Suggested Rules for Wilder Return

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The best thing he can do is start off by apologising for his various conduct and previous mistakes and move forward from there.

I think he'll be too proud to do that, but let's see.
"No--- I won't do that." Sorry Mr Loaf.

I can’t hate on Wilder. I don’t want him beyond end of season even if he keeps us up. Wilder is accepting this club will always have a certain identity and culture. I want out of our identity now and I want a new 10year plan with a manager who has the bollocks to change us top to bottom.
Like Slav was trying to but every fucker wanted him gone?

The best thing they can do is announce him as a manager but say that he doesn't officially start until Thursday, that way he doesn't get off to a start with a 5-0 or 6-0 mauling. The last thing we need is fans booing off the team in his first game in charge and then this board being full of posts saying "See, we told you sacking Hecky and bringing back Wilder would be a mistake."

Let him focus on Brentford on Saturday as his first match.

Like Slav was trying to but every fucker wanted him gone?
I liked Slav and could see what he was trying to do. Unfortunately he fell foul of square pegs in round holes. He had a system that he wanted to play but didn't have the players to utilise it, hence using Brewster as a winger. This was partly because the board went back on their word of backing him in the transfer market. He set up the system and tried to get the players used to it ready for the right players coming in, which never materialised. In the end he woke up and found a system that suited what he did have. The results improved at the very end of his tenure as a result and he was harshly sacked just as things were turning around. I often wonder what might have happened if we'd stuck with him and he'd continued with the right system and tactics that he finished with.

He needs to get in there and start lifting the players spirits. Be bullish and confident. Get some smiles back on faces. And above all. Make some tough calls.

He wouldn't be my choice. But we are here now so he needs some backing from us.

Come on CW!! Come on Blades!!

He needs to get in there and start lifting the players spirits. Be bullish and confident. Get some smiles back on faces. And above all. Make some tough calls.

He wouldn't be my choice. But we are here now so he needs some backing from us.

Come on CW!! Come on Blades!!
More importantly don't be afraid to get nasty and pull out the hair dryer at half/full time.

Wilder isn't the right appointment but he's relatively cheap, knows a lot of the players and can step in straight away so with our current ownership it's the nearest branch they can grab onto.
Football's changed though from his glory days and the insular approach to signing players has no chance of working at Premier level and probably now the level below.
Remarkable that a club that's spent three of the last five years in the Prem with all the benefits that's brought could have such little vision, planning or scouting infrastructure to make a change that fits with some or any kind of longer-term development.

As he unusually divides opinions a few suggestions for him to win some folk back over. Feel free to add your own.

Come back in the back door. You don’t deserve the front door.

Wipe that smirk off your face and show some humility for what you left us with.

Accept you do not have a God given right to manage this club and keep your toys in the pram.

Accept that you do not “have an eye for a player”. You fuck up on signings as much as others.

Accept you have to be rid of some of the dross you thought were worth it. Treat the likes of McBurnie Brewster Fleck Osborne in the same disgraceful way you treated Duffy.

Play some of our youth. They at least have legs that work. You can’t afford to spunk muneh anymore.

Bring back your conditioning and fitness coaches.

Get outta ma pub.

You lost my interest at Osborne

I liked Slav and could see what he was trying to do. Unfortunately he fell foul of square pegs in round holes. He had a system that he wanted to play but didn't have the players to utilise it, hence using Brewster as a winger. This was partly because the board went back on their word of backing him in the transfer market. He set up the system and tried to get the players used to it ready for the right players coming in, which never materialised. In the end he woke up and found a system that suited what he did have. The results improved at the very end of his tenure as a result and he was harshly sacked just as things were turning around. I often wonder what might have happened if we'd stuck with him and he'd continued with the right system and tactics that he finished with.
He was changing the culture of club too… with all the coaches he brought in etc. like you say … once again … the prince fucked him over

Sharp, Jagielka, Hodges 😴

Let's have Wally Downes and Geoff Taylor back too.

was sad i wont get to sing the hecky and stuart mccalll song any more, but we never win so never sing it any more anyway

When you get to Bramall Lane, keep walking.

Heavily backed, avoided international scouting and youth, threw the players under a bus, had no plan B, blamed everyone for his lack of vision and left with a payoff.

Anyone happy about this needs to remember we got promoted last season with Ndiaye, who Wilder wouldn’t play and ultimately started the contract issues with him.
We know.
You've wrote it on every thread so far.

When you get to Bramall Lane, keep walking.

Heavily backed, avoided international scouting and youth, threw the players under a bus, had no plan B, blamed everyone for his lack of vision and left with a payoff.

Anyone happy about this needs to remember we got promoted last season with Ndiaye, who Wilder wouldn’t play and ultimately started the contract issues with him.
Ndiaye did pretty well in his first season in the Championship.
Expecting he would have had the same impact in the Prem with no experience is stretching it but the general point about youth development still stands.
Either way, can't see Iliman coming back on loan now...

whoever comes in (but same has to be true with Wilder) has to be given the target of getting us back into the prem at the end of next season. No point throwing money (not that there is any...) at this season and Wilder's past premier league recruitment was... poo.

This current crop of players has the making of a good Championship side, who can we add to make it a squad that has played together for 18 months and bring in quality to then make us capable of surviving PL next time round. If Jebbo and Osula are good enough, great, get them on good contracts and tie them in, if they aren't, get rid.

Same with most of the squad, either they want to be here for that journey, or not.

I don't really think Wilder is the answer, I kind of hope he is, but I also don't know who else I would want and at least he (for his faults) loves the club

Rule 17. No slapping the badge on your anorak until appropriate.
Rule 44. Remember the Alamo.
Rule 98. Norwood is not Zidane.
Rule 127. Eleven left on the pitch at the final whistle.
Rule 143. Redemption must be earned.
Rule 186. In the words of Saint Neil, you've got to fucking die to get three points.
Rule 201. Spinach.

There may be others.....

If you really are a blade Wilder walk in the front door and straight out the back door you know where that is.

Back
Top Bottom