Your SF experience?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Got up at 9

Took dogs for a walk

Had a fry up brunch

Had a round of golf

Mates came round around 4

Watched match - had a couple of Leffes

After match had dinner - home made steak n ale pie , peas and chips with a lovely Primitivo

Watched Match of The Day

Bed at around 11.30

Great day

So after spending too much over this weekend and generally not enjoying the experience, I’ve broke down on the fucking M1 with a potential bill over £500 for an injector to top it all off. Brilliant 😂

Attachments

• C91ECD54-E8E3-4DC0-A99B-9753F9893CFA.jpeg
    C91ECD54-E8E3-4DC0-A99B-9753F9893CFA.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77
My day SF day started at the Playa Bastian bus stop in Costa Teguise. I did consider watching in our apartment but decided to make a day of it and go to the Dog and Duck , a Blades bar, in Puerta Del Carmen where I knew we' d be with like minded Blades fans.
Stood at the stop, in my Blades top, got talking to a Newcastle fan who wished us luck and hoped we did ok. Talking to another couple there, who were Birmingham fans , they also wished us good luck. Apparently Khadra is playing quite well for them, but also disappears in some games.
The bus, when it arrived, late, was packed, (there is a shortage of bus drivers). Throughout the journey several passengers offered their good wishes for us.
We arrived in Puerta Del Carmen in plenty of time. As we walked on the front, at several places I met with Blades who were on holiday. Pleasantries were exchanged with them all each time. The concensus being we are going to get hammered by Citeh but lets enjoy the day.
We went for a pre match meal to a restaurant just round the corner from the Dog and Duck called Cascada. As I walked in the waiter greeted us and shook my hand saying 'Ahh Sheffield Utd, good luck today', a nice touch. Fabulous meal too.
Getting to Dog and Duck intially we were first Blades there, But staff all had Blades tops on. Eventually we were about 12 strong. The banter was great. All Blades together. We knew the inevitable was going to happen and just enjoyed the event.
Getting back to Costa Teguise we had a friend pick us up as we had a birthday party to attend.
All in all it was a lovely day. Myself and Mrs DJBK enjoyed it.
It was good to see that generally football fans, whoever they support, can be gracious and good natured towards other teams fans.

Now lets put this season to bed with a win on wednesday night.

So after spending too much over this weekend and generally not enjoying the experience, I’ve broke down on the fucking M1 with a potential bill over £500 for an injector to top it all off. Brilliant 😂
It’s a caddy so not really a surprise. I’ve got a caddy maxi as I need the space… since I’ve started my job it’s had a wiring loom, 2x Knox Sensor and a water pump. Also add that the engine management light may aswell be a permanent fixture… not bad for a van that’s not old enough for an MOT and is about 400 miles shy of 90,000 on the clock. 😂

Luckily my dads branch of the same company have moved to cars so we went down in his Kuga as my van would have hated the journey 😂 that and lightfoot is harsher in mine than his as it doesn’t detect the electric mode in his so he can give it some boot 😬😂

Reactions: RWE
It’s a caddy so not really a surprise. I’ve got a caddy maxi as I need the space… since I’ve started my job it’s had a wiring loom, 2x Knox Sensor and a water pump. Also add that the engine management light may aswell be a permanent fixture… not bad for a van that’s not old enough for an MOT and is about 400 miles shy of 90,000 on the clock. 😂

Luckily my dads branch of the same company have moved to cars so we went down in his Kuga as my van would have hated the journey 😂 that and lightfoot is harsher in mine than his as it doesn’t detect the electric mode in his so he can give it some boot 😬😂
😂😂 advice to myself in future, stay away from that horrendous 1.6tdi 😂 only done 70k so looking forward to all those problems haha

Left at 10.30, parked up at work in Watford at 1.30 but felt sorry for the broken down bus of Blades we passed on the M1.
Must not have been an easy fix as everyone was sat outside the bus - hope you all got there.

😂😂 advice to myself in future, stay away from that horrendous 1.6tdi 😂 only done 70k so looking forward to all those problems haha
Mines 2l but we do mega mileage, average 1000 per week.

With that mileage I’m surprised you’ve not had a water pump yet 😂

Reactions: RWE
Mines 2l but we do mega mileage, average 1000 per week.

