Player Suggestion Will Smallbone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Southampton could very easily sign a couple of quality midfielders with that money they're bringing in

If Smallbone pushes for the move maybe it can still happen

But maybe they're more willing to let his contract run down, with 70 odd million for the others coming in

This guy is way down the list for me.
For me he's the type that would be OK if we got others in too.

If, however, we're pinning our hopes on him with say Souza, Slimane, maybe Norwood, then it's underwhelming in the creative dept imho.

Smallbone getting scanned to see if he's got a hamstring tear. So no point in bidding a 2nd time till results are in

We need a creative L-footed player of starting quality like McAtee and that's MF sorted - not Smallbone I think.
Our starting 3 in MF ought to be 3 from Hamer , Souza , Slimane & the new L-footer

We need a creative L-footed player of starting quality like McAtee and that's MF sorted - not Smallbone I think.
Our starting 3 in MF ought to be 3 from Hamer , Souza , Slimane & the new L-footer
Your correct.. If you want a lefty its not smallbone. He's right footed.

Was Southampton's best rated player in the 4-4 with Norwich yesterday. Made 8 key passes - which is pretty crazy. Great overall involvement and pitch coverage again

Very unlucky if he's injured because he's just about to establish himself as a key player there

We can probably rule him out for now. I think it's a choice between him and Doyle. Hopefully we can go back in for him at a later point

I haven't seen much of Smallbone at all, but is he better than Tom Davies and still having 8-9 mill in the pocket for others?

I haven't seen much of Smallbone at all, but is he better than Tom Davies and still having 8-9 mill in the pocket for others?
Yes he's been than Tom Davies but if we have to pay £9m and its the difference between getting another more attacking midfielder in then it's davies and option B for me (Davies and another quality attacking mid)

I'd do what it takes to get Smallbone, and adjust around that. He's just too perfect for us, would be a great long term signing. I'd also be willing to sacrifice the left footer to get him in. But this injury could put the stops on it

We wouldn't necessarily have to sacrifice too much in attacking areas. Potentially it could be...

Smallbone - 8/9m
Doyle - loan with option
Elliot Anderson - loan
Akpom/Archer - 10-15m

Ben Whiteman release this summer 4m 💶 righty
Adam Wharton 2026 3.5m 💶 lefty
Are who Southampton are targeting if smallbone is down for 3-8wk
Still no official word on smallbone yet

Ben Whiteman release this summer 4m 💶 righty
Adam Wharton 2026 3.5m 💶 lefty
Are who Southampton are targeting if smallbone is down for 3-8wk
Still no official word on smallbone yet
I’d take a punt on Adam Wharton Newcastle were meant to be sniffing at the start of the summer weren’t they

Last edited:
Smallbone is just a younger bald slightly more mobile Norwood.

Rubbish at marking from corners let a pig jump all over him to assist another pig to score against Saints.

Dazza hinting that we were in for Smallbone til the injury. The cynic in me says that it's a bit of waffle? Anyone can pretending that they were bidding but that the deal is off now due to injury.

Frustrating as fuck if so but I'll look at the positive - it means we wanted Smallbone AND Hamer. Which means there's a good chance we go back in for him in January

Big shame. Would have been excellent here. We needed to move earlier in summer. But Hamer is more than a good consolation

Back
Top Bottom