Your SF experience?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ndiayewillalwaysloveyou

Loyal blade ⚔️
Reaction score
Would like to know about the Blades who went, was the day a good one? (Apart from result)

Ours wasn't the best..
. Left Woodseats at 10.15am due to driver.
. Caught in traffic at Chesterfield bypass for 1 hour.
. In more traffic around Milton Keynes.
Arrived in London at 2.45 (4 and half hours later).
. Got off around the pubs where Man City fans were drinking (dont ask) so obviously it was all packed and we was getting funny looks.
. Finally got our first pints in Wembley stadium at 3.15pm so on the end it wasn't too bad.
. Got on the coach at 7pm after game and was home for 12.30am due to getting out of the coach park etc.

I love london...... 🤣🤣🤣😴😴😴

We left at 10.
Great drive down. Bit of traffic at j14.
Parked up at stanmore
Straight on tube.
No beer as we had kids.
Walked down a pretty empty Wembley way at around 2 ish.
Lap of stadium...load of photos with kids.
Into ground at 2.45. Quiet pint on empty concourse.
Videos of ground.
Took seats as crowd grew.
Magnificent day.
Pissed up young lads behind us were brilliant.
Kids loved it. Atmosphere was bouncing most of match where we were. Block 136 row 41.
Going to big games sober is new for me but saw a totally different day. Loved every minute of it.
This video made it all worth while

Attachments

• 20230422_143656.mp4
    61.5 MB
Left home at 9.30 on Friday, great day and evening drinking round Angel and Islington, made a mistake at night going to Shoreditch, dumped the bags at Kings cross, had a couple there , went to The Green man which was surprisingly good, match-tube-train home for 10.30. Good weekend with great friends, no trouble or hassle all weekend, apart from some Leeds got punched by a randomer (non football looking for a scrap) next to us on Newark station.

Set off at 10 from Sandygate Towers. Joined M1 at Barlborough to miss the roadworks. Arrived at Wembley around 2.30. Parked on a woman's drive I've used before about a mile from the ground. Walked to ground past the Green Man. Grabbed a bite to eat in the Design Outlet and then did a circuit around the stadium. Decided to go in the stadium and queued for 30 minutes to get a drink. Good atmosphere in Block 541 except for a few older knobheads trying to pick fights with other Blades.

Thought we were holding our own till the penalty. Got to admire intensity of City as never gave us anytime on the ball. Fair result in the end.

Clapped the lads off then walk back to the car. Sat Nav took us through Barnet on way back. Never a good drive home from Wembley. Dropped mates off and was home before 11.

On to the more important game on Wednesday night where hopefully we can finish the job off and can stop worrying about endless different scenarios of where we don't go up.

We left at 10.
Parked up at stanmore
Straight on tube.
No beer as we had kids.
Videos of ground.
Magnificent day.
Kids loved it. Atmosphere was bouncing most of match where we were. Block 136 row 41.
Going to big games sober is new for me but saw a totally different day. Loved every minute of it.

Love the young un's reaction.

Drive down was fine, brought a pack up to save some money, so straight to the stadium after eating. Lap of the ground and up and down Wembley Way, inside 45mins early.

Chants don't carry as usual at Wembley, but thought the atmosphere generally was poor anyway. 95% of people around us didn't chant most of the few chants that were started.

Still enjoyed it and was fine with the performance. Stopped at my auntie's in Forest Hill and on the train home now.

Got the train at 9.

Found our carriage on the train, only for them to fucking change it as we stepped on so now we’re right at the opposite end.

No bother, we found a table seat me and my dad. Decent start to the day…..or so we thought

The worlds most annoying fucking child was sat at the table opposite with fucking playdough and cheese sandwiches all over the fucking carriage. For some reason throwing a child out of a moving train is frowned up on so I thought I better grin and bear it.

Next thing, my dad, the cack handed old fart, spills a full tin of beer all over me. Like fucking sodden from the waist down. Doesn't spill it on him sen though does he? Fucking hell as like, dry as a bone.

