You'll do for me Slav

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

i get completely understand the anger & frustration of today. because im frustrated as well because at least with adkins you know we were crap when we lost. today it so frustrating again as it clear they are good enough, ive seen us playing fantastic football up there as good as ive seen v Huddersfield Preston, Millwall, Peterborough, Stoke, Hull & Barnsley (2nd half) & if we could take 1/4 of the hatful of chances we create. we would be knocking door of the automatic spots. we cant like the last few years & we arent, so we are in a false position of 17th

i dont blame the defence because like today we shouldve been out of sight & they shouldnt have to keep clean sheet every week to get a point

What would you have done?

I wouldn't have taken Osborn off without a like for like replacement - that compromised the shape and we surrendered all initiative.

I wouldn't have subbed off anyone but Mousset first, he was already fucked when Osborn went off (this isn't hindsight, I said this at the time as did many others).

Finally I think he panicked and made the subs too early, and all of the same type - more forwards. This left us exposed and we once again finished a home game with 10 men.

Good to see someone putting a positive spin on things to buck the trend.

We score one of the great chances and it's a different game, and the majority go home happy. Same against Millwall. The problem is that we then fall apart when it doesn't go our way.
I think there's more wrong with our defending than the centre back pair .midfield is wishy washy to say the least but the two centre backs are
Probably the weakest pairing in the division too soft and bullied quite often.
I think by now SJ will be thinking he's bought a pup
He will be as frustrated as us.
Having said that he was too quick to change to a back 4
when really we havnt the squad to play that way.
We had no proper pre-season to try and bed it in! going into the 1st match having not had game time to see if it would work.
In my opinion one of the reasons we were really poor early on.

Our inability to respond after Blackpool went ahead was the most disappointing aspect of today’s game (and there were a few). Mentally too many of this team are scarred and we just don’t seem able to lift the tempo when then situation demands it. Staying out of a relegation dog fight has got to be out primary objective this season.

He’s probably throwing forwards on thinking “surely not all of them can miss absolute sitters?”
No sitters to miss when it’s top heavy and without shape.
create nothing
Aimless
Get in each other’s way.
banging loads of strikers on is a clueless reaction. A panic. An act of random hope.

Not good enough, we’re just not good enough, no way we’re going up this season , just hope we can stop in the league, we should be winning at home to Blackpool , Slav needs to sort it quickly !
How long are we going to say we played well and looked good , But lost , 10 more matches If we haven’t improved NEXT !

A quick question to those slagging off slav. Who would you rather have? Best man for the job by a mile and needs time to sort the team out.

Just a reminder we wanted a barca winger and ronaldo vieira, and instead ended up with a 36 year old algerian lad who’s not played. I don’t think slav has anywhere near his ideal squad yet.

I’d happily give him all 3 seasons (unless it turns catastrophic)

A quick question to those slagging off slav. Who would you rather have? Best man for the job by a mile and needs time to sort the team out.

Just a reminder we wanted a barca winger and ronaldo vieira, and instead ended up with a 36 year old algerian lad who’s not played. I don’t think slav has anywhere near his ideal squad yet.

I’d happily give him all 3 seasons (unless it turns catastrophic)
Moore he’s the only man that can sort this shit fest out !

Just had a quick look at B'pool social media. Saying best team they've played against this season (think this is fourth or fifth time opposition fans have said it this season), not sure how they won and on another day would have lost heavily and they still think we'll get promoted

For people saying that it was too easy for Blackpool to stick to a plan and nick one late on, i suggest you watch the game again.

For a vast majority of the game Blackpool were barely hanging on and were out on their feet waiting for the knockout punch.

Ok it didn't come, but that doesn't mean we played badly, far from it. On another day we would have put 3 or 4 past them with this same team, formation and manager.

