Embarrassing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Perhaps true.

But when do we get to be 'bang in form'?

We've of the highest wage bills in the division and a management team that has done well since appointment but the way we have lost points of late is concerning.

It's the way we've suddenly allowed games to become like basketball matches and how suddenly anyone playing 4-2-3-1 is like kryptonite to us.

The coaching staff need to up their game. We can't be making the same errors time and time again. We seem to have lost the art of discipline in our play.

The league table proves that at some point this season we have been ‘bang in form’.

Hecky needs t o look at himself and stop................picking favourites, players who have no form, players who dont give a sh*t, players who cannot motivate themselves players who are past it? What's happened to Brooks and Coulbily today.............................get a grip Heckingbottom becasue if we fail to go up I think you will be looking for work! Pathetic
Brooks was probably our worse player against Tottenham.
Nothing against the kid he's young but definitely not ready for the Championship.

Do you really think it was tactic to allow a 3 on 3 attack?

I think the tactics of pushing the wing backs so high up means yes we run the risk of such an opportunity/attack for the opposition.

It happened early on at Millwall. They missed one and scored the next and again today.

Clearly the shape and tactics is notveorking when teams are breaking 3 on 3 or 2 on 2?

I think the tactics of pushing the wing backs so high up means yes we run the risk of such an opportunity/attack for the opposition.

It happened early on at Millwall. They missed one and scored the next and again today.

Clearly the shape and tactics is notveorking when teams are breaking 3 on 3 or 2 on 2?
I think the players need to be brighter. I doubt Hecky tells them to be reckless. In fact, in the post-match interview he pulled up their 3 attacks and use not marking/tracking etc. On the goal, the left sided players were forward as we were attacking down the left flank. Bogle and Basham were covering but there was a man short. Egan was in their box. Egan. and when they break he shows a Bergeesque effort to get back. Seriously just watches. Norwood at least got back. Robbo jogs. As does Fleck. No busting guts there.

Too many of our players were the wrong side of their men and far too slow to make up the ground.

We see this more and more lately. Players not bothering to make an effort to get back. Happens with the defenders a lot more than it should.

Bogle plays as a winger at times, which is fine by the midfielder on that side has to provide cover if they break. Berge rarely does. It's normal Norwood dragged across, which leaves a gap in the centre and our left side stretched.

No 'you're' not, you're calling it embarrassing. It's in the title of this thread. That's the issue. Be angry. Criticise the performances or the decisions. But we lost to one of the best teams we've played this season. away from home. 1:0. They're at the top of the form table. They have some quality players and clearly a good manager. It's not embarrassing.
We smashed Blackburn at home but barely tested their keeper today

Were the wing backs any higher than you’d expect them to be? Being wing backs they should automatically be quite far forward when we’re attacking.

I doubt the tactic wasn’t for us to have a 3 v 3 against us.

Incidentally, are there any tactics that sees a team completely impervious to an attack from the opposition?

I think the players need to be brighter. I doubt Hecky tells them to be reckless. In fact, in the post-match interview he pulled up their 3 attacks and use not marking/tracking etc. On the goal, the left sided players were forward as we were attacking down the left flank. Bogle and Basham were covering but there was a man short. Egan was in their box. Egan. and when they break he shows a Bergeesque effort to get back. Seriously just watches. Norwood at least got back. Robbo jogs. As does Fleck. No busting guts there.

Too many of our players were the wrong side of their men and far too slow to make up the ground.

We see this more and more lately. Players not bothering to make an effort to get back. Happens with the defenders a lot more than it should.

Bogle plays as a winger at times, which is fine by the midfielder on that side has to provide cover if they break. Berge rarely does. It's normal Norwood dragged across, which leaves a gap in the centre and our left side stretched.
Yep Norwood attempted to race back but two Blackburn players ran right past him as he tried to get back he couldn't catch them.

Tells a lot about the game when our most visible player is Bash and mostly in midfield and last 3rd of the pitch.

Do you honestly think McBurnie played well or more importantly, put a shift in today?
Not particularly no (to the played well part, yes to the put a shift in bit) but that wasn’t the point I was making.

