Player Suggestion Will Smallbone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really....who?

Fair few like Pete O who are usually on the money for our transfers and the star who don’t usually tweet anything without substance.

Seems like there’s smoke there.

But then accountant is saying it’s a no go. So who knows

Forest will change there tune surely when we add the only club offering decent money for him , hopefully anyway

It’s probably deliberate from the Prince that we’re being linked with O’Brien, Smallbone and Hamer.

It’ll help drive down the price if the buying club knows we’ve got multiple options for the midfield position. Especially negotiations with Forest as they’ll want rid of O’Brien and there will be very few clubs interested in a permanent transfer.

Odd times I’ve seen him I must admit I have liked the look of this big bald mother fucker.

Think he'd be a great signing, but struggling to see why he'd want to leave Southampton as he currently has a starting role + Soton are one of the favs to go up.

Think he'd be a great signing, but struggling to see why he'd want to leave Southampton as he currently has a starting role + Soton are one of the favs to go up.
His contract is up at the end of the season and they can’t agree a new deal

He's not really that much of an improvement as it stands whereas Hamer is, just a bit odd. We won't sign both or I'd be all for it.

Premier league football probably

Not an improvement on what? Our current midfield minus Berge?
It's depth, I don't think he's better at all than Norwood, god knows with Slimane, he's better than Osborn but who isn't?

Bags of potential, he's certainly not an upgrade on Berge like Hamer is at this stage.

His contract is up at the end of the season and they can’t agree a new deal
It's evidently clear that this is our approach, identifying players in their last year of contract where we can get them below market value.

Though it would be nice to see some more urgency, as getting the impression we're still sounding out valuations to identify where we can best get value. Which should have been done weeks ago!!!!

Southampton have been very good at getting value out of sales. Smallbone is very much a Russell Martin type player. I think this will be difficult to do.

This shows just how good Hamer is. Smallbone seems a tidy player but not an exciting one at all, from what I’ve seen he’s energetic but lots of sideways passes which the chart kinda shows as well. Would rather have O’Brien to Smallbone, could you add him to the chart from his season at Hudds?
Also Norwood as well

Saint will probably want to keep Smallbone now after agreeing a £30million fee with Hammers for midfielder Ward-Prowse

The consensus on here is that we still need the "first eleven" players to "replace" Ndiaye Berge McAtee & Doyle , having finally solved LCB with Trusty and improved our MF defending with Souza.
Hecky seems to be saying that Slimane Traore & Larouci are not ready for PL.
To me , we lack creativity & goals so I would look for 2 or 3 creative MFs & 1 or 2 strikers.
But 4 in total.
I imagine 2 will be loans.
So have we got the cash for 2 quality transfers ?
Is my follwing arithmetic correct ?
Started with £20m budget.
Sold Ndiaye £13m.
Sold Berge £12m.
Available £45m.
Bought Traore £5m.
Trusty £5m.
Slimane £2m.
Souza £12m.
Spent so far £24m.
If club keeps its promise to spend the incoming fees , we still have £21m available.
That should cover 2 loan fees and 2 substantial transfer fees.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

You forgot to include the forthcoming £6m fee for Anel from Ajax and the gate receipts for the friendly when we are back in the Championship. 😉

I watched the SWFC versus Southampton match on Sky and Smallbone stood out to me.
Very calm and comfortable on the ball, always showing for it, keeps it simple playing loads of short passes, very much a "keep possession" type of player.
Reminded me of Paul Coutts.

For any older fans, always been partial to a bald head player.
Remember seeing Steve Agnew at Barnsley who looked top class for them and always wanted us to buy him.
Remember another really good bald player (attacker) who played for us in the mid 90's....Paul....whats his name.

Last edited:
I watched the SWFC versus Southampton match on Sky and Smallbone stood out to me.
Very calm and comfortable on the ball, always showing for it, keeps it simple playing loads of short passes, very much a "keep possession" type of player.
Reminded me of Paul Coutts.

For any older fans, always been partial to a bald head player.
Remember seeing Steve Agnew at Barnsley who looked top class for them and always wanted us to buy him.
Remember another really good bald player (attacker) who played for us in the mid 90's....Paul....whats his name.
5EFD6304-16C6-4F8F-B1D6-A7BA725407F4.jpeg

I'm not sure what our plan is for putting the ball in the other teams goal if our midfield is going to be 2/3 Souza and a player like Smallbone...

There's winning the ball and playing short sideways passes but little else..

Back
Top Bottom