Wilder presser today

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really? How about giving us some proof that Wilder did say this.......sounds like fake news to me.

He didn't say it was the best transfer window ever.

He said it was the best transfer window he'd had since he became manager in 2016.

He didn't say it was the best transfer window ever.

He said it was the best transfer window he'd had since he became manager in 2016.

Not sure he is ever going to be allowed to spend more than £20million on a player again.

How can anyone make a case for keeping McB
Why not ? Surely the question to be answered are the contact terms themselves..
If we paid him £100 a match we would all say yes ( well most would)

RND has had 2 major, long injuries so far in his relatively short career.
I'd like to give him a chance, but it would have to be on a pay as you play basis with a view to upgrading when or if he proves his fitness.
Fair enough if you’re correct. I have absolutely no recollection of the first long term injury.

When was that

Does anybody get the feeling that some of these out of contract players will be kept on based on a lack of funds or just in terms of bodies in the building. I'd like us to clear the decks start again build a new team. Im Ok with years in the Championship unless of course we have a change of owner who matches the fans ambitions. Anyone that doesn't want to be here see ya us fans don't pick and choose we are stuck with you as we chose you over other teams. I want players who want to be here be nice to have an owner who was the same. Interesting summer ahead although i know im going to be very underwhelmed it's the SUFC way.im torn as i want us to win every game but really don't want us in the Premier League yes i lack ambition so slight contradiction but i can't stomach another season like this.

I remember us signing world cup winner Martin Peters thinking that we’re going places and that was the best transfer window the equivalent of signing an aging Bellingham now how wrong could I be.
Why ?

What happened

Fair enough if you’re correct. I have absolutely no recollection of the first long term injury.

When was that
Out for 14 months, came back for a few weeks in February then out again for the season. That's not promising

Given the lack of money we can't be giving contracts to injury prone players. Especially ones who will be on big
money.

So Baldock is a no as we have Bogle who will be top notch in the championship and decent cover.

McBurnie is more difficult as who do we replace him with so I'm on the fence there.

RND wd have to be a pay as u play kind of deal and I didn't think Egan was good enough b4 his injury so I wouldn't be offering him a new deal
Is such a deal an actual thing? I’ve heard a few people mention pay as you play contracts but would seem mental for a player to sign such a deal

Sounds amazing we will be offering contracts to players who are injury prone, and the script of "talking to agents" has been dug back out.

Out for 14 months, came back for a few weeks in February then out again for the season. That's not promising
Okay I wasnrt classing this one as long term, probably fairly standard for a hammy and could happen to anyone.

If he comes back firing pre season then I think a pay as you play contract would be very harsh

Okay I wasnrt classing this one as long term, probably fairly standard for a hammy and could happen to anyone.

If he comes back firing pre season then I think a pay as you play contract would be very harsh
1 year deals for RND, Ozzy, Egan and McBurnie on lower wages seems reasonable. See if they contribute next season, then review again.

Bogle a longer deal.

Jebbison 🤷‍♂️

Incorrect, average time a footballer is out with a hamstring injury is 3 weeks.
RNDs have been 14 months and his latest looking like at least 4 months.

Incorrect, average time a footballer is out with a hamstring injury is 3 weeks.
RNDs have been 14 months and his latest looking like at least 4 months.
Fair do’s if that’s right,Im certainly no medical expert but I’d imagine it depends on the type of hamstring injury. If it’s just a strain then I agree 3 weeks average, if it’s more than that then absolutely no way you’re back playing in that timeframe.

I’m a big fan of RND and did start to doubt whether he would make it back after the first injury.

I don’t have the same concerns with this one and would fully anticipate him being back in pre season training.

A player mid twenties who is a full international and potential to be the best LWB in the division doesn’t deserve only to get a pay as you play contract and another club would certainly better that

Back
Top Bottom