Embarrassing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought we were ok until we got to their box and then we looked like someone had slipped somat in their tea.

Slow, poor passing, poor decision making. We looked more like a team lacking confidence, ideas and fighting a relegation battle

Maybe so but we are calling the poor performance as we see it.

Maybe we don't win that game but I expect the desire to be there to try to or at least get the draw.
No 'you're' not, you're calling it embarrassing. It's in the title of this thread. That's the issue. Be angry. Criticise the performances or the decisions. But we lost to one of the best teams we've played this season. away from home. 1:0. They're at the top of the form table. They have some quality players and clearly a good manager. It's not embarrassing.

I hope for the players sake they were all suffering from illness... because if not then they should be absolutely embarrassed by that turgid display of shite.

If Roys comments read "Sheffield United were the worst team to come to Ewood this season" i wouldnt be surprised one iota.

First half we looked ok but just playing at a leisurely pace.

Second half we looked like we hadnt played a game of football together in our life and were playing prime Barcelona.

Look I dont mind a loss, but when the players make Sheffield United look like that they should be embarrassed.

Well done to Rovers and JDT who is looking like a good manager for them.

We have played in the last 4 games how we have played all season

Only difference is the results

Its the sort of performance you would expect a Sheffield United team to put in if the were second from bottom not second from the top.

Blackburn should have won 3-0 post and bar robbed them of an emphatic victory.

We are playing "fear" football.
Only difference with this away performance from all the others away is we lost this one like at Millwall - we have been ordinary all season away

Some work required on Sanders contract- the clause that says " I must play every game for the full 90 minutes" 🤣🤣

No 'you're' not, you're calling it embarrassing. It's in the title of this thread. That's the issue. Be angry. Criticise the performances or the decisions. But we lost to one of the best teams we've played this season. away from home. 1:0. They're at the top of the form table. They have some quality players and clearly a good manager. It's not embarrassing.
Yes, it is not embarrassing, but we should and quite rightly so expect a better performance from the team and management than that whilst we still occupy 2nd place (for now anyway).

The tactics away are awful. Sunday league stuff. Surely you play solid at the start and get a foothold and not give away 3 on 3's as we did today and at Millwall. Then we can come out and express. We did the opposite but as we had lost a goal meant we were chasing.

Do you really think it was tactic to allow a 3 on 3 attack?

Awful team selection for me. Fleck cannot play twice in a week, Norwood has been poor for a few weeks, and we needed to protect our right hand side more with Ahmedhodzic missing.

We didn't play well today but would have been a different story had we had a bit of composure around their box.

Blackburn played really well. They pressed and passed excellently. They were more up for it and they're now the form team in the league.

Hardly embarrassing. Some of our fans' reactions are though.
So we weren't up for it then according to you, so dock the fuckers wages then!!

Bash ball watching , just ran to middle and left their man on the wing totally free
Come on - we were two or maybe 3 short at the back for that goal. Watch it again. Fleck ,and others, were coming back at 10 mph- they came out at 60mph. Bash had two men to mark on the wing and they took advantage of that.

The tactics away are awful. Sunday league stuff. Surely you play solid at the start and get a foothold and not give away 3 on 3's as we did today and at Millwall. Then we can come out and express. We did the opposite but as we had lost a goal meant we were chasing.
Was even worse...
1677945348383.png

Anything less than six points from Reading & Luton now and it’s over, realistically.

No chance we’re keeping a one-point or two-point gap without slipping behind at some stage. Increasingly apparent that this group of players simply cannot handle the pressure & you could see the difference when it wasn’t there on Wednesday

Because the tinkerman altered the side, Berge again was shite! And should have started Doyle and mcatee, also shite
All the endeavour and enthusiasm of Wednesday night disappeared with the stroke of a pen.

They all must be fucking ill with how slow they tracked back to try and stop Blackburn scoring.
Both wing backs shouldn't be bombing forward at the same time in the early stages of the game. We were woefully short of defenders on our right side when they scored

Blackburn got in our faces a bit and we crumbled

Don't worry though, we'll beat them in the cup

Too level headed that sort of thinking. It won’t be welcomed on here.
Perhaps true.

But when do we get to be 'bang in form'?

We've of the highest wage bills in the division and a management team that has done well since appointment but the way we have lost points of late is concerning.

It's the way we've suddenly allowed games to become like basketball matches and how suddenly anyone playing 4-2-3-1 is like kryptonite to us.

The coaching staff need to up their game. We can't be making the same errors time and time again. We seem to have lost the art of discipline in our play.

They'll be on a rebound from Boro thrashing
And so should we be from that insipid second half.

We should have buried them first half today and just wasted great positions and opportunities whilst giving away an amateurish breakaway.

I hope the player don't sleep tonight when they think about how they approached that second half.

They should be angry and keen to put it right. As for Reading yes they'll feel they want to reestablish some prude but Christ they got hit for 5. They have some fundamental weaknesses that we have to expose.

Back
Top Bottom