Player Suggestion Will Smallbone

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would be a disappointing signing when compared to Hamer (if its between the 2 of them), right now we need a pick me up.

Maybe him instead of O'brien or Doyle?

Or just one of many potential options?

He's decent if unspectacular, yet he improves us dramatically. I don't think they'll sell for anything like a reasonable price though.

He's decent if unspectacular, yet he improves us dramatically. I don't think they'll sell for anything like a reasonable price though.

They don’t bend over like us and they will see we have some cash to spend. They are no mugs

Would be a disappointing signing when compared to Hamer (if its between the 2 of them), right now we need a pick me up.

Maybe him instead of O'brien or Doyle?

Or just one of many potential options?
Instead of Doyle is feasible

He's more than capable of playing the central role

Do think it's probably one or the other with him and Hamer though

Good if it's something less than 7m that they've rejected. Maybe it won't take more than 8

Him and OBrien for 15/16m combined would prove to be great business long term. They'd be a hell of a pair in the championship

If nothing else Hamer/Smallbone/Souza looks a pretty formidable midfield next year in the championship good age profiles to

I don't know enough about him tbh. For that reason I'd prefer O'Brien at the same price but fuck knows what we'll end up with. Either of them alongside Hamer would seem to be progress.

I really hope it's not instead of Hamer because he's cheaper.

The only thing I know about Smallbone is he cost me money one Stoke game last season because he had about 7 one on ones and missed them all

Same foot as Hamer so this is probably the competition.

We need 4 from;

AMC - Chuba / tillman type / cole / other
RCM - Hamer / Smallbone / doyle / other
LCM - O'Brien / Pantino / cole / other

The combos need to include 2 attack minded at least and the AMC needs to be able to be a second striker.

If Cole is let out on loan (he will be) he is ours.
RCM - likely between Hamer / snallbone
AMC - Chuba favorite right now, no 2nd option known
Defensive minded / all rounder leftie then needed.

If we did get Smallbone AND Hamer that would take the pressure off OBrien somewhat because Hamer could play LCM

I think Smallbone will be like OBrien though - right down to the deadline

Smallbone would be a let down after being linked with Hamer.

But it is seemingly the summer for them.

If we did get Smallbone AND Hamer that would take the pressure off OBrien somewhat because Hamer could play LCM

I think Smallbone will be like OBrien though - right down to the deadline
I can't see us getting all 3. I think it'll be 2 out of those you've mentioned.

I'd take Hamer over Smallbone all day long.

We've got no creativity or goals in midfield and Smallbone, tidy though he is, doesn't provide that.
If it's in addition, great - but we all know it won't be.

Ideally you'd want Hamer (£12m) and Palmer or Chukwuemeka (loan), backed up by O'Brien (loan with option) and Smallbone (£8m).
You then have some creativity in your side and have gone some way to replacing Berge and Ndiaye.
You'd still need to be bringing in a CF to finish the chances off though, Akpom (£10m).

We've brought in £30m in sales...
"We asked 30k Blades fans.. will he reinvest it? Our survey says..."

O’Brien seems to have gone quiet.
Possibly put off by their supposed 10m valuation. Perhaps we think we can get this lad in for 7-8m instead.

Or maybe Forest just straight up don’t want us to get him.

I hope Hamer is first choice but if we got Souza, Hamer and Smallbone in we certainly look miles better.

O’Brien seems to have gone quiet.
Possibly put off by their supposed 10m valuation. Perhaps we think we can get this lad in for 7-8m instead.

Or maybe Forest just straight up don’t want us to get him.

I hope Hamer is first choice but if we got Souza, Hamer and Smallbone in we certainly look miles better.

Forest will change there tune surely when we add the only club offering decent money for him , hopefully anyway

Back
Top Bottom