Suggested Rules for Wilder Return

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Shawy24

Reaction score
As he unusually divides opinions a few suggestions for him to win some folk back over. Feel free to add your own.

Come back in the back door. You don’t deserve the front door.

Wipe that smirk off your face and show some humility for what you left us with.

Accept you do not have a God given right to manage this club and keep your toys in the pram.

Accept that you do not “have an eye for a player”. You fuck up on signings as much as others.

Accept you have to be rid of some of the dross you thought were worth it. Treat the likes of McBurnie Brewster Fleck Osborne in the same disgraceful way you treated Duffy.

Play some of our youth. They at least have legs that work. You can’t afford to spunk muneh anymore.

Bring back your conditioning and fitness coaches.

Get outta ma pub.

Rules for the fans. Stop justifying below par performances and lack of tactical nuance just because we're winning. It's not like the warning signs weren't there last season, they just got ignored because of the results. Too many fans defended sub standard performances when we were crap for the majority of games and relying on an individual piece of brilliance from Ndiaye.

Win, lose, draw - play well for 90 minutes. I can live with this.

Win, lose, draw - play crap for 90 minutes. Not acceptable.

Don't go giving me this "playing badly and winning is the sign of a good team" cliche either.

Playing well and winning every week then having an off day and winning is the sign of a good team. Playing below standard every week and winning isn't the sign of a good team, its pushing your luck which will run out at some point. This and not addressing problems has led us to the mess of this season.

No more accepting mediocrity. Win, lose or draw we shouldn't accept piss poor football.

When you get to Bramall Lane, keep walking.

Heavily backed, avoided international scouting and youth, threw the players under a bus, had no plan B, blamed everyone for his lack of vision and left with a payoff.

Anyone happy about this needs to remember we got promoted last season with Ndiaye, who Wilder wouldn’t play and ultimately started the contract issues with him.

Rules for the fans. Stop justifying below par performances and lack of tactical nuance just because we're winning. It's not like the warning signs weren't there last season, they just got ignored because of the results.

Win, lose, draw - play well for 90 minutes. I can live with this.

Win, lose, draw - play crap for 90 minutes. Not acceptable.

Don't go giving me this "playing badly and winning is the sign of a good team" cliche either.

Playing well and winning every week then having an off day and winning is the sign of a good team. Playing below standard every week and winning isn't the sign of a good team, its pushing your luck which will run out and not addressing problems, which has led us to the mess of this season.

No more accepting mediocrity. Win, lose or draw we shouldn't accept piss poor football.
Do you get points for looking pretty? Fuck that. Give me the most turgid dross imaginable if it gets 3 points.

When you get to Bramall Lane, keep walking.

Heavily backed, avoided international scouting and youth, threw the players under a bus, had no plan B, blamed everyone for his lack of vision and left with a payoff.

Anyone happy about this needs to remember we got promoted last season with Ndiaye, who Wilder wouldn’t play and ultimately started the contract issues with him.
To be fair, I think I can see why he avoided the advice of our international scouting now.

I can’t hate on Wilder. I don’t want him beyond end of season even if he keeps us up. Wilder is accepting this club will always have a certain identity and culture. I want out of our identity now and I want a new 10year plan with a manager who has the bollocks to change us top to bottom.

Do you get points for looking pretty? Fuck that. Give me the most turgid dross imaginable if it gets 3 points.
And that's why we're in this mess because too many fans can't see past results and ignore, accept and tolerate crap performances. No offence, but wouldn't it be hypocritical of you to moan and criticise the team if we lost and played as badly as we did when we won? That makes no sense.

The win against Wolves was papering over the cracks. We were crap and deserved a draw a best. I never celebrated that win nor the undeserved draw against Brighton as absolutely nothing had changed on the pitch. We were still awful and I knew what was coming next, as could anyone with half a brain cell.

Most of us would take a win now no matter how we played, good or bad, myself included. But next season back in the Championship this mentality needs to stop.

By the way, I'm not trying to start an argument or pick on you. So apologies if you're offended by me singling you out.

Last edited:

As he unusually divides opinions a few suggestions for him to win some folk back over. Feel free to add your own.

Accept you do not have a God given right to manage this club and keep your toys in the pram.

Accept that you do not “have an eye for a player”. You fuck up on signings as much as others.

Accept you have to be rid of some of the dross you thought were worth it. Treat the likes of McBurnie Brewster Fleck Osborne in the same disgraceful way you treated Duffy.

Play some of our youth. They at least have legs that work. You can’t afford to spunk muneh anymore.

Get outta ma pub.

