Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“this is what we’re up against”

Has he just realised?

Twitter crops the full quote:

CW on substitutions

"[Fulham's subs], Traore, Jimenez, Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Kenny Tete, Tom Cairney... this is what we're up against. I'm stating facts. Marco Silva's not making physical substitutions, he's making subs to get back in the game. I'd absolutely love to be in that position, I've love to be in the position of bringing Rhian Brewster, Cameron Archer, Tom Davies on, keeping Vini and Arblaster on. It's not about me or I'll look clever or we'll look clever as a coaching staff or 'ooh that was good, that was a great tactical move'. Sometimes it's best staying with what you've got but when they can't move, two of the midfielders couldn't move, and at 80 minutes Graham Scott told us there'd be 10+ minutes of injury time, I've got to look and speak to the medical guys and the conditioners and say 'can these boys see that out?' I'd love to be in Marco's position and hopefully we will be when we get it right because I will get it right in preseason, we'll have a really strong preseason and hopefully we'll get the players in when we need to get them in from a coaching and conditioning POV."

His man management is awful. Already starting to throw players under the bus. Probs deserved in some cases but not how it should be done.

Mood from him has started to move back to how he was before he left the first time.

I don't get that at all. I think he's being fairly honest with the cards he's got. It's clear as day our fitness is nowhere near what it should be, even for players who haven't been injured. He sounds excited about pre season and changing that.

His man management is awful. Already starting to throw players under the bus. Probs deserved in some cases but not how it should be done.

Mood from him has started to move back to how he was before he left the first time.

In some ways he is and he isn't. I think he is being critical of the condition and injuries of the players and that it gives him little choice in terms of selection or changing things during a match. He said when he arrived it would be a struggle to fix the fitness issues mid season.

I thought he fucked up the subs on Saturday at the time. Although now he said Arblaster and Souza were fucked and he would have rather have kept them on but couldn't risk doing that I have changed my view.

Twitter crops the full quote:

CW on substitutions

"[Fulham's subs], Traore, Jimenez, Bobby De Cordova-Reid, Kenny Tete, Tom Cairney... this is what we're up against. I'm stating facts. Marco Silva's not making physical substitutions, he's making subs to get back in the game. I'd absolutely love to be in that position, I've love to be in the position of bringing Rhian Brewster, Cameron Archer, Tom Davies on, keeping Vini and Arblaster on. It's not about me or I'll look clever or we'll look clever as a coaching staff or 'ooh that was good, that was a great tactical move'. Sometimes it's best staying with what you've got but when they can't move, two of the midfielders couldn't move, and at 80 minutes Graham Scott told us there'd be 10+ minutes of injury time, I've got to look and speak to the medical guys and the conditioners and say 'can these boys see that out?' I'd love to be in Marco's position and hopefully we will be when we get it right because I will get it right in preseason, we'll have a really strong preseason and hopefully we'll get the players in when we need to get them in from a coaching and conditioning POV."

In some ways he is and he isn't. I think he is being critical of the condition and injuries of the players and that it gives him little choice in terms of selection or changing things during a match. He said when he arrived it would be a struggle to fix the fitness issues mid season.

I thought he fucked up the subs on Saturday at the time. Although now he said Arblaster and Souza were fucked and he would have rather have kept them on but couldn't risk doing that I have changed my view.
Totally concur. It's obvious to anyone with a modicum of sporting experience our conditioning for this season has been absolutely and utterly so far off the mark, that people should be fired for that alone. Whether Hecky gets the blame or Tom Little, be under no illusion, one of the biggest reasons we look so bad is our physical conditioning. I'd even go as far as to say, we get that right and we're c10 points better off this season....

I'm actually really pleased Wilder has called it out. Shows he's fully aware of the issue.

Totally concur. It's obvious to anyone with a modicum of sporting experience our conditioning for this season has been absolutely and utterly so far off the mark, that people should be fired for that alone. Whether Hecky gets the blame or Tom Little, be under no illusion, one of the biggest reasons we look so bad is our physical conditioning. I'd even go as far as to say, we get that right and we're c10 points better off this season....

I'm actually really pleased Wilder has called it out. Shows he's fully aware of the issue.

As I have said before it's confusing that 2 independent reviews have not shown up anything.

I know other clubs are picking up a few injuries as well.

As I have said before it's confusing that 2 independent reviews have not shown up anything.

I know other clubs are picking up a few injuries as well.
Nothing to do in with injuries for me. They happen up and down the country.

It's players getting cramp in March, starting games slowly, having to make substitutions due to players blowing, players taking 4 games to get up to speed....

Ridiculous state of affairs.

It’s not about that, it’s about the crude, ignorant way you dismiss one of our most successful managers with “fuck off”. I just don’t understand how someone who claims to support our club can talk about Chris Wilder in those terms. You may or may not be right about whether he is the best manager for next season, I have my doubts, but it’s just the rudeness, the lack of respect, it’s what it’s saying about you, not him.
While Wilder virtually did the same thing only via the back door..
Respect is a two way thing and when the going got tough...