So up I gets to go to the bog to try and dry off and I thought, fuck it I’ll have a piss while Im here, like you do. Fucking boom, me belt just fucking falls apart, just half of it hanging in me hand. I thought I must have been fucking dreaming. This turn of events just doesnt happen in real life.

So anyway I walks back trying to keep hold of me kecks that are now loose as fuck. I get back to be informed by my dad that he knocked the can over again while I was in the Khazi….oh excellent, I’m going out for a drink with Muhammad Ali today then am I?

Couldnt get me off this train quick enough. The devil child opposite was still being an annoying little twat and I was piss wet through stinking of fucking ale. Its not even like the day was going to get any better. The prospect of seeing us get bummed 8 nil did not improve my mood at all.

Gets off at st pancras and I treat myself to a new belt before heading to carnaby street to meet up with a few others. Naturally the first drink I buy for my dad, I get him a couple of straws given that he’s clearly coming down with Parkinsons. The day is Improving somewhat, not many blades but get chatting to a few people and a couple of City fans, all good natured and dont seem to be anticipating the dry bumming that we are.

Get the tube to the game, again all going swimmingly, until one of the group decides that we need to get off the current train and onto another which turns out to be going in the wrong fucking direction. Even the people on the train wondered what the fuck we were doing on there. Oh what a set of twats we looked.

Now gentleman, as I’m sure you all know, once you start on the booze, we all piss like a fucking racehorse. After strategically planning my piss schedule after leaving the last pub, I was now in danger of having that ripped up in front of me as we headed in the wrong direction and so did my bladder. When we eventually get to Wembley Park station, it’s a good job no one else was in there as the noise of relief could have been mis-construed for me having a wank. It was that close.

Anyway we walks up wembley way, gets in the ground. Somehow, Wembley seems much less impressive these days. As for the game, I thought, if we get to half time at 0-0 that would be a great result. We defended so well but frustratingly, individual errors get punished.

The fans were fucking fantastic. Behind the lads throughout the game. It was a bit of a promotion party for us, it wasnt really about winning. I dont think anyone really expected us to against the best team in the world,

I dont even think 3-0 was a fair reflection. I know they had loads of the ball but they were hardly peppering the goal.

After full time we end up walking back down wembley way Blades in full voice all the way back to the station. Fuck me if we ever win anything there they’ll need to rebuild the whole fucking area. Gets on a train to St Pancras. Blades and City fans, the City fans are the typical fucking arrogant, never been to Maine Road type. Cunts basically. And one of them looked like Raul Moat.

Anyway they fuck off at Euston. We get back to st pancras, queuing system is really efficient tbf and we get back on an earlier train than expected. End up sitting with an Exeter fan of all people, have a good chat with him about all things football along with a few Blades too. A good laugh all the way back.

So, all in all, despite the nightmare of the beginning of the day, the rest of it was an absolute cracker. Nowt much better than a London away day, the pubs arent even that much more expensive than up here these days.

And if you read all that you deserve a fucking medal. Also, my dads alright really, when he’s not chucking beer about.

Great day out, possibly the best I've had at Wembley apart from the result.

Coming from Manchester, got the train about 8ish so was relatively quiet. Got some breakfast and headed over to King Cross to wait for mates. Got into a Greene King pub about 11 about a five minute walk from King Cross. Never really picked up, so was very quick service and it was 'only' 5.40 for a pint (which I count as a win for London). Headed to the ground, snuck into one of the bars who had stopped letting in for a quick one before heading into the stadium.

I was unfortunately sat next to a someone/blogger with a go pro for the first half, but he moved on thankfully in the second.

Tube back to the city broke down while we were on it, nearly causing us to miss out train back. We were the only handful of Blades on the train back to Manchester, but had a great laugh with some City fans who we shared the doorway carriage with.

1030 setoff on the coach from Rother valley. 45 minutes stop at Northampton services. Parked up at the ground a bit after 3.
Decided wandering to a pub would take too much time, so went straight in.
4 pint deal of Budweiser £22.50 shared between us, so £5.50 a pint. Slow service but not awful.
Then a couple of pints from the craft beer stand, no queue at all, £7 a pint.
After match. Back to coach, 1 1/2 hours til back on the motorway, back at 1130. Maccie's and home.

