Your worst Blades take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I didn't think Harry Maguire would ever play any higher than low end PL / high end Championship due to his lack of pace and turning ability.

I thought Ryan Leonard was exactly what we needed.
I thought Samir Carruthers was going to be great for us too.

I thought Mousset was going to be our record-sale at £40m+.

Tony Battersby was going to be the next Tony Currie.

When we signed Billy Sharp under Adkins I said on Facebook something along the lines of, "Why? He's failed twice already so what makes anyone think it will work third time around?"

Cricket-related, when Botham resigned as England captain after the second Ashes Test of 1981, I was aghast when he was selected for Headingley. "He doesn't merit selection for the squad on current form," I announced.

I thought Michael Higdon would come good once he was “match fit” 🤦🏼
That‘s another one of those “ooooh, he looks like a good signing” moments, which shows that either he didn't live up to his potential, or I’m a fucking idiot.

As an aside I remember being in the Rutland with, I think, raul and others, and meeting some Motherwell fans who’d come down to watch him play for us one Saturday. He didn’t even make the bench. That’s how fucking gash he was.

I wonder if a certain Derby striker would be available…and I don’t mean Osula.

I thought sitting in the John street stand would be better than the Kop, turns out it wasn’t any different

I thought Willie Falkoner was a great signing and would be the difference between us staying up comfortably and not going down to the wire as usual

I’ve said a few times that Hecky would be wanted out by the end of the season.

I thought Lee Hendrie was a good signing and we would comfortably be top 2.

During lockdown I was suggesting Berge should be starting a head of Norwood.

Remember seeing Samir Carruthers on his debut.
What a player, had tricks and flicks reminding me of the mercurial Adel Tarabt of QPR.
Was convinced we'd made a great signing. Such a talent but there's obviously something missing as he's spent the last few years in the non-league.

Remember when Nigel Atkins joined us and being really impressed with his style and demeanour.
He had a great track record of success and was so upbeat and positive during his pre and post match interviews.
Made such a change from the manager he replaced, the dour down beat Nigel Clough.
Had a good feeling we'd do well with Atkins, how wrong could you be.
In the end his constant positivity really got on my nerves, we could have lost 3-0 and in the post match interview he'd still be smiling talking about positives.

After the great cup run and day at wembley, i thought and hoped clough would become a blades legend and do to us what his dad did at derby and even more so at the scabs. i'm still surprised how badly it went wrong.

That Traianos Dellas was an imposter who had no footballing ability whatsoever.

Then he played a large part in helping Greece win the Euros in 2004.

After seeing plenty writing Jebbo off already, calling for a Ched return, and saying they’d sell Berge for 10 mil in January, its reminded me that we are all extremely wrong sometimes.

What opinion of yours about United has time taken the piss out of?

I’ll start with a couple of my own:
- Thought George Long was nailed on as a future England number 1.
- I was convinced that The Moose would fire us into Europe in the 2nd prem season, and in the end he only fired himself into Europe, propelled entirely by the power of his KFC-farts.

in 2012 righting off our chances v stevenage in 2012 saying our forward line up consists of Injured Suspended Jailed & Useless. Useless (porter) took us to wembley

i guess currently that brewster will come good

we need to find a replacement for Billy sharp. in july 2020. as we cant be relying on him as he's getting too old

Slav needs to sort out the non existant defence & we will fly up the league, attacking wise it was some of best football id seen

Heckingbottom is a cheap appointment

After seeing plenty writing Jebbo off already, calling for a Ched return, and saying they’d sell Berge for 10 mil in January, its reminded me that we are all extremely wrong sometimes.

What opinion of yours about United has time taken the piss out of?

I’ll start with a couple of my own:
- Thought George Long was nailed on as a future England number 1.
- I was convinced that The Moose would fire us into Europe in the 2nd prem season, and in the end he only fired himself into Europe, propelled entirely by the power of his KFC-farts.
Terry Curran. Enough said

I still live in hope that we'll re sign Michael brown

I thought dean hammond would be a key player for us for years, instead he had the agility, football brain and passion of a pickled onion ( I would rather squeeze the vinegar into my eyes than watch any old footage of him playing )

I thought McBurnie was irredeemably shit. He proved me wrong, I thought Heckingbottom was going to get United relegated:if he does, it's going to be from the Premier league. I thought Ched Evans would be crap in League one yet thirty goals later I realised that he wasn't that bad.

After the great cup run and day at wembley, i thought and hoped clough would become a blades legend and do to us what his dad did at derby and even more so at the scabs. i'm still surprised how badly it went wrong.
I remember emailing a bookies' to get odds on us doing 2 successive promotions, such was the optimism surrounding the start of Clough's second season.

Should've got the odds on 2 succssive treading waters instead

Back
Top Bottom