The standard has now been set

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladezz

Reaction score
So second half is what all of us blades wants to see on the front foot. Making tackles pouncing on mistakes getting in their faces.

If we had played like the second half for all the games previously I believe we would be out of the relegation zone.

A few on here had started to accept how poor we were playing and blaming the players. Where as the players are clearly capable. Props to Hecky he got them playing like I expected us to play he must have done some team talk at half time.

I haven’t been very supportive of Hecky recently as the performances have been dire. All of the Hecky out shouts will stop if we keep throwing in performances (not results as we will lose even when playing like this). Next 3 games are vital we need the same level of performance otherwise it’s curtains.

Now the standard is set it’s over to Hecky to keep the second half performance up. Hecky should be judged only against second half performance as that’s pretty much our maximum.

Last edited:

So second half is what all of us blades wants to see on the front foot. Making tackles pouncing on mistakes getting in their faces.

If we had played like the second half for all the games previously I believe we would be out of the relegation zone.

A few on here had started to accept how poor we were playing and blaming the players. Where as the players are clearly capable. Props to Hecky he got them playing like I expected us to play he must have done some team talk at half time.

I haven’t been very supportive of Hecky recently as the performances have been dire. All of the Hecky out shouts will stop if we keep throwing in performances (not results as we will lose even when playing like this). Next 3 games are vital we need the same level of performance otherwise it’s curtains.

Now the standard is set it’s over to Hecky to keep the second half performance up. Hecky should be judged only against second half performance as that’s pretty much our maximum.
Your post aludes to Hecky being the problem then, not the players. It makes you wonder what was said in the players meeting midweek. Perhaps the players were fed up of the tactics they were being asked to play and the captain went to Hecky after to voice the collective concerns?

That’s the second half we needed to put in v Palace, Newcastle and Arsenal

100% I think if we'd reached these levels for the 90 minutes against Man U we would have taken them (and possibly Forest)

Baldock and McAtee made a huge difference on Saturday, particularly after McAtee came on for the second half. Their skill and aggression inspired the rest of the team.

My issue with Hecky was always that this is the Sheffield United we would have under Wilder. Potentially rubbish but trying.

Let’s see if it was a good half or if this is now our new standard.

If this is our new standard then Hecky should stay on. I have been more vocal than most.

Brighton is the first test. If we don’t do it then when we won’t have the ball then it’s lights out for him. As now we know the players can do it.

Now we will see today. We need 90 minutes today like we did against Wolves second half.

If Brighton are just too strong for us / score a worldie or whatever. Let’s at least put out a performance that is something to be proud of.

Going for a 1-1 draw today.

Back
Top Bottom