With that mileage I’m surprised you’ve not had a water pump yet 😂
Thankfully it was changed with cam belt when first buying it, bloody vehicles ey 😂

My day SF day started at the Playa Bastian bus stop in Costa Teguise. I did consider watching in our apartment but decided to make a day of it and go to the Dog and Duck , a Blades bar, in Puerta Del Carmen where I knew we' d be with like minded Blades fans.
Stood at the stop, in my Blades top, got talking to a Newcastle fan who wished us luck and hoped we did ok. Talking to another couple there, who were Birmingham fans , they also wished us good luck. Apparently Khadra is playing quite well for them, but also disappears in some games.
The bus, when it arrived, late, was packed, (there is a shortage of bus drivers). Throughout the journey several passengers offered their good wishes for us.
We arrived in Puerta Del Carmen in plenty of time. As we walked on the front, at several places I met with Blades who were on holiday. Pleasantries were exchanged with them all each time. The concensus being we are going to get hammered by Citeh but lets enjoy the day.
We went for a pre match meal to a restaurant just round the corner from the Dog and Duck called Cascada. As I walked in the waiter greeted us and shook my hand saying 'Ahh Sheffield Utd, good luck today', a nice touch. Fabulous meal too.
Getting to Dog and Duck intially we were first Blades there, But staff all had Blades tops on. Eventually we were about 12 strong. The banter was great. All Blades together. We knew the inevitable was going to happen and just enjoyed the event.
Getting back to Costa Teguise we had a friend pick us up as we had a birthday party to attend.
All in all it was a lovely day. Myself and Mrs DJBK enjoyed it.
It was good to see that generally football fans, whoever they support, can be gracious and good natured towards other teams fans.

Now lets put this season to bed with a win on wednesday night.
My favourite bar in lanzarote for maybe obvious reasons, however great for watching games and always attracts fans of other clubs

Left S12 at 10.00 a.m. No stop, a trouble free drive and got to pre-arranged parking spot just 10 mins walk from stadium at 1:35pm. Couple of pints and food in The Arch near Wembley rail station. Got to stadium about 3.45 pm, wander round perimeter and then a beer inside. Slow getaway afterwards on the North Circular but once on M1 ok. Stop for food at Newport Pagnell and home at 11:15 pm. Thought team did as well as it could but two soft goals conceded and a bad miss by us after 4 minutes. Great day though and thought Blades fans did great.

Coach 11 with Kaz. Eventually left about 10.
Newport Pagnell in good time, a beer couple of songs, see a few people I haven't for a while. Driver confident we'll be there for one.
Pull up to the coach park at 2.25
Green Man further away than I remember. One of ours is 60+ and with a bad knee so scouts sent ahead to get in the queues. Phone back, no real queues, happy days. Loads of fun in there, brilliant atmosphere, run into more I've not seen in an age.
A couple of Guiness in honour of Dozy then into the ground. Decent enough atmosphere inside (126, row 16) but didn't think it was as good as others have said.
Walk back to the coach, see a fat prick United fan try to start a fight, fails o nicks a scarf off a line City fan kid and starts launching horse shit around with his bare hands
Feels like 100 years in the coach park, eventually leaving at about 8.25 (never again)
Straightforward journey home, wife picked me up from the BP on Birley Moor Rd and back home about 12.30.

Set off driving from Dirty North Leeds at 8am.

Collected others on route, firstly in Sheffield, and then in Cambridge.

Carried on to the ‘Official Wembley Car Park’ - God, the route from Cambridge to Wembley, through Hertfordshire is depressing; what an awful, awful part of the country that must be to live in.

Walked from the car park up to the stadium, thinking that the area has become an even bigger dump than I remembered from previous visits. A £billion national stadium and there seems to have been next to nothing done to make the surrounding area remotely befitting.

Took seats in Block 235 early and then wondered why a large number of other Blades - just as too many do at the Lane - aren’t inclined to get to their seats to greet the team or, indeed, in time for kick-off. I can only assume that the refreshments were exceptional.

Enjoyed the lads executing their plans almost perfectly for 41 minutes, but then a rash moment from an inexperienced youngster pretty much ended the tussle as a game.

Blades fans still in great voice on the way out, though.

Thought that the stadium is already starting to look very shabby. Given the number of games that the FA cram into it, though, perhaps that isn’t surprising.

Caught train at Rugby at 9.30ish, was rammed with day trippers and fans of a range of teams. Stood all the way down but got in at 10.30 and heads to pub in Soho. After a few refreshing pints we went across to eat at London Bridge, Casa do Frango which was excellent, peri peri chicken, African rice, chorizo and pickles, ham croquettes.. and wine and cocktails, then almond cake with Madeira.

