we don’t manage and we just let him run into his next twinge….. but generally gets back for next game

Let's not forget that playing on this league is at least another step up on fitness levels, perhaps more in reality.
It is and I’ve no issue with that, just always seems to be Hamer late on in games that’s struggled.

Maybe he knows wilder will bring in the competition winners after an hour and thinks, fuck that.

Let's not forget that playing in this league is at least another step up in fitness levels, perhaps more in reality.
Most weeks it's one game a week. The championship is far more of a slog. I know the games aren't as fast or intense but they aren't walking football either

Most weeks it's one game a week. The championship is far more of a slog. I know the games aren't as fast or intense but they aren't walking football either

TBF you’ll have more possession in the Champ so should be less demanding in terms of chasing the ball for 70 minutes.

Would be decent but if offered at least what we paid for him I'd take the money to spread over the whole squad.

Seems to get to an hour and then picks up knocks, cramp, twinges…..

I think he’s a cracking player and will be decent next season but these little things seem to mean he struggles in latter parts of games
Could say the same for most of them. Another game where we entered the final third competitive and come out of it with our arses handed to us.

Say what you like about our 'quality', it's our fitness which keeps shafting us!!

Maybe I'm being controversial, but with 2019's fitness, this squad finishes 17th....

Could say the same for most of them. Another game where we entered the final third competitive and come out of it with our arses handed to us.

Say what you like about our 'quality', it's our fitness which keeps shafting us!!

Maybe I'm being controversial, but with 2019's fitness, this squad finishes 17th....

I get that we can’t compete with fitness, we have a team, we don’t have a squad. Our small first team has been magnified by the extra subs that we now get and the added time. It means that opposition sides are consistently bringing in a fresh player and playing them for 60 mins or as long as it takes to kill a game.

Top Sides are able to relax and slow games once they’re won. The likes of ourselves can’t let up, ever. Even at 5, 6 or 8 down, the game has to be chased otherwise we criticise, the manager and coaches show their stats

But that’s a general comment, The Hamer point was more that he seems (I am sure others will have stats to prove / disprove) to get these late issues

I think he will look different after a full Wilder pre-season, running up n down Graves Park.

Seems to get to an hour and then picks up knocks, cramp, twinges…..

I think he’s a cracking player and will be decent next season but these little things seem to mean he struggles in latter parts of games
Thought he has looked a lot better fitness wise recently. Was a big concern of mine for large parts of the season. But think recently he’s looked much better.

I get that we can’t compete with fitness, we have a team, we don’t have a squad. Our small first team has been magnified by the extra subs that we now get and the added time. It means that opposition sides are consistently bringing in a fresh player and playing them for 60 mins or as long as it takes to kill a game.

Top Sides are able to relax and slow games once they’re won. The likes of ourselves can’t let up, ever. Even at 5, 6 or 8 down, the game has to be chased otherwise we criticise, the manager and coaches show their stats

But that’s a general comment, The Hamer point was more that he seems (I am sure others will have stats to prove / disprove) to get these late issues
Got to agree to disagree on this one buddy. The subs today were McBurnie, Osborn, Brooks, Osula - all players who have started multiple games.

I think it's more that our profile of player is 10 years out of date. None of those names above have explosive power to influence the modern game. In fact not sure we have one player in that mold. We have c22 decent championship level players and no matter how we shuffle that deck we're going to be short at this level.... The only chance we had was like in 2019 when we had the ability to run harder, faster, longer - and Hecky/Tom Little fucked that one up....

Got to agree to disagree on this one buddy. The subs today were McBurnie, Osborn, Brooks, Osula - all players who have started multiple games.

I think it's more that our profile of player is 10 years out of date. None of those names above have explosive power to influence the modern game. In fact not sure we have one player in that mold. We have c22 decent championship level players and no matter how we shuffle that deck we're going to be short at this level.... The only chance we had was like in 2019 when we had the ability to run harder, faster, longer - and Hecky/Tom Little fucked that one up....

McBurnie apart, not sure any of them can be considered the same level as those they replaced which is the point. Brooks and Osula may well develop, but they’re nowhere near the levels, they’re getting experience and that’s great but they’re not going to outrun sides anymore with the way the game is

Opposition, Burnley perhaps and Luton apart, the rest of the division has a more expensive bench than our first team

McBurnie apart, not sure any of them can be considered the same level as those they replaced which is the point. Brooks and Osula may well develop, but they’re nowhere near the levels, they’re getting experience and that’s great but they’re not going to outrun sides anymore with the way the game is

Opposition, Burnley perhaps and Luton apart, the rest of the division has a more expensive bench than our first team
We're splitting hairs but the ones that went off today: Trusty, McAtee, Holgate are no better than those who came on... You're right about our bench, which is really my point. We sold our two best players and replaced them with more squad cannon fodder .... I'd love Hecky to explain what the plan was post Ndiaye and what the programme objectives were for the strength and conditioning....

Tonight was the record lowest possession stats of any team in the premier league since Opta started recording them 20 years ago. Liverpool had the ball over 83% of the time.

Chasing the ball for an entire game is perhaps more of the reason we look so fatigued, cramping up etc, in every second half - rather than just that every other team is fitter than us.

We're splitting hairs but the ones that went off today: Trusty, McAtee, Holgate are no better than those who came on... You're right about our bench, which is really my point. We sold our two best players and replaced them with more squad cannon fodder .... I'd love Hecky to explain what the plan was post Ndiaye and what the programme objectives were for the strength and conditioning....
McAtee and holgate I’d disagree, trusty, agree on his season

I’m not getting into the Ndiaye and Berge sales/ timing, sorry. But the fitness was a massive issue in the squad for the first 10 games, by which time we’d already gone. But now fitness generally is good, we just struggle against sides with competitive squads

McAtee and holgate I’d disagree, trusty, agree on his season

I’m not getting into the Ndiaye and Berge sales/ timing, sorry. But the fitness was a massive issue in the squad for the first 10 games, by which time we’d already gone. But now fitness generally is good, we just struggle against sides with competitive squads
Nah, we're still miles off the pace fitness wise. Wilder admitted as much in his press conference the other day... Until we get a grip of that, we'll look like a pub side!!

The championship is miles less physically demanding.

We looked stronger than everyone last year

I think we’ve started to see even more of his capabilities with the addition of Brereton-Diaz, makes sense why he was so effective last season when he had another well rounded forward in Gyokeres leading the line.

Back
Top Bottom