After having the opportunity to have a sleep and digest the events of the game, I can see that there have been a lot of knee jerk reactions and comments more suited to the "massives" over in S6.
Dismissive comments that we should have the divine right to beat "teams like Blackpool" and the opinion that we were poor.
We were far from poor. We created enough chances to win the game comfortably and had we taken one of the earlier chances then I think it would have turned out to be a comfortable win.
At times we looked excellent and played the ball well and cut them open plenty of times.
However, as the game went on, there was more of a possibility that our profligacy in front of goal would come to bite us on the arse with a sucker punch goal which is exactly what happened.
The issue with the game was the basic errors that were made. These were the things that cost us the game after not taking our chances.
I personally can see the slow change to what Jokanovic wants to achieve. Currently he is a few players short of making a real difference to our fortunes.
The imbalance on the wings is clear to see with Osborn filling a gap (and doing the best that he can) left by our failure to secure another winger in the transfer window. That should be addressed in January.
We are short of the "number 10" link up player. Again, this can be addressed in January.
Until this time we have to keep going and make sure that we are in and around the top 6 to allow us the rest of the season to have a real crack at it.
Just my opinion.

Just had a quick look at B'pool social media. Saying best team they've played against this season (think this is fourth or fifth time opposition fans have said it this season), not sure how they won and on another day would have lost heavily and they still think we'll get promoted

For people saying that it was too easy for Blackpool to stick to a plan and nick one late on, i suggest you watch the game again.

For a vast majority of the game Blackpool were barely hanging on and were out on their feet waiting for the knockout punch.

Ok it didn't come, but that doesn't mean we played badly, far from it. On another day we would have put 3 or 4 past them with this same team, formation and manager.
Also just read their managers post match comments.

Said it was their toughest game of the season (including the ones they've actually lost) and fully expects Sheffield United to be very near the top by the end of the season.

Lets not forget that they are also on a decent run of form. I was speaking/messaging some friends who follow Blackpool who said that they thought that they got out of jail big time yesterday. They were absolutely laughing their arses off that they got any kind of a result. Let alone all 3 points. They said that we were comfortably the best team on the day and probably the best team they had faced this season.
Its all about opinions.

After having the opportunity to have a sleep and digest the events of the game, I can see that there have been a lot of knee jerk reactions and comments more suited to the "massives" over in S6.
Dismissive comments that we should have the divine right to beat "teams like Blackpool" and the opinion that we were poor.
We were far from poor. We created enough chances to win the game comfortably and had we taken one of the earlier chances then I think it would have turned out to be a comfortable win.
At times we looked excellent and played the ball well and cut them open plenty of times.
However, as the game went on, there was more of a possibility that our profligacy in front of goal would come to bite us on the arse with a sucker punch goal which is exactly what happened.
The issue with the game was the basic errors that were made. These were the things that cost us the game after not taking our chances.
I personally can see the slow change to what Jokanovic wants to achieve. Currently he is a few players short of making a real difference to our fortunes.
The imbalance on the wings is clear to see with Osborn filling a gap (and doing the best that he can) left by our failure to secure another winger in the transfer window. That should be addressed in January.
We are short of the "number 10" link up player. Again, this can be addressed in January.
Until this time we have to keep going and make sure that we are in and around the top 6 to allow us the rest of the season to have a real crack at it.
Just my opinion.
Agree with a lot of that ! But still losing and dropping points to inferior teams.
There's no doubt the football we play under SJ is entertaining unfortunately our weaknesses are being punished game after game.Just hope SJ can turn it around as if we arnt careful we could be reeled in to a relegation battle.
We either concede really good goals or goals on the back of poor play.The goal yesterday was on the back of nieve defending followed by an unstoppable shot .
This is how it's been so far! no doubt our overall play deserves better !we are where we are and really have to watch our backs.
Just hope the prince doasnt get an inchi finger as I do beleave SJ will get it right ! Just maybe have to right this season off for promotion .
The opportunity is still alive ! Without consistency it's not.

