You'll do for me Slav

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of the best football I've seen today at BDTBL, for a long long time.
Fulham fans said it will be a work in progress, it is.
Yes there are issues still to deal with, but if there weren't, it would be a finished work and it isn't....yet.
Slav knows what he's doing. Get the players he needs in the JTW and get the players who stay to keep buying in what he's trying to achieve.
We just need to work on some of the fans now to do the same 🙄
I agree with your opening comment, but as this squad is not good enough to get promoted this season I don’t see the benefit of paying loan fees and wages for half a season, unless they become permanent in June.

What’s your idea of catastrophic!
If he takes us down to league 1 ?
we’ve got 2 away games next, and I’m not sure we can get anything from those.Which means we start to get into a relegation dog fight.
is he the man for that?
His defending and tactics are naive.He’s getting away with little criticism because, he’s a relatively big name for United.If others were adopting such tactics eg the likes of Hecky, they’d be getting absolute pelters, and cries of you don’t know what you’re doing.
The transfer market acquisitions have been poor, and the coaching team he has around him, has no Championship experience.The players look uncomfortable playing his system and often play themselves into trouble at the back.They are simply not the type of players to play that game.
Do we have the time and money to get those in who can?At least play to your strengths whilst changing.A good manager has to play to the strengths of what you’ve got, unless you are Pep Guardiola, and you can go out and buy a team to play your way.
It’s way too early yet.We picked him, and have to stick with him, in the hope he has more of a plan than a wobbly back 4, and keep throwing attackers on, so we will score more than they do.Where is the plan b?
It’s worrying.We’ve slid into relegation scraps before believing we’re too good to go down.That’s how it happens we know that.We need to support him in January, and get some decent players in, who can play his way.But I’ve an awful feeling this Board will not do that.
And for all those that say I’m being negative, take a look at the table, a re-run of our 15 games, and listen to what our Board are saying about finances.
Bravo..!!!

I agree with your opening comment, but as this squad is not good enough to get promoted this season I don’t see the benefit of paying loan fees and wages for half a season, unless they become permanent in June.

I don't either.. Unless they'll be fighting to keep us up...

Don't say I'm talking bobbar, it's as united as it gets if we are in the bottom 3

We should have beaten Blackpool comfortably and played some very good stuff. The manager has done a great job with MGW and Ndiaye, getting them into positions to hurt the game.

We are mentally weak and can't handle adversity. None of last years players have shown any improvement under this manager.

Both true. That's why we're a mid table team.

Some of the best football I've seen today at BDTBL, for a long long time.
Fulham fans said it will be a work in progress, it is.
Yes there are issues still to deal with, but if there weren't, it would be a finished work and it isn't....yet.
Slav knows what he's doing. Get the players he needs in the JTW and get the players who stay to keep buying in what he's trying to achieve.
We just need to work on some of the fans now to do the same 🙄
I agree. He’s the man for the job.

Despite being of that opinion I still don’t feel arsed about going to matches. At the moment I still am.

Should he have tried to salvage the game by throwing on defenders instead?
Trite
Sarcy
Thanks, Guanchers

To make it perfectly clear and to avoid any semblance of doubt the point is that those sort of changes, so there is no midfield, replacing virtually all of them with strikers, loses all shape, the ability to win the ball and diminishes any chance to create any pressure and develop goal scoring opportunities.

But of course the clever thing to do is to reverse my comment and offer the opposite that defenders will do it. 👏👏👏👏

Trite
Sarcy
Thanks, Guanchers

To make it perfectly clear and to avoid any semblance of doubt the point is that those sort of changes, so there is no midfield, replacing virtually all of them with strikers, loses all shape, the ability to win the ball and diminishes any chance to create any pressure and develop goal scoring opportunities.

But of course the clever thing to do is to reverse my comment and offer the opposite that defenders will do it. 👏👏👏👏

There are no midfielders on the bench better than whats on the pitch... its why we are stuck with the deteriorating old guard week in week out for lack of viable alternative. Ignored as a department for overhauling in the windows as the likes of Norwood and Fleck still had so much Championship credit in the bank. January though we must look to bring in one more central midfielder at least.

Too right, I’m not happy.
We’re 17th in a very poor Championship.Making the same naive mistakes over and over again.
Thst doesn’t mean I want Slav sacking.To the contrary, I feel the Board has to back him in January with some signings who can play the way he wants us to play.We’re committed to him now, and need to give him time to sort things out.
However that doesn’t mean he is beyond criticism, or should get a free pass.
Couldn’t sum it up any better

There are no midfielders on the bench better than whats on the pitch... its why we are stuck with the deteriorating old guard week in week out for lack of viable alternative. Ignored as a department for overhauling in the windows as the likes of Norwood and Fleck still had so much Championship credit in the bank. January though we must look to bring in one more central midfielder at least.
Whilst we have injuries to Freeman and Berge there are two midfielders and Basham that can provide some options there rather than put multiple strikers on the pitch.
Slater has league experience and could provide some cover and Guedioura should be an option but he can’t even get a place in the match day 18. Understand he wants defensive cover but the midfield, the engine room, often needs freshening up on Mousset time (60 mins in) so why not have one of those options tk play with instead of 3 strikers?

I thought the first half V Blackpool was pretty crap yeah some fancy flicks and approach play but next to zero goal threat apart from about ten 2nd half minutes. The highlight for me was standing 20mins in a queue to get a Bovril and watching the incompetence of the Compass staff, fuckin hilarious when a bloke brought back two pints of Neckoil which had been half mixed with cider the lass held them up to the light with a bemused look until someone told her to pour them down the sink 🤣

Maybe if we go down we can appeal to the Football League on the grounds that we lost a load of games by fine margins and our manager inherited someone else’s team.

I don’t think that has ever happened before and surely sets a precedent?

If this season is down to Slavs failures and not the players, who do we blame for last seasons total capitulation?

Ringing a bell for pro or anti Wilder reasons isn’t going to change anything now.

If SJ can’t motivate the players who’ve been here a while then that’s a problem for him. If they can’t motivate themselves……

For the best squad in the division, the results should be better. Professional pride should see to that.

No manager or coach can legislate for the kind of goal we gave away against Blackpool .

They had a single player in an advanced position and yet , after a 70 yard punt from the goalkeeper , he still had the time and space to take four touches and get his shot away . Depending on the passage of play leading up to that , either Stevens or Davies should have been within touching distance of him before the ball was even kicked and yet neither was anywhere in sight .

The manager of a Sunday morning pub team would have every right to call his players out for such a glaring mistake , and how experienced professionals could allow this to happen is a complete mystery to me .

Back
Top Bottom