Wilder. You need to apologise to the fans for tonight.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He is perhaps the best manager to attempt to bring us back up, knowing the club and he has proven success. But between now and the end if the season he needs to show some new ideas, a Plan B, a plan C, whatever. Mix it up now Chris, why the fuck not.

This is important becuase if he does get us back up, we need to see adapability, so we're not in the same scenario again, bemoning lack of resorces compared to the big boys and sticking stubbornly to a system that isnt working, rooted to the foot this league.

We might not have the players to execuete something new, with injuries etc, but we dont have the players to execute this system either. And who cares, its a total free hit. We’re down, just consider these training games. Why be scared? Lets try to ruffle some feathers at least. If we keep setting up like last night to just marginally lose every remaining game without a fight, that is going out the back door, as he puts it. If he cannot show adaptability then it doesn’t matter if he gets us back up, we’ll be here again in 2 years time.

I understand the frustrations about the system but the fact is that we don't have the players, even when everyone is fully fit, to play anything other than 3-5-2.

We have no genuine wingers, maybe Burke but I wouldn't want him in front of a full back with defensive responsibilities. The other possible one was Robinson but he's gone. Bogle maybe but even then it's a square peg in a round hole.

If we're going to see a change in system it's going to be pre season based on our transfer activity. The signings we make will tell you exactly how we're planning on setting up next season
doesnt mean we cant try another system does it dont see much evidence of the 352 system working with these players

He can talk about individual mistakes, no quality in the final 3rd but the way he’s setting them up with the negative mind set.....don’t lose mantra is setting them up to eventually fail.

Maybe Wilder is angling for the silver bullet and the wedge that comes with it.

It’s the shit that we have to swallow with it all too. The pre-match snide about the line-up only being understood by managers, and plebs like us would question it. Well, yeah what say you now?
He's obviously getting rattled by criticism.

Show how criminally bad the recruitment has been when fans are bemoaning the fact that we didn’t bring our fastest donkey on!
Why when we went for Brewster or McBurnie didn't we send someone like Brian Deane or Keith Edwards pay them to have a look
We have Paul Mitchell head of recruitment never really kicked a ball in anger do me a favour says everything it's just not good enough

doesnt mean we cant try another system does it dont see much evidence of the 352 system working with these players
This. What are we gonna do, lose twice? Goal difference means fuck all now. We’re going down, potentially with a joint record low points total, so shipping a few more goals isn’t going to change that.

Our 3 best defenders are injured and he’s still insistent on 5 at the back. It’s ridiculous
I don’t follow the logic. If your best three defenders are out what do you suggest ? Just two at the back or six ?

After the depressing performance against West Ham, now this.

We have now lost 20 out of 25 games.

I can only recall one shot on target (Bogle).

That was pathetic.

I am struggling to think of a worse Utd team than this one.
Stevens and Sharp had shots saved

I think the fact that even some of his staunchest supporters, are starting to question his decisions should get alarm bells ringing around the board and the Prince.

FWIW I think the Prince has been abit naive by saying CW is practically unsackable. It just means that CW and to an extent the players can do (and perform) however they want with no consequences.

If I was HRH I would be furious with how things are going this year.

Reactions: SLB
Why when we went for Brewster or McBurnie didn't we send someone like Brian Deane or Keith Edwards pay them to have a look
We have Paul Mitchell head of recruitment never really kicked a ball in anger do me a favour says everything it's just not good enough
Check Paul Mitchell’s history , never kicked a ball in anger do me a favour pal

Check Paul Mitchell’s history , never kicked a ball in anger do me a favour pal

I understand the frustrations about the system but the fact is that we don't have the players, even when everyone is fully fit, to play anything other than 3-5-2.

We have no genuine wingers, maybe Burke but I wouldn't want him in front of a full back with defensive responsibilities. The other possible one was Robinson but he's gone. Bogle maybe but even then it's a square peg in a round hole.

If we're going to see a change in system it's going to be pre season based on our transfer activity. The signings we make will tell you exactly how we're planning on setting up next season
Sorry but that's bollocks, we could instantly switch to a 4-4-2 with Bogle on the right and Osborn on the left. Could even try Burke on the left. Who knows we might even get a few decent balls into the box rather than fucking about with it for 20 mins and not beating the first man

Last edited:
I said it months ago and my view hasn’t changed. Managers don’t go on terrible runs and suddenly turn things around.

Wilder is done, we’re just delaying the inevitable. It’s such a shame how this has ended. It will always be Wilder was a great manager for United but.........
I guess we need to consider Farke at Norwich though.
I reckon we're much nearer that situation than say Huddersfield when they went down.

Sorry but that's bollocks, we could instantly switch to a 4-4-2 with Bogle on the right and Osborn on the left. Could even try Burke on the left. Who knows we might even get a few decent balls into the box rather than fucking about with it for 20 mins and not beating the first man
We could but we play a midfield 4 of Osborn, Norwood, fleck and bogle for example in this league and we're getting turned over by 3 or 4 goals in my opinion. Championship we could get away with it against majority of teams but we'd be steamrolled in this league.

And again those two are not out and out wingers. Osborn especially can put in a decent ball but he's not got any trickery or skill that I've seen to beat a man and go past them.

We could but we play a midfield 4 of Osborn, Norwood, fleck and bogle for example in this league and we're getting turned over by 3 or 4 goals in my opinion. Championship we could get away with it against majority of teams but we'd be steamrolled in this league.

And again those two are not out and out wingers. Osborn especially can put in a decent ball but he's not got any trickery or skill that I've seen to beat a man and go past them.
In fairness, Messrs Bradshaw and Bryson couldn't beat a man and go past them but they got in good positions and could put a good early cross in.

Back
Top Bottom