I'm bewildered that people thought we played well yesterday. We missed chances agreed but we've just played two poor teams and bar 15 minutes against Barnsley we've not stood out or dominated either of them. Too many misplaced passes and wrong decisions made coupled with having a pathetically soft underbelly means we'll end up looking over our shoulders rather than looking upwards. Even at this early stage the next two fixtures now look massive. Let's see what the manager's made of. His substitutions yesterday had a whiff of panic.

I'm bewildered that people thought we played well yesterday. We missed chances agreed but we've just played two poor teams and bar 15 minutes against Barnsley we've not stood out or dominated either of them. Too many misplaced passes and wrong decisions made coupled with having a pathetically soft underbelly means we'll end up looking over our shoulders rather than looking upwards. Even at this early stage the next two fixtures now look massive. Let's see what the manager's made of. His substitutions yesterday had a whiff of panic.

I’m bewildered that you didn’t think we played well. Blackpool aren’t a poor team at all and yet like others have said, they were hanging on at times. The only thing missing was us putting the ball in the back of the net and had we done so fairly early it would’ve been 3 or 4 in the end.

Some of the best football I've seen today at BDTBL, for a long long time.
Fulham fans said it will be a work in progress, it is.
Yes there are issues still to deal with, but if there weren't, it would be a finished work and it isn't....yet.
Slav knows what he's doing. Get the players he needs in the JTW and get the players who stay to keep buying in what he's trying to achieve.
We just need to work on some of the fans now to do the same 🙄
My Sheffield Wednesday mate this to me too

I’m bewildered that you didn’t think we played well. Blackpool aren’t a poor team at all and yet like others have said, they were hanging on at times. The only thing missing was us putting the ball in the back of the net and had we done so fairly early it would’ve been 3 or 4 in the end.
Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Birmingham, Huddersfield, Millwall, Blackpool all turned us over on our own patch. None of these teams has had to turn in a brilliant performance to beat us. We haven't played any of the better teams at home yet. How do you feel that will pan out without a big improvement in performance?

Woulda, shoulda, coulda. Birmingham, Huddersfield, Millwall, Blackpool all turned us over on our own patch. None of these teams has had to turn in a brilliant performance to beat us. We haven't played any of the better teams at home yet. How do you feel that will pan out without a big improvement in performance?

I’m not sure what relevance those games have in how we played yesterday. As I said, if we’d finished our chances then we’d now be discussing a 3-0 victory, but we didn’t. Obviously scoring goals is the main part but not scoring doesn’t always mean a team didn’t play well.

If we play like we did yesterday, and score our chances, then I’m sure we’ll get results against the better teams. We won’t win them all. We should’ve won when we played Bournemouth away. Good performance, didn’t take our chances, and ended up losing.

Aye, all this "on another day we could have won by 3+" ignores the fact that other than against a very soft and obliging Peterborough, we never do. Instead, the facts tell us that yesterday's outcome is far more likely - we miss a shedload of chances and lose thanks to a mistake or a piece of bad defending.

As soon as they scored I posted a sarcastic "I don't know how we've lost that " because even with 15 minutes left I knew that would be the final result and subsequent reaction. Well I can tell you how, it's the same old combination of poor finishing and bad defending at key moments that's responsible for all four home defeats so far.

What is more, finishing and defending are crucial elements to a good performance. If you fail at both so consistently then claims of playing well every week tend to appear a bit hollow.

Also just read their managers post match comments.

Said it was their toughest game of the season (including the ones they've actually lost) and fully expects Sheffield United to be very near the top by the end of the season.
Any sensible person could see that but we have a significant number of childish whiners who would have Slav out before Christmas because we're not winning enough games.

I used to baulk at the idea that our fans have ever been in any way to blame for our failings over the years but I'm starting to wonder if the idiots will soon try to force Slav out.

It's utterly depressing how many fans can't see the bigger picture and can't cope with a team playing football.

