Our support

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Spurs killed the atmosphere by bossing us all over the pitch for approaching an hour. Credit to them.

Expected more to be honest. Nerves and Spurs playing like a team two divisions above kept us quiet.

Also, the away support was immense at times. Best we've seen for many years. Hard to compete with such accomplished fans.

Expected more to be honest. Nerves and Spurs playing like a team two divisions above kept us quiet.

Also, the away support was immense at times. Best we've seen for many years. Hard to compete with such accomplished fans.
Good, yes. But when ther tables were turned, it was rocking and you couldn't hear the Spurs fans.

We're the same the world over - fans need the team to be pressing to raise the excitement.

The support was fantastic in the 2nd half. Overall, both sets of fans were great and it's been a superb cup tie.

And to be honest, shoot me down, but I needed another trip to Wembley like a hole in the head.

I'm pleased with the night's work all round. Good luck to Spurs in the final.

UTB

Good, yes. But when ther tables were turned, it was rocking and you couldn't hear the Spurs fans.

We're the same the world over - fans need the team to be pressing to raise the excitement.

The support was fantastic in the 2nd half. Overall, both sets of fans were great and it's been a superb cup tie.

And to be honest, shoot me down, but I needed another trip to Wembley like a hole in the head.

I'm pleased with the night's work all round. Good luck to Spurs in the final.

UTB

Agree with all that apart from the bit about shooting you, which, frankly, I'm quite tempted to do. Reed's shot over the bar was that one half-chance to make history and it hurts just as much as Mooney* taking that free kick off Michael Brown at Anfield. Of course we'd have lost to Chelsea, but so what.

Anyway, I was impressed with how Spurs went about things and hope they stuff Chelsea.

* the unforgiven twat of all time

We were noisy at the start. Their goal and a nothing 30 mins dampened it
But once we scored and got at them our fans were deafening.
Large away followings are often noisy.
We were at their ground and they were tonight.

People on here were slagging the Spurs support of last week,well what a difference a week makes eh,they were fucking awesome and personally never doubted they had that kind of support.On the other hand,that was propably the worst our support has been for such a big game while ever i can remember,up until the first goal for us.

In the first half when they were all over us like a rash our support needed to galvanise something out of the team,we didn't produce it for them,we were very disappointing as a vocal fanbase tonight,very disappointing indeed and if some people can't see that then i do wonder where they watch the match.

When we scored our support was great,they bricked it in every sense,i can't help but think that we'd have played a lot better in the first half if we'd have shown the same support as we did after the goals,we could have played a crucial part tonight and didn't.We were nothing like we said we was going to be pre match on here,i'm very gutted indeed and Yuley is spot on.

People on here were slagging the Spurs support of last week,well what a difference a week makes eh,they were fucking awesome and personally never doubted they had that kind of support.On the other hand,that was propably the worst our support has been for such a big game while ever i can remember,up until the first goal for us.

In the first half when they were all over us like a rash our support needed to galvanise something out of the team,we didn't produce it for them,we were very disappointing as a vocal fanbase tonight,very disappointing indeed and if some people can't see that then i do wonder where they watch the match.

When we scored our support was great,they bricked it in every sense,i can't help but think that we'd have played a lot better in the first half if we'd have shown the same support as we did after the goals,we could have played a crucial part tonight and didn't.We were nothing like we said we was going to be pre match on here,i'm very gutted indeed and Yuley is spot on.

Players win games not supporters

Players win games not supporters
And that was so obvious tonight! When we got behind the lads tonight,finally,they produced.When you're on your knees and needing that something extra,the fans can give that to the team.I'm not debating what you're saying really but the fans can make the players give that bit more when needed,and whether players win it or not,we were still shite as a vocal fanbase in a semi final of a cup up until we scored,that's not in doubt is it?

Right some may agree some may disagree, but until we scored I didn't think it was the fortress it should've been.. The players in the second half deserve so much praise, please let's go on and win the play-offs.

Spurs drained the atmosphere when they scored. The end of the day it was 2-0 to a top 6 prem club. It was game over, or so we thought.

Massive praise to them all for coming back though. In the end class took them through

Depends where you sit. I used to be on the back of the kop and you can't hear anything else. Now I'm g block South stand and away fans are always the dominant sound. At WHL I was unfortunate to be one seat away from their end. If I was in the middle of us I'd probably have a different opinion of not hearing them. Sadly I heard a lot of individual whining voices telling me it was our cup final.