You're not reading the script are you mate, he's coming in to *save our season..

Expect the same swagger, confidence / arrogance etc, you can also expect the players to be told in no uncertain terms that the doors over there if you don't want to work hard every game..

I'm well known not to be a fan on how he left, but he gets the job. I back him.

I'd love to see him in the championship with a new team he's built..

Cause were still going down..

*Edit : from his point of view.

Reactions: NAP
Can we get our own house in order please?

Can someone confirm if we are allowed to start Wilder threads on this forum again?

First three things he needs to do is to bring back both "Fatlad" and "Jags" to the staff and get rid of the defensive coach if he is still here.

Anybody who criticises him has got a hole in their head.
Just like anybody who criticises Paul Heckingbottom does.

Pair of legends who saved this club from oblivion.

Totally agree.

I had concerns about Hecky last season but to be honest, pragmatism was the order of the day.
Last season...our finances were bad but we still risked everything by keeping N'Diaye and Berge.

There could be no excuses....Hecky had to be promoted by any means.
He achieved his target and deserves massive credit and thanks for saving us, he's also a good bloke too.

Regards Wilder he's given me my best times supporting us in nearly 50 years.
Never known us play away at the likes of Arsenal and Spurs before and have zero fear being fairly confident we would win.
That 1st half at home to Man Utd where we totally outclassed them playing like Barcelona going in 2-0 at half time will live long in the memory.

Three key things:

1. Get the fans sufficiently on board - if there's too much hostility and not enough backing, it won't work

2. Change the squad personnel sufficiently so not too many from his previous spell remain

3. Lose the bitterness and the ego that characterised his last months, and rediscover the kind of attitude he had when he first came in

3 might be most difficult, but all are realistic. Do these things and he could easily be successful again

I will back him 100%

Anybody who criticises him has got a hole in their head.
Just like anybody who criticises Paul Heckingbottom does.

Pair of legends who saved this club from oblivion.
Accurate indeed.

Think despite everything Hecky's run his course this season. It needs a fresh impetus. We need some more fight and press than we are showing and we need to see some new ideas as well.

Get outta ma pub.
I'll grant you the humility aspect of things, however he isn't going to do any of the above. Practically admitting defeat before it's started.
You can have counter arguments against "eye for players", and "dross signed". Wilder just like Hecky has brought in good players as well as "dross".

And that's why we're in this mess because too many fans can't see past results and ignore, accept and tolerate crap performances. No offence, but wouldn't it be hypocritical of you to moan and criticise the team if we lost and played as badly as we did when we won? That makes no sense.

The win against Wolves was papering over the cracks. We were crap and deserved a draw a best. I never celebrated that win nor the undeserved draw against Brighton as absolutely nothing had changed on the pitch. We were still awful and I knew what was coming next, as could anyone with half a brain cell.

Most of us would take a win now no matter how we played, good or bad, myself included. But next season back in the Championship this mentality needs to stop.

By the way, I'm not trying to start an argument or pick on you. So apologies if you're offended by me singling you out.

Very much agree.

Results are a short term solution, it's what's in the surface
but if you're interested in the long term and want an insight into future results then you look at performances, this is the underlying factor and nearer the truth regards how good or bad we are.

For example we lost 3-1 at home to Bournemouth last week.
Any Blades who didn't attend, might think it's a poor result against a relegation rival.
However I thought the result was one of the few positives, the reality of the situation is that Bourmouth totally outclassed us.
They not only had more quality, but had bigger/ stronger and faster players, they look well coached and highly motivated giving full effort.
They looked a team where as we looked like a rabble of individuals who had just met. We looked several levels below them.
We were exceptionally lucky to only lose 3-1, a fair result would have been 4 or 5-0 and we could have even lost 7-0.

Wonder if he'll carry on saying how much the opposition spent compared to us?

The best thing he can do is start off by apologising for his various conduct and previous mistakes and move forward from there.

I think he'll be too proud to do that, but let's see.

Wilder is a very good speaker...I'm sure he'll be impressive, say all the right things.
Sooner or later he'll make Winston Churchill type speeches asking for the fanbase to ramp up the BL atmosphere to make it hostile again.

Wilder is a very good speaker...I'm sure he'll be impressive, say all the right things.
Sooner or later he'll make Winston Churchill type speeches asking for the fanbase to ramp up the BL atmosphere to make it hostile again.

I hope you're right.

I hope he doesn't blame the players, the facilities, the board, the fans etc when things go wrong and takes responsibiliteh where appropriate.

I also hopes that he changes the system.

Back
Top Bottom