Embarrassing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Weird you didn’t reply directly.

Anyway, Hecky agreed that we didn’t play the same way against Watford in an attacking sense? What did he say exactly? I’d be interested to see that.

The image provided by Bergen doesn’t really show the reality of our set up when Blackburn started their attack. Watch the footage back again. When we lose the ball there are six United players in the box and all eleven Blackburn players. I can show you the image to prove this of you like. So, considering that what do you feel we could have done differently from a tactic stand point. Assuming you aren’t of the belief that our management team told the players not to bother chasing the players back.
Few more images + some thoughts here.

Weird you didn’t reply directly.

Anyway, Hecky agreed that we didn’t play the same way against Watford in an attacking sense? What did he say exactly? I’d be interested to see that.

The image provided by Bergen doesn’t really show the reality of our set up when Blackburn started their attack. Watch the footage back again. When we lose the ball there are six United players in the box and all eleven Blackburn players. I can show you the image to prove this of you like. So, considering that what do you feel we could have done differently from a tactic stand point. Assuming you aren’t of the belief that our management team told the players not to bother chasing the players back.

Watford discussion here. There is another article on Yorkshire Live where he said they were more reserved with the way we attacked and alludes to it more but I can't find it at the moment.

I stand by we had too many men forward for such an early moment. I agree players could have chased back more and felt our work ethic was poor all game (shown up here as you say) but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Also the fact our players lack the pace/mobility to run back as we have seen quite a bit recently when teams break, that is all the more reason not to go gung ho and to get left so exposed. When there is a foot race due to Norwood, Fleck, Bash and Egans lack of pace/mobility then we are even more exposed when the wing backs are so far forward as they are two of our quicker players.

Watford discussion here. There is another article on Yorkshire Live where he said they were more reserved with the way we attacked and alludes to it more but I can't find it at the moment.

I stand by we had too many men forward for such an early moment. I agree players could have chased back more and felt our work ethic was poor all game (shown up here as you say) but the two aren't mutually exclusive. Also the fact our players lack the pace/mobility to run back as we have seen quite a bit recently when teams break, that is all the more reason not to go gung ho and to get left so exposed. When there is a foot race due to Norwood, Fleck, Bash and Egans lack of pace/mobility then we are even more exposed when the wing backs are so far forward as they are two of our quicker players.

So you feel it would’ve been a more sensible tactic to have four of our players back to defend none of theirs?

So you feel it would’ve been a more sensible tactic to have four of our players back to defend none of theirs?

Where have I said that?

I was advocating that a more sensible tactic is not to have so many players so far up leaving us vulnerable to a counter when our slowest players are the ones furthest back.

This has happened a fair bit recently. I was clear it is not just about the goal on Saturday but several other times teams have gone through us and had men over. We can discuss players should have ran back. I agree. The desire was poor but equally you still should not be so exposed that one pass through Norwood and they were almost in on goal 2 on 1 from halfway.

Do you think the tactics/set up are ok away from home? If they are and it on individual mistakes/effort why is Hecky picking the same players mostly? One of the two is clearly an issue would you not agree?

Hopefully we can be a bit more solid tomorrow as Reading as awful as they can be, are decent at home with Ince, Joao and Long will cause problems if we are so open.

Where have I said that?

I was advocating that a more sensible tactic is not to have so many players so far up leaving us vulnerable to a counter when our slowest players are the ones furthest back.

This has happened a fair bit recently. I was clear it is not just about the goal on Saturday but several other times teams have gone through us and had men over. We can discuss players should have ran back. I agree. The desire was poor but equally you still should not be so exposed that one pass through Norwood and they were almost in on goal 2 on 1 from halfway.

Do you think the tactics/set up are ok away from home? If they are and it on individual mistakes/effort why is Hecky picking the same players mostly? One of the two is clearly an issue would you not agree?

Hopefully we can be a bit more solid tomorrow as Reading as awful as they can be, are decent at home with Ince, Joao and Long will cause problems if we are so open.

We had three players in defensive positions relative to where the play was. You said we had too many men forward so it follows that you think at least four would’ve been more suitable.

I think what you’re advocating makes absolutely no sense. The normal tactic in such a situation would be to ensure we have a numerical advantage of at least 2-1 but we actually had more than that and you still feel it wasn’t enough.

You changed your argument to include other games but originally you were complaining about the tactics on Saturday.

The tactics were sound. Beyond having even more players in defensive positions, which no other team would’ve chosen to do in that situation, there’s little more you can do. They attacked at pace and caught some of our players off guard. They had all eleven players in their penalty area to our six. You cannot reasonably argue that we pushed too many players forward.

You haven’t provided one sensible argument that supports the idea that the tactics were wrong, beyond repeating we had too many players forward, which isn’t remotely true.

I suppose we will have to agree to disagree because I can’t see your argument getting any better.

Back
Top Bottom