Would you consider the 2020/21 season a sucess if...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you consider the 2020/21 a sucess if we won the FA Cup, but also relegated from the PL?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SuperSonicBlade89

Mythic Member
Reaction score
OK, as far as I'm concerned our Premier League campaign is all but over. It took that Fulham game to come to terms with that.

However, being optimistic, we still are in the F.A. Cup.

Could we do a Wigan perhaps?

Imagine if we did win it. I'd imagine a lot of ambivalence from Blades fans.
I personally would call the "season" (or at least half of it) a sucess if we won the cup. After nearly 100 years since our last one, it would be our 5th F.A. Cup, which puts us still quite high in the all time winners, so it would at least be something to be proud of.

On another note, I don't actually think I'll be that gutted about our relegation, maybe in part due to no crowds so its dulled the game for me. Maybe it was to be expected without the red n white tinted glasses on as we were favourites last season for the drop.
As much as I want United to be in the top division of English football, there are advantages to playing in the Championship (or even L1, let's not go there again though please) and that is to win titles/trophies, which we realistically can't do in the PL.

Look at all the Yo-Yo clubs for example West Brom, Norwich, Wolves etc. They all have this sussed out. Maybe, just maybe all this that's happened this season was partly self-infilicted because money money money. Oh and no VAR and proper actual entertaining football where the majority of the time you can actually tackle!!! And players don't go down holding their faces (most of the time).

Just 2 answers to the poll... straight answers to a straight question. No "ummm maybe" answer 😝
Just want to gauge how other Blades fans feel, as its about the only thing left to get excited about this year, as far as I can tell.

OK, as far as I'm concerned our Premier League campaign is all but over. It took that Fulham game to come to terms with that.

I personally would call the "season" (or at least half of it) a sucess if we won the cup. After nearly 100 years since our last one, it would be our 5th F.A. Cup, which puts us still quite high in the all time winners, so it would at least be something to be proud of.

On another note, I don't actually think I'll be that gutted about our relegation, maybe in part due to no crowds so its dulled the game for me. Maybe it was to be expected without the red n white tinted glasses on as we were favourites last season for the drop.
As much as I want United to be in the top division of English football, there are advantages to playing in the Championship (or even L1, let's not go there again though please) and that is to win titles/trophies, which we realistically can't do in the PL.

Look at all the Yo-Yo clubs for example West Brom, Norwich, Wolves etc. They all have this sussed out. Maybe, just maybe all this that's happened this season was partly self-infilicted because money money money. Oh and no VAR and proper actual entertaining football where the majority of the time you can actually tackle!!! And players don't go down holding their faces (most of the time).

Just 2 answers to the poll... straight answers to a straight question. No "ummm maybe" answer 😝
Just want to gauge how other Blades fans feel, as its about the only thing left to get excited about this year, as far as I can tell.

I should consider a cup win a success, but really I wouldn't. 46 game season next season and a preliminary round early start Europe League qualifier against Dinamo Shitkickers.

Sorry, just numb to the whole season. No crowds, largely abject performances, all a bit shite.

Even if we got thumped in the final the season would be a success as we would subsequently qualify for European football.

I believe we are the biggest club in Europe never to have played in Europe and really would love to see it happen even if it's against Dinamo Shitkickers.

This lot would struggle to win the county cup never mind the FA cup, especially with our squad getting weaker with every injury. I enjoy the Championship more purely 'cos we win more games but, I hoped we would survive and consilidate the second season but ,even I didn't think we'd make such a total bollocks of it. We don't have the spending power to survive in the PL.

not to be pessimistic but Man City will have different ideas, can see them pushing for a quadruple this year, then again a certain other northern club went down but beat city in the final didn’t they?...

Even if we got thumped in the final the season would be a success as we would subsequently qualify for European football.

I believe we are the biggest club in Europe never to have played in Europe and really would love to see it happen even if it's against Dinamo Shitkickers.
We are the only team in the 92 along with the mighty Rochdale who have not won a cup or PO final since WWII.

I should consider a cup win a success, but really I wouldn't. 46 game season next season and a preliminary round early start Europe League qualifier against Dinamo Shitkickers.

Sorry, just numb to the whole season. No crowds, largely abject performances, all a bit shite.
Next years Fantasy PL name sorted. Cheers Crabby haha.

Even Dinamo Shitkickers would be better than the Luxembourg Window Lickers that the piggies beat 30 year ago. Mind you they aren’t the force they were back then....apparently.

I think if the winners are already in Europe through the league then the European spot goes to the next highest league position now, not the runners up.

I believe they changed it after the 2014 season when we gave them an almighty fright by leading against Hull in the semi, they didn’t want us so close to Europe so changed the rules for the start of the season after.

We haven't won a cup since the war, though yes, a huge success. Promotions and relegations come and go but we'll always have that win on our record.

Why would we want to do a Wigan end up in Admin in the lower reaches of L1 with relegation to L2 a distinct possibilty. No Thanks

I was referring to the fact Wigan won the F.A. Cup and got relegated from PL in the same season, not their overall situation.

like winning the speedboat with your mate when you live 100 miles from the coast

1614183876408.png

I hate to break it to you, but we won’t win the fa cup.

Would snap your hands off but I can’t see it. I can’t really see a team outside of the new “top 6” ever winning one again either without a huge fluke. Squads are getting unreal now and it plainly isn’t a level playing field. Take Chelsea, they could effectively field two different teams that would comfortably finish top half.

Finalist losers don’t get into Europe

Undoubtedly I would accept this. It’s nearly 100 years since we won a major trophy, and people would rather have a ‘stay up in the premier league’ over that?! Surely not!

I bet Chelsea are worried. In trepidation about facing s team that fails to score more than not and has all its defence injured!

Are people forgetting that we're going to have to beat Chelsea with a defence of

Kean Bryan, Phillip Jagielka and Jack Rodwell

I’d have to say yes, on the basis that I can’t see us winning 3 games against the teams who are left. Plus we haven’t won anything since Adolf Hitler was just a two-bit artist.

Back
Top Bottom