Left Harrogate at 7.30
Met friend at Meadowhall and left at 8.40.
Parked at Tesco in Amersham. Had a coffee whilst waiting for toilet cleaning to be completed. Realised toilets were actually out of action so walked up the hill towards Amersham town centre.
Had a decent Turkish meal (and used facilities).
Underground to Wembley Park, arrived about 2.20.
Leisurely stroll down Wembley Way.
Entered stadium at 3.45.
Watched match with more hope than expectation!
Good natured crowd around us but 5 rows down one fan stood up all the first half. Noticed he sat down for the 2nd.
As usual, much post match congestion entering the station. Crowd good humoured.
Announcement told fans wanting Amersham to catch next tube that stopped at Harrow on the Hill.
Hung about Harrow on the HIll for about 30 mins before catching next tube to Amersham (which we would have caught had we stayed at Wembley Park).
Missed turning en route to M25 so return journey elongated.
Dropped friend off at Meadowhall, then found slip road onto M1 north was closed so had to divert via Rotherham.
Approaching Leeds I was overtaken by a car which must have been doing 130-140 mph - I hardly saw it ( I was doing 75 ish)
Eventually arrived home at 1.45am
Long day - but very enjoyable by and large

Decided to drive as getting Jnr Jnr home afterwards was have been tricky otherwise. Nightmare leaving Teddington as we got stuck in the rugby traffic then the satnav sent us the wrong way round Wembley so we had to double back. 2 hours later to cover the 13 miles by the time we got to Gold parking (£100 on the day, seeing as you asked 😲).

Worth it though. Even if Jnr Jnr was more interested in chasing balloons and Jnr Snr got upset when City scored.

Finally, really proud to be a Blade. We didn't stop singing and that was in complete contrast to City who managed Blue Moon once and that Poznan think when the most expensive side ever constructed went 3-0 up against a second tier team.

Screenshot_20230423-103711~2.png

Great day out, possibly the best I've had at Wembley apart from the result.

Coming from Manchester, got the train about 8ish so was relatively quiet. Got some breakfast and headed over to King Cross to wait for mates. Got into a Greene King pub about 11 about a five minute walk from King Cross. Never really picked up, so was very quick service and it was 'only' 5.40 for a pint (which I count as a win for London). Headed to the ground, snuck into one of the bars who had stopped letting in for a quick one before heading into the stadium.

I was unfortunately sat next to a someone/blogger with a go pro for the first half, but he moved on thankfully in the second.

Tube back to the city broke down while we were on it, nearly causing us to miss out train back. We were the only handful of Blades on the train back to Manchester, but had a great laugh with some City fans who we shared the doorway carriage with.
One of our lot walked behind Travelling Blades interviewee on the platform 10 times, hoping to make it look like a shit edit .

All fairly as expected for us. Left in the car from Glossop ~0900. Clear ish run via M1 to Harrow. Bite to eat, then to Stanmore to a Pre-booked driveway. Tube to Wembley, fan park (had tickets to green man but didn’t bother), in to the ground nice and early. Balloon distribution. Sorted

I was very impressed with the speed of the queue to Wembley Park on the way out. Was back at the car way quicker than expected. Took almost an hour to get to the M1 from there. Stopped at first services for a bite, which is always a bad idea. It was rammed with fans from both sides. Probably lost 45 mins there. Home at 1145

Ears still ringing by the way. Not had that from any home or away game all season so it must have been loud, at least near my head.

No expectations but then one of rising expectations & seeing those expectations disappear cruelly at exactly the wrong moment.

As Michael Corlene would say "just when I thought I was out , they pulled me back in again""

Last edited:
To be fair me and my dad had a great day and to be honest I want to thank the rest of you for playing a part in that. The atmosphere was brilliant all day, every Blade we saw said hello and we were able to have a good laugh with… contrast that with the morbid city fans who just ignored everyone. So thank you everyone, you reminded me why I love this club. We lost but we had a damn good time and made those players feel like heros no matter what.

So our day started at 6am and we drove down to Wembley without hitting any traffic. We stayed at the Wembley international Hotel and got there for about 9am. My stepmum had come down and was spending the day sightseeing.

