Our support

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

People on here were slagging the Spurs support of last week,well what a difference a week makes eh,they were fucking awesome and personally never doubted they had that kind of support.On the other hand,that was propably the worst our support has been for such a big game while ever i can remember,up until the first goal for us.

In the first half when they were all over us like a rash our support needed to galvanise something out of the team,we didn't produce it for them,we were very disappointing as a vocal fanbase tonight,very disappointing indeed and if some people can't see that then i do wonder where they watch the match.

When we scored our support was great,they bricked it in every sense,i can't help but think that we'd have played a lot better in the first half if we'd have shown the same support as we did after the goals,we could have played a crucial part tonight and didn't.We were nothing like we said we was going to be pre match on here,i'm very gutted indeed and Yuley is spot on.
agree with you wizadry but not many teams if any at all have fans who dont need some encouragement to back there team
spurs controled the 1st hour and many fans were resigned to being beat by a far better team .. my opinion is clough anticipated spurs being in control and hoped to keep it low key till 2nd half,erikson put paid to that with an unstopable free kick that gave us a mountain to climb but with some astute substitutes we nearly got there and once the fans sensed it was on the lane was rocking. Kane and Erikson put paid to that with some real quality but what a scare we gave them.
Lets get man utd at the lane and have a go at them and promotion is very much on it may have to be play offs but automatic is still a possibility but we have to beat swindon to pull them back nearer to us and if then we win our games in hand that will put pressure on them but a tall order
It was a great night at the lane with more to come this season"exciting times.

There were 'so called' fans around me slagging off Clough as early as 15 minutes into the game - whinging on about having just one up front !
At this time they were already swamping us in midfield !
We did come alive when we scored though!
Cannot believe that many of our 'fans' were leaving the stands with 10 minutes to go before half time to make sure they got their pint - unbelievable !!!

And that's the difference. Several thousand Blades last night were not 'regular attenders.' Don't expect to see them in a midweek, winter crowd v. Yeovil.

The crowd and the team were simply apprehensive. Spurs achieved the first rule in football when playing away in a big game - 'silence the crowd'.

Let's celebrate a significant performance that shows the club are on an upward trajectory. Flynn, Murphy, Scougs and Baxter are back to their best. Reed had better have a sell-on clause and what about Che?

We are a weird club at the minute,
We are obviously a huge club so we aren't going to be singing and dancing in the isle when we beat good teams in our league like Swindon.
There's still fans who expect us to steamroll every traditionally small team in league 1, there's people who think because we are from sheffield that we should be holding our own with teams like spurs regardless of the squad and finances now too.
I think we know we are underdogs in games like last night, but there's a lot of fans who won't be happy when we get passed of the park like the first half.
Rightly or wrongly we are quite a pessimistic lot, but we still have massive expectations at heart. We will sell out in big games but there's not many grounds in the country where a bad performance, a bad half or even just some bad play can effect the home support the way it does at the lane.
I still think we are some of the best fans around, and not many clubs have had it as bad as us over the last few years but in my opinion the atmosphere does hang in the balance a lot.

UTB

Immense night.

Two quality sets of fans.
I really thought we had blown it but knew we score a lot of very late goals due to our fitness levels.

Your players did you proud.

Good luck for the rest of the season and hope you are in the Championship next season.

Bring on the rent boys.
Good look to you and your team fella
Hope you stuff them in the final

And that's the difference. Several thousand Blades last night were not 'regular attenders.' Don't expect to see them in a midweek, winter crowd v. Yeovil.

The crowd and the team were simply apprehensive. Spurs achieved the first rule in football when playing away in a big game - 'silence the crowd'.

Let's celebrate a significant performance that shows the club are on an upward trajectory. Flynn, Murphy, Scougs and Baxter are back to their best. Reed had better have a sell-on clause and what about Che?
I think it shows how far we have come in cup competitions when we are apprehensive about losing to aside challenging for the Champions League, rather than having no expectation of beating them.

Back
Top Bottom