I’m not sure what relevance those games have in how we played yesterday. As I said, if we’d finished our chances then we’d now be discussing a 3-0 victory, but we didn’t. Obviously scoring goals is the main part but not scoring doesn’t always mean a team didn’t play well.

If we play like we did yesterday, and score our chances, then I’m sure we’ll get results against the better teams. We won’t win them all. We should’ve won when we played Bournemouth away. Good performance, didn’t take our chances, and ended up losing.
I absolutely agree with you about maybe having a slightly different outlook if we'd stuck four past them but we didn't. It's papering over the cracks IMO. We're pretty average in all honesty.

Any sensible person could see that but we have a significant number of childish whiners who would have Slav out before Christmas because we're not winning enough games.

I used to baulk at the idea that our fans have ever been in any way to blame for our failings over the years but I'm starting to wonder if the idiots will soon try to force Slav out.

It's utterly depressing how many fans can't see the bigger picture and can't cope with a team playing football.

It's certainly not Jokanovic's fault that a staggering number of our fans somehow thought the team we came down with was good enough for promotion. He certainly doesn't, that's why he's after so many players and looking to entirely change how we play.

I do think he made some bad errors with his substitutions yesterday but he can only shuffle the deck he has. Too many previously reliable first team players seem completely shot.

Obviously the new manager needs more time than this (unless they're Bryan Robson). The problem as I see it is that I genuinely think the team will get weaker with each subsequent Transfer Window, not stronger. Again, this is not Jokanovic's fault. He's been dealt a bad hand in terms of personnel and the club's ability to recruit and improve. I would say he's about batting. 500 with what he has - doing no better and no worse than we'd expect giving the restrictions he's under.

What is the bigger picture? Same old, same old. I can see that he's playing with a deck that's not his but he's added Hourihane and Guerdioura to what effect. The flat back four clearly doesn't work and there appears little appetite from him to change that. I'm not after his head but there's lot of question marks over his ability yet. If we're waiting for January for an immediate upturn we'll be in a dogfight by then.

What is the bigger picture? Same old, same old. I can see that he's playing with a deck that's not his but he's added Hourihane and Guerdioura to what effect. The flat back four clearly doesn't work and there appears little appetite from him to change that. I'm not after his head but there's lot of question marks over his ability yet. If we're waiting for January for an immediate upturn we'll be in a dogfight by then.
If you can't see the improvement from early season then there's not much I can say.

He's been left in the shit because of the previous manager's expensive ineffectual signings.

It's pretty clear to me that this manager has the ability to turn us into an exciting winning team but there are clearly further players to be brought in.

Not sure what other formation or tactics people think Slav or another manager should employ with this group to harness better results.

The amount of people claiming yesterday was shit is laughable. Either over-emotive nonsense or complete knownowts.

Yes some existing flaws were exposed but it's clear to me that many fans have already decided on various players and will say they've been crap when they haven't.

If you can't see the improvement from early season then there's not much I can say.

He's been left in the shit because of the previous manager's expensive ineffectual signings.

It's pretty clear to me that this manager has the ability to turn us into an exciting winning team but there are clearly further players to be brought in.

Not sure what other formation or tactics people think Slav or another manager should employ with this group to harness better results.

The amount of people claiming yesterday was shit is laughable. Either over-emotive nonsense or complete knownowts.

Yes some existing flaws were exposed but it's clear to me that many fans have already decided on various players and will say they've been crap when they haven't.
So what's the bigger picture?

So what's the bigger picture?
That we're in transition to a degree but starting to see signs of an exciting attacking team that is a handful of players short to turn dominance into wins and points.

We can all argue about whether we'll be able to offload and strengthen in Jan but that has to be the aim.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first half yesterday and thought the football was a joy to watch. Better than anything I've seen in the Champ this season. Obviously the thing missing was goals.

Yet you come on social media last night and this morning to see plenty of fans suggesting we were utterly shit.

Back
Top Bottom