Home vs Bournemouth - Is this game make or break?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

any loan not pulling weight now can go
but your zero talent assessment of our squad is a bit far wide of the truth
we got into the prem , and it wasnt solely due to ndiaye as some think
he had plenty of 5 ratings last season too

unless someone takes over before jan we have to get free agents
but it doesnt mean we cant uncover another leon clark or mc Goldrick

try a tiny nugget of fresh optimism see if it grows

You’re assuming it’s as simple as ending the loan and sending back. Financial penalties may be an issue.
As for getting up, I think you underestimate the value Ndiaye added. Yes some games he didn’t score and things didn’t come off for him, but that didn’t mean opponent’s weren’t having to occupy a lot of time dealing with him.
Don’t forget what Doyle added too right at the point where the wheels looked to have at least started with punctures.
Not forgetting some of the absolute tripe in that league and the huge gulf in quality between the top 6 in the champ and the bottom half of the premier league.

So I maintain my opinion that almost all of the current squad are top half champ players sprinkled with some league 1 and unpredictable youth prospects thrown in.

You’re assuming it’s as simple as ending the loan and sending back. Financial penalties may be an issue.
As for getting up, I think you underestimate the value Ndiaye added. Yes some games he didn’t score and things didn’t come off for him, but that didn’t mean opponent’s weren’t having to occupy a lot of time dealing with him.
Don’t forget what Doyle added too right at the point where the wheels looked to have at least started with punctures.
Not forgetting some of the absolute tripe in that league and the huge gulf in quality between the top 6 in the champ and the bottom half of the premier league.

So I maintain my opinion that almost all of the current squad are top half champ players sprinkled with some league 1 and unpredictable youth prospects thrown in.
thought Doyle didnt impress v us ,
the gulf was shown to be not that big last season as all 3 stayed up
its only 11 in time to change everything

surely the championships not that poor when massive swfc sit bottom

We did you’re right, although we had less than 30% of the ball in the first half and for 20 minutes we were under the cosh a little bit. I thought the final 5 minutes of the first half we did ok.

Bogles chance to win it came after the red card. My initial post was referring to how we played before that. I don’t think we’d be sat here today with a point if it had remained 11 v 11

Fair enough, it just made it sound like we didn't have any chances when we did. Hamer's header was quite early in the game.

They made good chance with a slide rule pass a bit before their goal and I thought they were going to be out of sight by half time. But they weren't, and we survived another hour before the sending off.

We weren't great but we dug in and improved and deserved our point I reckon. Them getting a man sent off was not just good luck on our part,they got what they deserved - they were quite a dirty side, we lost Souza on 52 minutes as a result of that as well.

4 points from the Bournemouth and Burnley games combined would be a thing of beauty.

Reactions: Dkc
Win = 1 point away from 17th
Lose = 7 points away from 17th

We said a few months ago that Everton at home was the biggest game of the season to get an early win on the board but this game against Bournemouth is even bigger now.

Need players back at full steam and fitness ready after the international break. Could this game define our season? Potentially, but it will definitely have an impact on the players’ confidence and belief.

Nope. We’ll lose to Bournemouth and beat Liverpool.

Last edited:
Point gained today. Looking at half time I thought it would have have been a 3 or 4 nill’er. I wouldn’t say Bournemouth is must win either. There’s still lots of football to be played and the ‘must win games’ term is being used a bit loosely nowadays which is not to my liking. A draw wouldn’t be a disaster but definitely a ‘can’t lose’
Def a must win. You cant keep putting the inevitable off..

They have played 7 games at home and 5 away there home form is quite good..
we will sort them out and give a good old thrashing.

🤣 I’m really gutted that you don’t agree with me.

1-0 down. Fati went through good save from Wes, Webster missed a free header, Mitoma had a good chance.

So like I said, we could have been 3-0 down.
Had Hamer scored with the header before they scored we may have won easily !!

yes we should have been 3 down at half time we were awful but when brighton went down to 10 we should have won the game we just havent got the quality to capitalise on situations like that
When did we last win a game against 10 men when losing when the player was sent off !! Have we ever had that quality ?