Who watches that game and decides McBurnie is the one who needs to take the blame?

Well the answer is obviously a poster with a long standing agenda against that player.

The league table proves that at some point this season we have been ‘bang in form’.
Yes but unfortunately the league doesn't end after 34 or 35 matches.

For a team that in the main had a week off that was a poor effort second half.

Even during the long winning streak I kept thinking this isn’t like watching a team in the auto spots.

When we are bad it’s painful to watch. When we are good we aren’t anything special. Could easily mess this up now. Seen posters saying rather be in our position but I’m not sure about that. Boro are on fire and we’ve lost 3 of the last 4 and 1 away this year. Huge game Tuesday now.

Even during the long winning streak I kept thinking this isn’t like watching a team in the auto spots.

When we are bad it’s painful to watch. When we are good we aren’t anything special. Could easily mess this up now. Seen posters saying rather be in our position but I’m not sure about that. Boro are on fire and we’ve lost 3 of the last 4 and 1 away this year. Huge game Tuesday now.
Agree

And so should we be from that insipid second half.

We should have buried them first half today and just wasted great positions and opportunities whilst giving away an amateurish breakaway.

I hope the player don't sleep tonight when they think about how they approached that second half.

They should be angry and keen to put it right. As for Reading yes they'll feel they want to reestablish some prude but Christ they got hit for 5. They have some fundamental weaknesses that we have to expose.
It won't happen under the current U23 manager.

Yes but unfortunately the league doesn't end after 34 or 35 matches.

For a team that in the main had a week off that was a poor effort second half.

‘Bang in form’ doesn’t last for 35 matches though doesn’t it? Unfortunately.

It was a poor effort second half. I’m not sure why having a week off factors into it. Either the opposition are better than you or they aren’t. I’m not really sure what argument you’re trying to present.

I absolutely hated the fact we’re still in the cup. But on Wednesday night I changed my mind. We were wonderful against Tottenham and I naively thought we could carry that performance on to the Saturday. I honestly feel the changes killed the momentum for me,

The rest of the season, watch what happens now under spinless.

The rest of the season won’t happen because of spinless? Who’s spinless? Are we forfeiting the remaining games?

The rest of the season won’t happen because of spinless? Who’s spinless? Are we forfeiting the remaining games?
Just ask spinless, the answers will be there for you to see over the next few weeks/months.

Just ask spinless, the answers will be there for you to see over the next few weeks/months.

Spinless? Who’s that?

I’d assume you mean spineless but I’d still have no idea who you mean.

Spinless, you know him, just watch for the table over the next few weeks.

Were the wing backs any higher than you’d expect them to be? Being wing backs they should automatically be quite far forward when we’re attacking.

I doubt the tactic wasn’t for us to have a 3 v 3 against us.

Incidentally, are there any tactics that sees a team completely impervious to an attack from the opposition?

No of course not but surely there is an issue when we are left so badly exposed so early in the game....Two games running and we concede both times having to chase the game. It seems the tactical set up and shape is an issue for teams to break and score so easily and so early don't you think?

Spinless, you know him, just watch for the table over the next few weeks.
Spin a few here spin a few there and see what happens. The tactics, team selection and subs will sort the table over the next few weeks.

‘Bang in form’ doesn’t last for 35 matches though doesn’t it? Unfortunately.

It was a poor effort second half. I’m not sure why having a week off factors into it. Either the opposition are better than you or they aren’t. I’m not really sure what argument you’re trying to present.
In the second half, the extra rest for our players should have seen them stronger than a team that almost to a man had a game midweek.

Instead, when we were supposed to be getting the hammer down, we completely disappeared.

In the second half, the extra rest for our players should have seen them stronger than a team that almost to a man had a game midweek.

Instead, when we were supposed to be getting the hammer down, we completely disappeared.

That’s got absolutely nothing to do with a team being ‘bang in form’. You asked when do we get to be that way, I’ve said the league table proves that it’s already happened.

Do you really think an extra couple of days rest for a few of our players makes that much difference? Sometimes it isn’t about the fitness of the players.

Back
Top Bottom