We have a Wembley tradition where we go to the cafe ‘Moulin’ for a full English. It’s just down from Wembley Park tube station and well worth the visit if you want to try it.

After that we showed my stepmum the stadium. She’s a pig fan so won’t get to see anytime soon 😂 before spending the pre-match up at the green man. It kicked off near us after some clown set off some flares or smoke bombs (or whatever they’re called), and the stewards intervened by taking it off them and booting it… in the process hitting a kid. I think the only reason they didn’t get chucked out is because of the kid incident.

Typical match day experience with lots of singing and good spirits.

After the game we went into London and had a meal at Little Italy in Leicester Square. Outstanding food and a really good atmosphere.

As I type I’m just heading back up the m1 past Leicester so thankfully haven’t had to deal with the traffic as a result.

So again thank you for your part in my amazing trip down. I love the trip to Wembley and I love the Blades. Those days just reinforce my love for the club as no matter the result we’re having a good time.

UTB ⚔️

Edit - To the people in front of us in the ground. I hope you had an amazing day. I believe the little girl with them was on the spectrum and was wearing ear defenders… thought she did fantastic given the obvious sensory overload. She even got all the chants going around us. Was a pleasure to meet and chat to you.

Last edited:
Got the train at 9.

Found our carriage on the train, only for them to fucking change it as we stepped on so now we’re right at the opposite end.

No bother, we found a table seat me and my dad. Decent start to the day…..or so we thought

The worlds most annoying fucking child was sat at the table opposite with fucking playdough and cheese sandwiches all over the fucking carriage. For some reason throwing a child out of a moving train is frowned up on so I thought I better grin and bear it.

Next thing, my dad, the cack handed old fart, spills a full tin of beer all over me. Like fucking sodden from the waist down. Doesn't spill it on him sen though does he? Fucking hell as like, dry as a bone.

So up I gets to go to the bog to try and dry off and I thought, fuck it I’ll have a piss while Im here, like you do. Fucking boom, me belt just fucking falls apart, just half of it hanging in me hand. I thought I must have been fucking dreaming. This turn of events just doesnt happen in real life.

So anyway I walks back trying to keep hold of me kecks that are now loose as fuck. I get back to be informed by my dad that he knocked the can over again while I was in the Khazi….oh excellent, I’m going out for a drink with Muhammad Ali today then am I?

Couldnt get me off this train quick enough. The devil child opposite was still being an annoying little twat and I was piss wet through stinking of fucking ale. Its not even like the day was going to get any better. The prospect of seeing us get bummed 8 nil did not improve my mood at all.

Gets off at st pancras and I treat myself to a new belt before heading to carnaby street to meet up with a few others. Naturally the first drink I buy for my dad, I get him a couple of straws given that he’s clearly coming down with Parkinsons. The day is Improving somewhat, not many blades but get chatting to a few people and a couple of City fans, all good natured and dont seem to be anticipating the dry bumming that we are.

Get the tube to the game, again all going swimmingly, until one of the group decides that we need to get off the current train and onto another which turns out to be going in the wrong fucking direction. Even the people on the train wondered what the fuck we were doing on there. Oh what a set of twats we looked.

Now gentleman, as I’m sure you all know, once you start on the booze, we all piss like a fucking racehorse. After strategically planning my piss schedule after leaving the last pub, I was now in danger of having that ripped up in front of me as we headed in the wrong direction and so did my bladder. When we eventually get to Wembley Park station, it’s a good job no one else was in there as the noise of relief could have been mis-construed for me having a wank. It was that close.

Anyway we walks up wembley way, gets in the ground. Somehow, Wembley seems much less impressive these days. As for the game, I thought, if we get to half time at 0-0 that would be a great result. We defended so well but frustratingly, individual errors get punished.

The fans were fucking fantastic. Behind the lads throughout the game. It was a bit of a promotion party for us, it wasnt really about winning. I dont think anyone really expected us to against the best team in the world,

I dont even think 3-0 was a fair reflection. I know they had loads of the ball but they were hardly peppering the goal.

After full time we end up walking back down wembley way Blades in full voice all the way back to the station. Fuck me if we ever win anything there they’ll need to rebuild the whole fucking area. Gets on a train to St Pancras. Blades and City fans, the City fans are the typical fucking arrogant, never been to Maine Road type. Cunts basically. And one of them looked like Raul Moat.

Anyway they fuck off at Euston. We get back to st pancras, queuing system is really efficient tbf and we get back on an earlier train than expected. End up sitting with an Exeter fan of all people, have a good chat with him about all things football along with a few Blades too. A good laugh all the way back.

So, all in all, despite the nightmare of the beginning of the day, the rest of it was an absolute cracker. Nowt much better than a London away day, the pubs arent even that much more expensive than up here these days.

And if you read all that you deserve a fucking medal. Also, my dads alright really, when he’s not chucking beer about.
Sorry but I'm pissing myself at that train journey down.

Fairly straight forward day, albeit long.

One of the lads doesn't drink much so kindly offered to drive. I set off at 7 am for a walk to the meeting point in town, had some food, morning pint, set off about half 9 ish. Down to Wembley and parked up about 12.

Went to the Spoons as we'd been drinking in the car so just wanted a few more before the match, chatting to some more united fans etc.

Got in to the ground with impeccably lucky timing, got to our seats, 5 minute wait and the teams were coming out. Atmosphere was good, view was good. As far as I'm concerned the lads showed good character and who knows what the outcome would have been if we hadn't conceded that pen, we may have gone in 0-0 and that would have been a good second half.

Left the ground, went for another pint for half an hour to let the initial scramble die down, took maybe an hour to get on the M1. Stopped at some services, quick bite to eat, few more beers in the car on the way back - home for about 11:30pm.

No more busier than I expected it to be, no unexpected delays, relatively smooth for us to be honest. Had a check on the old app, with the morning walk to the meeting point and the walking around the stadium, to the pubs etc I did over 10 miles. Nice, and despite the slow drinking since 08:30 wasn't too drunk when I got home and no hangover.

Caught train at Rugby at 9.30ish, was rammed with day trippers and fans of a range of teams. Stood all the way down but got in at 10.30 and heads to pub in Soho. After a few refreshing pints we went across to eat at London Bridge, Casa do Frango which was excellent, peri peri chicken, African rice, chorizo and pickles, ham croquettes.. and wine and cocktails, then almond cake with Madeira.

Then Jubilee line up to Wembley and sat up in the sky. Strange emotions, a Semi Final no less, but it felt more like a friendly than a blood and thunder experience. More of an NFL atmosphere than a football one.

Walked back to Wembley Central, tube to Harrow and Wealdstone where we caught the train to Milton Keynes and then another to Rugby. Was all very punctual but busy.. until “trespassers on the line” just outside Rugby (could have got off the train and walked ten minutes home) and we sat there for half an hour.

Over all, a grand day out despite the result.

Arrived at Kings Cross
Few beers in an ale bar just behind King Cross (Granary Sq. development which is the old railway yards, looks fantastic)
Marylebone for one or two
WembZ
Granary Sq.
Home

Only issues re: dickheads were some non-Manc City young fans giving an older Blade in a light blue coat some shit as we went into Kings Cross tube station. He did well to stay restrained as he looked like he go through them like a knife through butter. Then some Blades were being absolute arseholes on the York train and got thrown out.

Got the train at 9.

Sounds like fun and my Dad is 81 so I know the score with spillages and straws required as I've just taken him to Albufeira for 3 weeks! He's spot on too just limited mobility but likes his ale in the evenings.

Set off on coach at 9am. At Wembley for about 12.15.

Potter around the stadium concourse as had two or three younger fans who hadn't been before.

Drink in the White Horse and on to Baker Street.

What made it for me was bumping into a good few old mates and acquaintances I'd not seen for ages.

No issues at the game or outside with any dickheads.

Only downsides, the scandalous cost of Coca Cola in pubs, thought I'd been charged ridiculously wrong twice when both rounds came to about £30 quid and only including two beers.

Also the time taken to get back on the M1. Sounds like we did better than some though as we were back in town for just after 11.

Day was OK. Train down.
Couple of pints up town.
Pint at Wembley (Goose Island IPA, very
good).
Match ok but for 2 major errors.
Sadly, as usual, smackheads, cokeheads, piss heads and generally unpleasant, ostensibly thick twats were out in force. Bit of an embarrassment to the club, tbh, and not great for the majority who wanted to watch the game.

We were there for the whole weekend but day was great...

Stayed at Wembley Premier Inn

Met Traveling Blade at O'Neils at 11am near Kings X.

Went to Euston Flyer and met Beans @Panchero Eggy , Dem Blades David, Webding and his Dad, Darren Smith, Pablo Glazier Hernandez and the famous YorkBlade (Hal) fresh from his Football Focus appearance. Quite a few of the Rainbow Blades there too. Some others too. Quite a collection of Blades social media people who do various bits and bobs.

Great few hours and then we went to Wembley. Traveling Blade got on the train before all of us (think Gwyneth Paltrow in sliding doors) and it sailed off without us!

We then caught up with him and all had a great singsong on the way before a quick beer near Wembley and then a ridiculous queue to get in with no organisation or system. Just a free for all. Took 30 mins to get in and we got there nearly an hour before ko.

Game went as expected but shame we did not get that early goal or get it to half time.

After some of us went to Box Park and it was good. Cheesy and a bit forced but good laugh. Got back to hotel around 10pm as all the fan park/posters had been changed to Brighton and Hove Albion.

Fantastic celebration of being a Blade.

Match report to come this evening and pod too all being well when I get back to Sheffield.

We left at 10.
Parked up at stanmore
Straight on tube.
No beer as we had kids.
Videos of ground.
Magnificent day.
Priceless videos like that.

Revo Jr and I went to that London on Friday on the 2pm train, the team were also on the train but sadly not in economy with us. Wes was carrying his gloves around with him.

Went up to Haringay to stay with Revolution Middle Brother Who Does Not Like Football. Contemplated going to the Emirates but not for 150 quid a head. Ate dinner, watched snooker, and ended up helping with badly executed DIY project.

Train into City at midday. Tiny bit of sightseeing, shared excellent 20 inch pizza washed down with excellent craft beer, went to another of our favourite watering holes near St Paul’s’, tubed it from Farringdon.

Enjoyed Wembley Way - great atmosphere. Sat in the Gods in section 550. Great atmosphere up there - stood for the whole of the first half, lots of singing. Such a shame Ndiaye didn’t score. First semi for Revo Jr and that made it special for me. As I gave said elsewhere, my most enjoyable Blades defeat ever - this one didn’t hurt. My only regrets - the goals, and Revolution Sr not being in a fit state to be here with us (he watched on TV with my other brother).

There were one or two arseholes in our section and a fight broke out in injury time, winning me a bet as I predicted the chief arsehole 2 rows in front would start a fight. He had a young lad with him and should be ashamed of himself.

Back via tube after a surprisingly easy queue. Most City fans are ok in my book. Tube to Turnpike Lane, headed back to flat. Revo Jr went to Camden Town and surfaced at 3am. Drugged up on paracetamol, I fell asleep watching TV and woke up to see us attacking the City goal on Match of the Day. Struggled to remember this action. Then I realised that I was watching Brentford v Villa. We got 5 mins of highlights and no mention from Lineker et al.

Not the busiest or booziest but to be there at a game like this with my son for the first time was very special. Each one is a reward for all the crap times.

Brilliant. Drove down just after 8. Got there just before 11. Barely any traffic. Walked 3 miles from the hotel to The Green Man. Saw some cool sights and met some interesting locals along the way. Had a right laugh at the pub. One of the best times away from home ever for me. My lad loved it too. Match was ok. Atmosphere was a bit hit and miss where we were. Tried to get a taxi back after but no joy. Ended walking back. Short cut via some allotments and some lovely West Indian gardeners stood and chat with us for ages. They magicked some beers out of somewhere too. Back to the hotel by 8ish. Few more drinks, then collapsed from exhaustion at 11ish. Drove home this morning. Barely any traffic again. Top day out. Loads of brilliant memories. 9/10. Just the football let it down.

Back
Top Bottom