I said on other threads, away fans are always loud. Tonight the Spurs fans were in good voice and managed to get the top and bottom tier in unison on a few occasions. Must have been great for them.

Even though it was a bit annoying, I love our ground for enabling such an occurrence.

It sounded like their goal drained the fans and the blades might have been a different crowd if Murphy would have put away that chance on the 10th minute.Second half the lads went right after them and our fans sounded good and loud once we scored a big momentum swing for us .tough to allow their second goal just switched off for a moment .

And that was so obvious tonight! When we got behind the lads tonight,finally,they produced.When you're on your knees and needing that something extra,the fans can give that to the team.I'm not debating what you're saying really but the fans can make the players give that bit more when needed,and whether players win it or not,we were still shite as a vocal fanbase in a semi final of a cup up until we scored,that's not in doubt is it?
Says it all

Immense night.

Two quality sets of fans.
I really thought we had blown it but knew we score a lot of very late goals due to our fitness levels.

Your players did you proud.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you are in the Championship next season.

Bring on the rent boys.

There were 'so called' fans around me slagging off Clough as early as 15 minutes into the game - whinging on about having just one up front !
At this time they were already swamping us in midfield !
We did come alive when we scored though!
Cannot believe that many of our 'fans' were leaving the stands with 10 minutes to go before half time to make sure they got their pint - unbelievable !!!

There were 'so called' fans around me slagging off Clough as early as 15 minutes into the game - whinging on about having just one up front !
Cannot believe that many of our 'fans' were leaving the stands with 10 minutes to go before half time to make sure they got their pint - unbelievable !!!
Ah, but some of them never returned to 'their' seats meaning they didn't spoil the second half!

In honesty this is one thing I hate about the big matches. I can't really talk that much as I havent been to the Lane for years (since Derby at home in 2009!) but when I was a more regular attendee when it really annoyed me that for the first 10 minutes you constantly have to be up and down to let a load of late people past to get to their seat. Then from 35 minutes on you have to let them out to go for a piss/pie/pint. Then from 80 minutes they're off home, irrespective of the score. Why go to a game and spend so little time actually watching it in your seat?

In honesty this is one thing I hate about the big matches. I can't really talk that much as I havent been to the Lane for years (since Derby at home in 2009!) but when I was a more regular attendee when it really annoyed me that for the first 10 minutes you constantly have to be up and down to let a load of late people past to get to their seat. Then from 35 minutes on you have to let them out to go for a piss/pie/pint. Then from 80 minutes they're off home, irrespective of the score. Why go to a game and spend so little time actually watching it in your seat?

Excuse me pal, can I just get passed.:)

"You'll never miss the traffic..."

"You'll never miss the traffic..."

I have this argument contstantly with a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder at Chelsea. I go to a few matches with him and without fail, irrespective of score, he leaves as the fourth official puts up the board to say how many minutes are left. He reckons that way he always misses the traffic but surely, even if you sit in traffic for thirty minutes, imagine if you miss that last minute comeback or likewise. Crazy.

For the record, he's still waiting for his ticket for the Bradford replay :)

Morning Blades. Don't beat yourselves up over home support, I find it's the same at every club unless you don't believe you have a chance (and you did) or if you are 3-0 up. I wouldn't be on here if I didn't think you lot were a credit to your club. (Also, I'd like to thank numerous Blades for helping us Spurs fans with directions, parking and pub stuff).
It was an honour to play you in the Semi-Final. Nothing better than playing a proper English club, with great history and a great fan base. You piss on the plastic clubs that we play on a regular basis in the prem. I think you will find that us Spurs fans will be cheering you on all the way Wembley in the FA Cup.

You have the most under-rated manager in English football, keep hold of him and you will be a top championship club and pushing for Prem within 5yrs of that I have no doubt.

Best of luck

COYS

You have the most under-rated manager in English football, keep hold of him and you will be a top championship club and pushing for Prem within 5yrs of that I have no doubt.

Best of luck

COYS

Cheers THFC, I'll keep this for the next "Clough aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht" post after our next defeat...

Cheers THFC, I'll keep this for the next "Clough aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht" post after our next defeat...
Haha. FWIW When we gave AVB the boot I was arguing with fellow Spurs fans that we should hire him over Sherwood. He is a football man, he is young but very experienced, he's English and brings through English talent, stick with him and let him build something.

Back
Top Bottom