Your worst Blades take

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tongeincheek

Reaction score
After seeing plenty writing Jebbo off already, calling for a Ched return, and saying they’d sell Berge for 10 mil in January, its reminded me that we are all extremely wrong sometimes.

What opinion of yours about United has time taken the piss out of?

I’ll start with a couple of my own:
- Thought George Long was nailed on as a future England number 1.
- I was convinced that The Moose would fire us into Europe in the 2nd prem season, and in the end he only fired himself into Europe, propelled entirely by the power of his KFC-farts.

Not me. But when Steve Kabba was going through a purple patch, my dad thought he was as good or if not better than Saha at Man United. Can’t remember his exact words, but I know I told him to “simmer down” or something similar,

Think I won’t be alone on this one, but thought Wilder was like a rabbit in headlights after the Southend defeat and was convinced we’d be relegated to League 2 that season.

A mate of mine branded Jordan Chapell as the second coming on Cristiano Ronaldo based on… actually I have no idea even now.

Conor Dimaio would play for England.

This was after I watched his debut against Rotherham.

I think he got snapped up super-quickly by the Irish youth teams, so he would have had to go down the Rice/Grealish “traitor” route to represent the 3 lions… also it goes without saying that he would have had to have been less crap.

I told anyone who would listen that we were nailed on to get 100 points when Adkins was appointed.

I also said Jagielka would never make it as a footballer.

Norwood was finished after that 2nd Premier League season.

Thought Currie would be quite good 👍

I thought Bruno Ribeiro made us cosmopolitan and would be great , especially after WBA away ! Also thought a young Brian Deane was going to be a donkey !! Youthful stupidity!
As ever UTB !!

I thought that the signing of Steve Finnieston in 1978 was so good that it would fire us to immediate success.

I later thought exactly the same about the signing of Alan Young.

How wrong could I be.

I've never bothered getting excited about new signings since those two great let downs.

I suggested that Wilder was out of his depth in his first Championship season. Turns out I was quite wrong, and got some hammer about it on here 😂

Back
Top Bottom