Nothing to do in with injuries for me. They happen up and down the country.

It's players getting cramp in March, starting games slowly, having to make substitutions due to players blowing, players taking 4 games to get up to speed....

Ridiculous state of affairs.
It's because we spend most of the game on the back foot chasing our tails.
All the other Premiership sides move the ball about far too quickly for us, we just launch it forward and more often than not it comes straight back.

It's because we spend most of the game on the back foot chasing our tails.
All the other Premiership sides move the ball about far too quickly for us, we just launch it forward and more often than not it comes straight back.
And this is a surprise? Surely part of strategic planning for the PL was realising this could/would happen and doing something about it???

Some of the youth might just begin to provide the quality.
I very much doubt it Arblaster maybe but he'll need help against seasoned Championship midfielders, Brooks sadly I have seen very little that he'll be anything other than an average lower league player. I like Osula and Jebbison but not sure they are ready too lead the line in the Championship..
Basically if we are going to be relying on Youth we are in for another long hard season and we won't be bothering the top six.

And this is a surprise? Surely part of strategic planning for the PL was realising this could/would happen and doing something about it???
It shouldn't have been a surprise. but my point is if other teams spent the entire match chasing their tails they also would probably be blowing out of their bottom after 70min.

Your same shows the bias.

I very much doubt it Arblaster maybe but he'll need help against seasoned Championship midfielders, Brooks sadly I have seen very little that he'll be anything other than an average lower league player. I like Osula and Jebbison but not sure they are ready too lead the line in the Championship..
Basically if we are going to be relying on Youth we are in for another long hard season and we won't be bothering the top six.
Exactly this. Brooks & Osula both may well be championship starters but it isn’t next season.

Players like them are for when we have injuries and need something to throw on. They will get better year on year.

It shouldn't have been a surprise. but my point is if other teams spent the entire match chasing their tails they also would probably be blowing out of their bottom after 70min.
Respectively disagree. The likes of Luton seem to have planned for it... Team that haven't planned for it, maybe. We just seem to have sleep walked into the buzz saw....

Respectively disagree. The likes of Luton seem to have planned for it... Team that haven't planned for it, maybe. We just seem to have sleep walked into the buzz saw....
We did definitely sleep walk into it, our Pre-Season was shocking probably the worst I have ever known.
I get your point about Luton but they are certainly punching above their weight and if they did manage too stay up they will be relegated next season.
Their ground might have helped them out a bit being a bit of a shock to most Premiership sides.
Perhaps we should have played our homes games at Hillsborough 😆

We did definitely sleep walk into it, our Pre-Season was shocking probably the worst I have ever known.
I get your point about Luton but they are certainly punching above their weight and if they did manage too stay up they will be relegated next season.
Their ground might have helped them out a bit being a bit of a shock to most Premiership sides.
Perhaps we should have played our homes games at Hillsborough 😆
That's the exact point I'm making. It's easier to punch above your weight when your physically well conditioned. We're the opposite. We're punching below our weight and are already a fooking featherweight in the heavyweight division...

Overseeing a preseason akin to something out off a Carry On film should have seen Hecky terminated sooner than he actually was. I'm still staggered at how far off the pace we are/were from a physical stand point.

For all his current failings, Wilder calling this out and being specific about players like Souza, McBurnie and Arblaster not being able to complete 90 mins is reassuring.

Exactly this. Brooks & Osula both may well be championship starters but it isn’t next season.

Players like them are for when we have injuries and need something to throw on. They will get better year on year.
Don't count on Osula to get us the goals required he's a shocking Finnisher same with Jebbo,Marsh is much better but needs to bulk up

An unplanned / last minute summer will be unacceptable this time round. We’ve no excuses or mitigating circumstances.

We have known we are going down since about October. We will know will be signing and which will be released. We should know who will get sold (Anel/Souza?). Wilder has basically had a free run to fully evaluate the squad. We should know our budget, however big or small. We should know who will be back from injury. We are on paper a reasonably attractive option for players at championship level. Recruitment team set up in good time. No prospect of an imminent sale to slow proceedings.

Proper pre-season
New fitness regime
Early signings

What it be a shit show.

That's the exact point I'm making. It's easier to punch above your weight when your physically well conditioned. We're the opposite. We're punching below our weight and are already a fooking featherweight in the heavyweight division...

Overseeing a preseason akin to something out off a Carry On film should have seen Hecky terminated sooner than he actually was. I'm still staggered at how far off the pace we are/were from a physical stand point.

For all his current failings, Wilder calling this out and being specific about players like Souza, McBurnie and Arblaster not being able to complete 90 mins is reassuring.
No worlds are being set on fire when Norwood and Osborn get in the squad in the Premier league.

Not yet, wait until he comes in and starts moaning.

IMG_0631.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom