Your Blades favourite goal.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ooooo stalker alert, you could just put me on ignore :)
Were you raised on Parson Cross as you never poke a bit of fun at the pork in fact you are always one of the first to stick up for them? 🐷🐷🐷

Ah here we go. One attempted insult down, now we’re on to accusing me of being a pig fan.

Don’t worry, I don’t block people just because I disagree with them. I will still see your odd posts whenever you deign to share your great mind with us.

Ah here we go. One attempted insult down, now we’re on to accusing me of being a pig fan.

Don’t worry, I don’t block people just because I disagree with them. I will still see your odd posts whenever you deign to share your great mind with us.
That makes me feel real good seeing that owt I post upsets you in some way 🐷

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Porters second against Forest in the cup under Neg Nige was a good 'un & secured the win against the odds.

Lee Evans wonder volley against Wolves (or was it Boro?) the other year was exceptional.

Billy's volley against Leeds.

Mousset's goal at Everton!

McBurnies Man United equaliser after it looked like we'd chucked it all away.

But my favourite has to be the Jags thunder bastard in the cup against Leeds. Can you believe that was 17 years ago in November...

For me personally, Beattie's free kick against the pigs. Old man is a lifelong blade, followed United to every ground in England. He took me to my first match against forest when I was a young un (about 5) but I didn't quite get it and I didn't like the noise. Got a ticket with my dad at the back of the kop for that game against the pigs, and I'd say the celebration for Beatties free kick flying into the top corner was a moment that truly bonded us as father and son. A moment I'll never forget for as long as I live

I remember being thrilled watching a Gary Hamson goal. Maidenhead, was the one you’re describing a long range scorcher into the Bramall Lane end? Or it could be something else completely I’m thinking of.
Also remember a Woody corner going directly in.

My favourite wasn't a screamer or a worldy it was a simple but very clever goal by Brian Deane, which also showed the understanding he and Tony Agana had.

Unfortunately I can't remember the game and I don't think that there's any video of it either.
I mentioned the goal a few years ago in a similar thread and Silent Blade put me right with the date and game, but unfortunately my memory is shite, so....

Bramall Lane end, Deane has his back to goal and Agana hits a pass towards Deane which he simply flicks the ball with the outside of his foot: Goal!

Whether it was a move practiced on the training ground or just pure improvisation, but for me it was class and showed the confidence those two had.
It was against bury
He did it again the same season but I can't remember who against

One that's always stuck in my mind and im not sure why was Bob Atkins late winner at Milmoor many years ago now. It was like a home game and local rivalry aside, a must-win. Blades were in all corners of the ground and the whole place just erupted. We must have been promoted because the Star cartoonist drew some thing like a sword blasting off the planet and a caption along the lines of 'The Blades are back' Happy days. Give the lads a shout for me today UTB

Alan Cork at Wembley. I knocked the back off the seat in front going mental and got bloody shins as a result. To see us score at Wembley was something I never thought I’d see... never mind against Wednesday! Or Andy Walker at Ipswich in the play offs.

Both scrappy/scuffed finishes... but I don’t care!

If I had to go for one I think I’d go for Andy Walkers. What a night that was!

Can't choose any single goal, as I celebrate the all the same, but I was quite taken by our 4th against Norwich this afternoon!;) 😁

Boxing day 1971 we got a free kick about five yards outside the penalty box.
Woodward belted the ball around the wall and around Peter Shilton.
I bumped into John Motson at Wembley I had been on a tour where they show you the dressing room etc.
I said hello and he asked me where I was from. I just said a quality player quality goal. he knew straight away. ah yes, Tony Currie.
You're from Sheffield. special mention. Michael Brown goal against the pigs.

Boxing day 1971 we got a free kick about five yards outside the penalty box.
Woodward belted the ball around the wall and around Peter Shilton.
1970. Report will be in the "50 years ago today" thread in 19 days time

McGoldrick at Hull ,only then did I realise we were going to make it.
Bashams at Leeds
Pesch v Forest.
Gil reece v Birmingham
and Davison at Swillsboro.

And Billy v Norwich last goal I saw live.

great looking forward to that report Silent Blade.
In the meantime a question for the younger Blades.
Who were the opposition?

A couple not mentioned yet;

Gareth Taylor volley from a high, dropping ball, twatted into the top corner v Forest in '97.

Coutts first time volley in front of the Kop (Reading?) a couple of years ago too.

Deano cracking one in the top corner from just outside the area v Man City at Bramall Lane and celebrating by doing a huge, angry flob live on Sky

Jagielka vs Boro. Remember a bloke behind me going "not another fuckin' draw" up steps Jagielka to get us our first win of the season.

Back
Top Bottom