Then Jubilee line up to Wembley and sat up in the sky. Strange emotions, a Semi Final no less, but it felt more like a friendly than a blood and thunder experience. More of an NFL atmosphere than a football one.

Walked back to Wembley Central, tube to Harrow and Wealdstone where we caught the train to Milton Keynes and then another to Rugby. Was all very punctual but busy.. until “trespassers on the line” just outside Rugby (could have got off the train and walked ten minutes home) and we sat there for half an hour.

Over all, a grand day out despite the result.
I was on the same train there and back as you.

Got shitfaced around London all day and night. 90 minutes of football in between.

I hate Wembley.

Were you on one of the Andrews coaches??
Nope. But it was a coach day for me.

Landed back in Sheffield at 23:45 !!

Taxis like rocking horse shit.

Home for 00:30.

I’ll think twice about it in future. 1st and last time on a coach !!!

Sadly I suspect the correct way to do this is train day before, 2 nights stay over, train back day after game.

I’ll start saving up now !!!

UTB

The Wembley experience.

Journey from hell going down only to find all pubs close an hour before kick off,wtf! So limited time to drink and savour the atmosphere before kick out time .
( Is this an FA way to get people inside and buying even more overpriced crap??)

Longest journey home ever, could have made an Atlantic crossing in a sail boast quicker than Wembley to Sheffield.

All in all I hated it...compared to say the millennium stadium in Cardiff it's a souless bowl that holds zero atmosphere.
The playoff final against wolves was amazing atmosphere wise in comparison and every Wembley trip no matter the occasion or opposition has resulted in anything other than disjointed signing that just seems to float away .

Also spent more time in the bus park than in the actual stadium watching the match.

Match 6/10
Wembley experience 0/10

Also the kid in front of me who literally sang for the full match and wouldn't sit down and stuck his arms out and flung them around like a wind turbine the entire time...Jesus wept, don't do drugs kids.

Got up at 9

Took dogs for a walk

Had a fry up brunch

Had a round of golf

Mates came round around 4

Watched match - had a couple of Leffes

After match had dinner - home made steak n ale pie , peas and chips with a lovely Primitivo

Watched Match of The Day

Bed at around 11.30

Great day
Wish I'd had an invite. Would have brought shed loads of good food and drink and saved a nightmare journey to an utter toilet and back with some bobbar in between. PM me next time. Thanks.

Yes I was travelling to Crewe for my Chester connection.My word that train was hot when it got hold up for the tresspassers.
Really was.. we were congratulating ourselves on a well planned journey home up until that point, but just one of those things I guess. Lady HB came over all faint.. but was revived at HQ. Both of us felt a little “delicate” this morning mind.

Flew down to London on Thursday afternoon.
Friday was a day spent in the apartment on Cadogan Square.
Saturday was early morning at the tailor, you may know it, Oliver Brown?
Then driven to the match as I don't in London anymore.
It really is a grand view from the Royal Box area where we could all hear the United end far louder than those from Manchester.
Shame about the result, but that's football.
Watched the match from the 60th minute in the car back to Cadogan on the plasma in the Bentley.
In bed by 19.00 as I was absolutely shattered from the day's exertions.

Would like to know about the Blades who went, was the day a good one? (Apart from result)

Ours wasn't the best..
. Left Woodseats at 10.15am due to driver.
. Caught in traffic at Chesterfield bypass for 1 hour.
. In more traffic around Milton Keynes.
Arrived in London at 2.45 (4 and half hours later).
. Got off around the pubs where Man City fans were drinking (dont ask) so obviously it was all packed and we was getting funny looks.
. Finally got our first pints in Wembley stadium at 3.15pm so on the end it wasn't too bad.
. Got on the coach at 7pm after game and was home for 12.30am due to getting out of the coach park etc.

I love london...... 🤣🤣🤣😴😴😴
About the same, back in Chapeltown for midnight, Green Man tickets a waste of money.
Seats were in the gods. Enjoyed it, but, it was a long day.
Bring on Wednesday night. 👍👍

Wish I'd had an invite. Would have brought shed loads of good food and drink and saved a nightmare journey to an utter toilet and back with some bobbar in between. PM me next time. Thanks.
Mate

You’re always welcome - next semi final just get in touch

🥳

Back
Top Bottom