Young dickheads after the match.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tempting as it was to say something directly to them gangs of lads like this often have that pack mentality where if one is confronted they all turn on that person to ā€œprotectā€ their friend.

And as convenient as blaming the parents is, thatā€™s not always the case. One of my friends has three sons. Two are good kids, at university and aiming for great careers. The third is a weed-dealing, stealing little shit. They were all brought up the same, so itā€™s definitely not down to the parenting in his case.
Yes, and itā€™s that ā€œfearā€ that they hope to peddle which gives them the false confidence and power they feed from!
And instead, if every right minded person turned on that gang then it would become pretty clear that the gang of decent folk would outnumber the little pricks and off theyā€™d pop.
Fact is, folk step backā€¦delay, look around to see if someone else is gonna do owt. Iā€™m very confident the minute one or two have a word many others would join in too.

By not being dealt with while they are acting up like that it will give them the false impression they are actually hard menā€¦until one day they meet proper hard men who really hurt them and thatā€™s worse.

So my suggestion to anyone is if you see that kind of behaviour you step in and educate through whatever means necessary. If they escalate it, react accordingly and there will endeth their lesson. If everyone does this then itā€™s not a problem.
Kids need ā€œguidingā€, not complementing of their actions through others around them being complicit.

A little bit more policing (oliving) by society in general would do this country a world of good

As the parent of a severely autistic son, now 30, I have said for years that all 7 to 10 year olds ought to have interactions with mentally and physically disabled kids as part of their schooling. Me elder sonā€˜s mates grew up with Matthew and have never been anything but kind and respectful to him and Iā€™m sure that they are the same with others, itā€™s what happens naturally when you expose kids to ā€œdifferencesā€ at an early enough age.

Firstly, as an adult I would never condone this behaviour and secondly, when I was an over confident teenager, I would never have resorted to taking the piss out of a Downs Syndrome kid and neither would any of my mates. If any of us had acted in such a way, we'd pretty quickly be shut down and be on the receiving end of a quiet word.
Well said. I did daft things as a teenager but was brought up properly so never followed others with racism, homophobia, or sexism.

In fact I stood up for what I believed in - equality - and often got berated. But if I made one person stop to question their behaviour then it was worth it.

Iā€™ve brought my kids up to do likewise. Last night at St Pancras an idiot started bad mouthing an Asian woman at the gates who couldnā€™t find her ticket and didnā€™t speak great English. My eldest helped her and told the rude man to pipe down.

Very different scenario but ignoring discrimination can be similar to condoning it.

Every club has them. Theyā€™re like a clone. Theyā€™re also about as threatening as [insert something non-threatening]

Might non-threatening in a physical sense but their behaviour may have scarred their parent / carer and make them think twice about bringing the young lad to a game again.

Seen this other day and was heart warming, especially when the kids asked if he's all right and he goes "fuck yeah cody" šŸ˜‚ need kids like this knocking around but unless they've got advantage they are soft as shit or a pack of bullies

Nice bit of street justice.

Noting Inter_blade83 's comment.
As many know, I grew up with an autistic sibling which made me super conscious about people with disabilities and how to behave around them and also sensitive to if they were being bullied.

I was a popular lad at school and would have felt confident to call it out amongst my own age group... However, I do remember our school bus used to have to go past a disabled school and the older lads at the back used to chant "Rooney, Rooney" at them as they waited for their own bus.
I fucking hated it but would have just got beaten up (yr7/8 vs yr10/11s) had I done anything.
Sadly, this shit happens.
People in a strong position to do so, should have done something about it yesterday.

Assuming many people on this thread are of a certain age, it's funny to hear everyone suggest how they'd stand up to injustice as a teen, when racist chanting was a regular thing and sexism and homophobia were rampant.
Racist chanting was not a thing at Bramall Lane. Or very rarely. Iā€™ve been going since 1966.

That's not as unlikely as it seems. There's plenty of ignorant twats, driving like idiots to zoom home after the match.

There's plenty more that think they can walk in the middle of the road just because they've left a football match a few minutes earlier.

I heard plenty of this in and around BDTBL throughout the 90s and 00s.

To clarify I took the initial post to relate solely to Blades fans.

