Could This Be Our Port Vale 1999?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tyler Durden

Well Loved Icon
Reaction score
1-3 at home, 8,000 fans. A low point but a turning point all the same.

Discuss.....

Adrian Heath - twat.

I sure he's in the thread of the same name.

We're not that low yet but I can't see us stabilising over the next few games.

I hope they prove me wrong and I've stupidly bought a ticket for Barnsley.

All sides scout us properly and know exactly what our weaknesses are.

Not sure they have enough guts or pride to respond.

1-3 at home, 8,000 fans. A low point but a turning point all the same.

Discuss.....

First of all, it's absolutely amazing that after five seasons in this league, our crowds are still double what they were then.

Personally, I felt more depressed about that game than this one. I felt Heath had to go, which he did, I don't feel that way about Adkins. Having said that, I have no idea why things have got as bad as they are, or what he can do to change them.

• Banned
Actually it's probably not a good comparison. Port Vale led to a diabolical manager getting sacked and Warnock then took us on an 18 game unbeaten run (I think) with the same players.

This current set of nomarks don't have that in them, not even a fraction of that actually.

I genuinely don't think Adkins is the problem, he's working with utter garbage and doesn't yet have the power to hire or fire.

Whenever I see this club`s fantastic supporters being fed shit dishes on it`s menu do I think " Board of Directors " ?

We lurch from one embarrassment to another season after season yet our fantastic faithful supporters turn out in their thousands week in and week out. Yet we sit back and watch our better players move forward for profit while we draft in some average joe thinking he`ll improve because he`s at at bigger profile club. McCabe and his spendthift crew that oversee this club are the one`s holding it back from moving forward. McCabe likes to talk big about " Going for it this year " or " Game changing investment " but that is all it is, just talk. Nigel Adkins is the human shield for our pathetic no ambition board and its time they showed a whole lot more bollocks.

That game immediately resulted in a change of chairman and manager with the Dooley and Warnock dream team being borne from that. All I see coming from this is Adkins in the impossible situation of having realised his players are shit and shitheads but having no way of changing it.

That game immediately resulted in a change of chairman and manager with the Dooley and Warnock dream team being borne from that. All I see coming from this is Adkins in the impossible situation of having realised his players are shit and shitheads but having no way of changing it.
The only good thing that might come out of this is that the board may finally appreciate how fucked we actually are and stop pretending it can be sorted out by a couple of signings and some tweets.

The only good thing that might come out of this is that the board may finally appreciate how fucked we actually are and stop pretending it can be sorted out by a couple of signings and some tweets.

Neither Phipps Mcabe or prince reside here maybe part of problem?

Neither Phipps Mcabe or prince reside here maybe part of problem?
I think so. I worked with some very capable and motivated individuals who nonetheless arsed around when the boss was out of the office. People are people.
I just don't think you get a proper feel for how things are unless you're physically there. Skype meetings are great but no substitute for getting involved, looking, listening, talking to people face to face, talking to staff, not just management.

Actually it's probably not a good comparison. Port Vale led to a diabolical manager getting sacked and Warnock then took us on an 18 game unbeaten run (I think) with the same players.

This current set of nomarks don't have that in them, not even a fraction of that actually.

I genuinely don't think Adkins is the problem, he's working with utter garbage and doesn't yet have the power to hire or fire.

We won our next 4 league games and only lost 2 of the first 16 following Warnock's appointment. Warnock brought in Brown, Hall, Notman and D'Jaffo, but it was, as you say, mainly the same players.

McCabe needs to get over here and give that set of players a proper talking to.

Back
Top Bottom