Player Suggestion Will Smallbone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Watching Leicester vs Southampton we’ve dodged a bullet…
Watched them 2-3 times this season and he looks absolutely bang average. Neat and tidy but doesn’t take enough risks in possession and not solid enough to screen the defence. Early days and still chance for him to come good, obviously.

What happened to him being injured for months, ffs....

Southampton have fucked up appointing Martin it seems. You should not concede the number of goals they are with the defenders they have

Manning's been part of that problem. Poor start from him

What happened to him being injured for months, ffs....

Southampton have fucked up appointing Martin it seems. You should not concede the number of goals they are with the defenders they have

Manning's been part of that problem. Poor start from him
Agree, why didn't the defenders say"sod this goal kick routine, kick it upfield ",( politely modified)embarrassing to watch

Fallen out of favour at Southampton. Seemingly a bench player now.

Would we take him next season?

I think it's too early to declare him a bench player

It's interesting how Southampton's dip coincided with him losing his automatic starting role. Maybe opponents wised up and targeted him in particular. Because he seemed to be dictating games

I'm sure we'd take him if available though. I think Wilder would like him. Smallbone / Arblaster / Hamer would be a great midfield

His current team mate Joe Rothwell may be more realistic though, and he's another I think Wilder would like

Fallen out of favour at Southampton. Seemingly a bench player now.

Would we take him next season?

He's started 15 of their last 20 games. He started, and scored, in their game on Saturday. I'm not sure that makes him a bench player.

He's started 15 of their last 20 games. He started, and scored, in their game on Saturday. I'm not sure that makes him a bench player.
Apologies. I’ve only looked twice and saw him on the bench and made the assumption. My bad should have checked before commenting.

Wonder how many clubs are looking at our bench players, Norwood, Foderingham, Slimane & Souza with a view to signing them?

Dare I say he’s back on the bench today for Southampton.

Would instantly improve our midfield this season and therefore next.
Sadly, Southampton rarely let players go for peanuts, and u less they go up do t see them letting him go on loan.

Will now be out of our price range.

Back
Top Bottom