People can only talk about their own experiences. I've attended from the 70's onwards, and I'm not saying that I never heard anything but nothing on the scale of other grounds, especially not racist and especially not 'rampant'.

Feel for them, when I was a kid my dad made me and my brother dress alike too.

I reported a fellow Blade at Burnley last week for racism. First time Iā€™ve ever done it. Must have been upwards of 20 people heard him but nobody took any action as far as I could see. I wonā€™t repeat his words but it was aimed towards the Burnley sub who was warming up and doing so on the very edge of the pitch.

I reported a fellow Blade at Burnley last week for racism. First time Iā€™ve ever done it. Must have been upwards of 20 people heard him but nobody took any action as far as I could see. I wonā€™t repeat his words but it was aimed towards the Burnley sub who was warming up and doing so on the very edge of the pitch.
Good on you. Was any action taken?

Sad to hear ,if he had been near me he would have got called out .and it's something that's never really been tolerated as blades fans . Theres lines that can't be crossed .

After the match my mate and I were walking up John Street and there were a dozen or so teenage lads, probably around the ages of 14 to 16 but certainly no older, and all clad in the usual Stone Island and Burberry uniform taking the piss out of a young lad accompanied by an older chap who was clapping his hands and singing ā€œUnitedā€ over and over. The young lad had Downs Syndrome, and the Stone Island scrotes were making fun of him because of this.

In what world do little shits like this think itā€™s acceptable? We both commented loudly about their behaviour, but I suspect they were oblivious to any outside influences and certainly wouldnā€™t have been bothered if they had heard us. I despair sometimes about some people and the behaviour they think is acceptable. A young lad whoā€™d enjoyed his team winning was mocked because he was different to these fucking halfwits. I would imagine itā€™s highly likely that theyā€™ll carry on behaving like this as they grow into adults.
I saw something similar in town last year.

I went up to them and said - Hey guys itā€™s not very nice taking the piss out of somebody with a disability, unless that disability is being a Wednesday supporter!

They laughed - but they stopped. Humour can be a strong weapon.

UTB

As adults we all condone this behaviour, but we've all been teenagers and in a group where peer pressure and expectation leads to us laughing along, taking the piss, being egged on etc.

They're teenagers, and are acting as such.
1. It's a group of teenagers bullying someone else. How is that acceptable?
2. I think teenagers, in general, are probably better about these things now than when I was a teen
3. Taking the piss out of 'different' kids might have been something I was guilty of in infant/junior school but not as a teenager. I wasn't the brightest but it was obviously something you shouldn't do.
4. I realise wannabee football hooligan teenagers aren't your average teenager.
5. There is a whole heap of abusive terms used casually on here for a laugh. I don't think there's any intent behind much of it, but it's offensive and unnecessary nonetheless.

Itā€™s the same at local away games. They behave like animals and the football is secondary because theyā€™re so loaded up on booze and God knows what else. Amazing how you never see them at a game thatā€™s more than an hour away and frankly, itā€™s a relief when theyā€™re not there.

Vitinho was it? I was over that side and didn't hear anything, but was getting annoyed that he was always 2 yards on the pitch.

Well played for reporting it.

There's plenty more that think they can walk in the middle of the road just because they've left a football match a few minutes earlier.
True. Doesn't make it right for impatient drivers to narrowly miss them though.

After the match my mate and I were walking up John Street and there were a dozen or so teenage lads, probably around the ages of 14 to 16 but certainly no older, and all clad in the usual Stone Island and Burberry uniform taking the piss out of a young lad accompanied by an older chap who was clapping his hands and singing ā€œUnitedā€ over and over. The young lad had Downs Syndrome, and the Stone Island scrotes were making fun of him because of this.

In what world do little shits like this think itā€™s acceptable? We both commented loudly about their behaviour, but I suspect they were oblivious to any outside influences and certainly wouldnā€™t have been bothered if they had heard us. I despair sometimes about some people and the behaviour they think is acceptable. A young lad whoā€™d enjoyed his team winning was mocked because he was different to these fucking halfwits. I would imagine itā€™s highly likely that theyā€™ll carry on behaving like this as they grow into adults.
I wouldn't t say hes different it's the lads that have no respect that are different šŸ‘

Back
Top Bottom