I put 'rusting hillsborough sheffield wednesday' into an AI generator and it gave me a rusty owl with 'shedfield' under it, thought it was funny pal

Just tried that on chatGPT and it said it wasn't aware of any rusting issues and advised me to contact them if I had any structural concerns 🤣

Just tried that on chatGPT and it said it wasn't aware of any rusting issues and advised me to contact them if I had any structural concerns 🤣
Haha amazing. I used the bing one, took me a while to generate anything that looked worse than the real thing even when I did "post apocalyptic hillsborough"

Had Hamer scored with the header before they scored we may have won easily !!
The Hamer one was a lot more difficult than it was made out to be, he had milliseconds to aim it towards the goal and was unlucky. The Bogle chance was a lot simpler.

The worry for me is that ‘we’ had a solitary shot on target and it wasn’t by any of our players. It did lead to a goal though so at least we were efficient.

Def a must win. You cant keep putting the inevitable off..
The term 'must-win was previously only used for games where a failure to win would mean a club was mathematically relegated or couldn't achieve promotion. Now it's routinely used for any game against a promotion or relegation rival.

While three points would be great, Bournemouth isn't a 'must-win'. A draw would be disappointing but would at least prevent them from getting three points.

Saying that, I think that avoiding defeat is extremely important. Every footballer checks the league table, and if we were to lose it would make very depressing reading. A win puts us a point from safety and just four points behind Fulham (until Monday at least). We'd also leapfrog Luton if they fail to beat Palace.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I was right about us getting something vs Brighton. I'll be right here too---we beat these and Burnley AND, we scrape a draw versus Liverpool.

A season isn't won or lost in one game but we play Bournemouth then Burnley and if we don't look any good playing them then we aren't going to look any good playing anyone.

There's four sides in this division who look outstandingly poor and we've been the worst of them (I guess second worst after today's point). Next two games are a chance to make it clear we're at least on a par with our rivals.
Just wanted to remind everyone that 3 or 4 teams only look "outstandingly poor" because of the insane quality in the Premier League. Players plucked from all corners of the world (at all age groups) to make squads full of superstars. Money money money.

In any other league in the world those 3 or 4 teams you refer to, would not look so bad. Not awful football teams at all. It's just a shit pyramid because of the obsession with money and essentially no working rules to maintain any fair play.

Just wanted to remind everyone that 3 or 4 teams only look "outstandingly poor" because of the insane quality in the Premier League. Players plucked from all corners of the world (at all age groups) to make squads full of superstars. Money money money.

In any other league in the world those 3 or 4 teams you refer to, would not look so bad. Not awful football teams at all. It's just a shit pyramid because of the obsession with money and essentially no working rules to maintain any fair play.
Sure, it's relative to the division we're in, but in a conversation about how our season will go then that's all that matters.

Win = 1 point away from 17th
Lose = 7 points away from 17th

We said a few months ago that Everton at home was the biggest game of the season to get an early win on the board but this game against Bournemouth is even bigger now.

Need players back at full steam and fitness ready after the international break. Could this game define our season? Potentially, but it will definitely have an impact on the players’ confidence and belief.
It’s a massive game for all the bottom 3. If Bournemouth start to move away we’re all fucked.

Utd will go down

We are dreadful - full stop

The worst prem side I have ever seen . We cause virtually no problems to other teams , have no system that is remotely recognisable, have negligible possession and lack any sort of athleticism.

You couldn’t write it .

But I just did
Yes, we know all this, but…

Yes, we are crap, bereft of any real quality, low on confidence, lacking composure on the ball and seemingly no idea on how to change things…But, amazingly the last 2 games have got us all smiling and talking about football again, and that’s all that really matters. Yes we know we’re going down, but that feeling of apathy and indifference for something that we all enjoy, has been bloody awful…We need hope to get us through this difficult season.

All that matters to Hecky is that he can keep us still in it until January. Then he can justifiably throw it over to the board. Then they have to decide whether they stick or twist.

It will require our defence to improve. It will need our attacking options to work well. The players between those two groups are not yet settled on success, so we also require a hefty share of good fortune at either end of the pitch.

That’s me being positive regarding our defensive frailties, and our very low percentage of shots on goal.

The opposition will also be aware of their own shortcomings and positives, so the fact that we face Bournemouth and Burnley is not of any greater import than the way we play against any PL side.

I belive we won't go down. We have to start attacking more and making bramall lane a place teams dread to visit.
Instead of trying not to concede let's put any visiting team on the back foot.
Wave lost 2 great blades I knew very well in the past month in granny and matt Hardy. The lane should be rocking v Bournemouth and that passion We are renowned for should inspire the players. Burnley away I'd take a point it won't be easy but 4 points from Bournemouth and Burnley would take us 4 unbeaten and into the Xmas period in a much better shape

Back
Top Bottom