Suggested Rules for Wilder Return

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I liked Slav and could see what he was trying to do. Unfortunately he fell foul of square pegs in round holes. He had a system that he wanted to play but didn't have the players to utilise it, hence using Brewster as a winger. This was partly because the board went back on their word of backing him in the transfer market. He set up the system and tried to get the players used to it ready for the right players coming in, which never materialised. In the end he woke up and found a system that suited what he did have. The results improved at the very end of his tenure as a result and he was harshly sacked just as things were turning around. I often wonder what might have happened if we'd stuck with him and he'd continued with the right system and tactics that he finished with.
Never was going too happen he just wasn't Bladey enough for the "gerrit forward" Blades.

We know.
You've wrote it on every thread so far.

And I’ll continue to express my opinion.

It’s a joke move to bring him back, just to placate some (not all) of the fan base.

Hecky needs to go but Wilder isn’t the answer.

It’s a joke move to bring him back, just to placate some (not all) of the fan base.

I'd like a young hungry modern (in terms of tactics and analysis) manager that's going to re shape us and bring in a new style and strategy.
BUT,
If you want an immediate impact and you're trying to save the season and possibly even keep us up with what we have, a man that can motivate average players, unite the fan base, build a siege mentality and give out some serious bollocking.
I'd argue Wilder to the end of the season is one of the best appointments (available) that the Prince could make.

These is only one fucking must from me…….stop putting eh on end of every players name. He sounds like Steve Bracknall

Release Brewster Davies Thomas Larouci Jebbison Osborn Fleck Foderingham
Being forced to sign and then immediately releasing Hammond as his first act was a golden moment. Sending Thomas back would be a great first move this time.

if you do come back Chris Eilder ( but I hope you don’t) do not walk away when the going gets tough

Rule number 1 should be him ousting Darren Smith as the clubs unofficial mouthpiece. This current sham of drip feeding information on Twitter sums up everything that is wrong with the club.
Don’t worry, wilders pal Wit is already appearing in comment sections again.

Smith can fuck off

As he unusually divides opinions a few suggestions for him to win some folk back over. Feel free to add your own.

Come back in the back door. You don’t deserve the front door.

Wipe that smirk off your face and show some humility for what you left us with.

Accept you do not have a God given right to manage this club and keep your toys in the pram.

Accept that you do not “have an eye for a player”. You fuck up on signings as much as others.

Accept you have to be rid of some of the dross you thought were worth it. Treat the likes of McBurnie Brewster Fleck Osborne in the same disgraceful way you treated Duffy.

Play some of our youth. They at least have legs that work. You can’t afford to spunk muneh anymore.

Bring back your conditioning and fitness coaches.

Get outta ma pub.
If all the meetings etc are true, he’s coming through the back door.

I was firmly wilder no where near the club, but hecky cannot get a tune out of the players we’ve got. Truthfully think wilder will suffer the same fate, but we’ve got to be seen to be doing something.

If he keeps the toys in the pram, takes ownership and shows the same level of fluidity he showed when we got promoted we will go down with some decorum. If it’s the wilder that relegated us we’ll be just as fucked. Though it’ll be funny seeing him blasting the players in interviews 🤷

The only positive is that the Tufty Club podcast will be aptly named again.

Do you get points for looking pretty? Fuck that. Give me the most turgid dross imaginable if it gets 3 points.
This ...."winning isn't the sign of a good team, its pushing your luck which will run out and not addressing problems, which has led us to the mess of this season".

As he unusually divides opinions a few suggestions for him to win some folk back over. Feel free to add your own.

Accept you do not have a God given right to manage this club and keep your toys in the pram.

Accept that you do not “have an eye for a player”. You fuck up on signings as much as others.

Accept you have to be rid of some of the dross you thought were worth it. Treat the likes of McBurnie Brewster Fleck Osborne in the same disgraceful way you treated Duffy.

Play some of our youth. They at least have legs that work. You can’t afford to spunk muneh anymore.

Get outta ma pub.
He left us in a much better position than he found us. Fleck has been a magnificent player for Sheffield United and is one of our best signings in living memory. Wilder took us from the middle of league one to the Prem with a positive net spend. That's the exact opposite od spunking money. We went down with a wage bill 20-30 million lower than Burnley's (They had the 19th lowest wage bill).

Apart from that little lot, good post...

I'd like a young hungry modern (in terms of tactics and analysis) manager that's going to re shape us and bring in a new style and strategy.
BUT,
If you want an immediate impact and you're trying to save the season and possibly even keep us up with what we have, a man that can motivate average players, unite the fan base, build a siege mentality and give out some serious bollocking.
I'd argue Wilder to the end of the season is one of the best appointments (available) that the Prince could make.

Unite the fan base? He’s already driven a wedge through it by even being rumoured.

Serious bollockings, fine, but it will be after the game for the world to see. Super. That worked a treat last time.

All we really at a point where there’s literally no one else?

I get that you want him in, I don’t, and it’s ok to disagree on that, but it’s a huge step backwards to go from Hecky to Wilder imo.

I just can’t see what will change, we need fresh ideas.

Don't forget he signed Brewster!! Oh you can add Souza to your list as well.
I thought Brewster was a signing at the insistence of the Prince and Wilder didn't want to spend that money on him?

I thought Brewster was a signing at the insistence of the Prince and Wilder didn't want to spend that money on him?
For what it's worth, I heard PH wanted a loan and Wilder insisted signing him. Maybe bolloxs but that's what was doing the rounds at the time.

For what it's worth, I heard PH wanted a loan and Wilder insisted signing him. Maybe bolloxs but that's what was doing the rounds at the time.
Sorry should be PA, it's probably my age🤭

Unite the fan base? He’s already driven a wedge through it by even being rumoured.

Serious bollockings, fine, but it will be after the game for the world to see. Super. That worked a treat last time.

All we really at a point where there’s literally no one else?

I get that you want him in, I don’t, and it’s ok to disagree on that, but it’s a huge step backwards to go from Hecky to Wilder imo.

I just can’t see what will change, we need fresh ideas.
I don't want him back actually, I just understand the fans that do. Yeah, he united the fan base last time more than any other manager in my lifetime, let alone being the most successful.
It's all well and good wanting a change, but we've got players to play a certain way and to match a certain philosophy, we might as well try and be good at what the squad dictate we should play like.

There was an element of humility in his first press conference along with hints that he regretted some of the things that has happened before.

Didn't go as far as I would have liked, though more than I expected, but its something to build on and time to move forward with a decent performance tomorrow.

There was an element of humility in his first press conference along with hints that he regretted some of the things that has happened before.

Didn't go as far as I would have liked, though more than I expected, but its something to build on and time to move forward with a decent performance tomorrow.

Yes. That smirk fooled me for a moment as well. I think he then nipped his leg to stop himself laughing.

You're not reading the script are you mate, he's coming in to *save our season..

Expect the same swagger, confidence / arrogance etc, you can also expect the players to be told in no uncertain terms that the doors over there if you don't want to work hard every game..

I'm well known not to be a fan on how he left, but he gets the job. I back him.

I'd love to see him in the championship with a new team he's built..

Cause were still going down..

*Edit : from his point of view.
And, even if we somehow get promoted, it’ll be a shitshow because PL standard Coach/Manager he ain’t - but it will still be everyone else’s fault.

HE’S CHEAP! Probably doing the job for free as a last ditch attempt to establish some credibility after the shitshow that has been his career since flouncing out last time.

Get outta ma pub.
Sounds like you want him to fail?

Sounds like you want him to fail?
What a strange conclusion to draw. I want success for my football team. As far as I am concerned his previous failings contributed to the demise of my team, just as before his undoubted energy and determination contributed to success.

What a strange conclusion to draw. I want success for my football team. As far as I am concerned his previous failings contributed to the demise of my team, just as before his undoubted energy and determination contributed to success.
Not quite as strange as you focussing on as many negatives as possible.

Back
Top Bottom