Wilder or SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Who’s going to be in a better position

• Sheffield United

Votes: 91 72.2%
  • Chris Wilder

Votes: 35 27.8%

• Total voters

Bladezz

Reaction score
Seen a lot of people turn on Wilder and some turn on the Prince. But time will tell who’s got the best end of the deal.

Who’s going to be in a higher league position in 3 years time in your opinion?

That's a good thought provoking question. I suspect both will be in the Championship but if you forced my arm I'd say Wilder will be better placed. He has time on his side to improve. We have the anchor of our depressing history of grasping defeat from the jaws of victory to contend with.

But it will be interesting to revisit this thread in 2024.

Seen a lot of people turn on Wilder and some turn on the Prince. But time will tell who’s got the best end of the deal.

Thats not really a measure of success. If Wilder gets a prem job but we are in the top 6 of the Champ with a new look team he's higher up the footballing pyramid but success for SUFC is consolidating as one of the best teams in the Champ considering how quickly we shot through it (as much as I want to come back up!).

Further more thats the problem. It's not about sides, just different interests and a conflict in the way things are done. If people slag Wilder off and blame him for leaving aa mess they need politely reminding what he has done for the club. If they are giving it, Prince out, Wilder for line, Betis is a snake, then other than being told to grow the fuck up they'll be educated on the possibility that Wilder might have been partially at fault for all this and that we need a road map and business model for the club that is not so heavily reliant on one managers way of doing things from top to bottom. It was always a bit stupid in hindsight.

Wilder had done the same to the club as Clough did in a way, but he bought a shit load of success in to the bargin so now we judge PA going forward as it's his job to steer the ship on to a path more conducive to long term success based on his own ideas and ways of doing things for the first time since he took sole ownership. Hope he does not fuck this once in a lifetime opportunity up!

Wilder is in the same boat. His PL experience has 100% come with us. His job is to establish himself also as a PL manager while we do it as a PL club.

Can't see Wilder getting a Premier League job after this season. He needs to prove himself again if he's the manager everyone thought. Hopefully for him he isn't a Paul Lambert and he's got the talent to go and dazzle the football world again.

Can see him at a top half Championship team while we float around the third quarter of the Championship. The hangover might be a big one for the club where Wilder can get a fresh start.

GLTTL.

Not really that bothered how he does now. If he's not managing us I have no interest in him.

I think he was the right manager for us at the right time and would have liked to see him have a go at getting us promoted next season (whilst also incorporating some new ideas and players into the team) but he won't so he's gone in the Warnock part of my mind now where I'll just monitor at a distance and hope he doesn't have loads of botox.

Even a self appointed prophet like me is taking a step back from that one..

It's all down to the Prince now.

He continually uses the cliche 'actions speak louder than words'

Well as we stand at today's date we've heard his words in his 29 minute video (remember the one where it was 'I'll not criticise Chris ....but')

And as yet we've not seen very much action.

I know it's a given but this next management appointment is absolutely critical. Let's hope it doesn't have 2007 written all over it.

It's not a fair comparrison. Wilder can take a job at a PL club at any moment and be above United, whether he is good enough for the job or not. Equally he could take a job at a club in a lowly position because he likes what the owner has said and believes he can do a job there, could be successful and happy, but be below a promoted United who are again glued to the bottom of the PL. What's the better position to be in?

I think he will probably go to one of the underachieving bigger clubs in the Championship, probably in the North or Midlands, and will spend a couple of years turning them around and getting them in the top 3 or 4 and possibly promoted. We should be promoted next year if we take on the right manager and a couple of decent signings, we will then yo-yo for a few years. At any one point in time one could be above the other, but if that all happens, then both have been successful, but neither fantasticly successful.

Which owner would employ Wilder knowing he might use the media to slag him off?
Which owner would trust Wilder on recruitment and his money after what he did at United?
Not many ,he would have to be pretty desperate

Impossible to say. So many unknowns.
Will CW land a job at a club that happens to be higher placed than us? Will CW learn from what wrong here, adapt and get better?

What manger do we bring in? How does he craft an updated team from what we have now? Does he drop on with just the right signing that gel and do what we need?

It's a toss of the coin.

Which owner would trust Wilder on recruitment and his money after what he did at United?
You say that but the same old managers keep getting a job on the merry go round. If I were him I'd be spinning this season as lessons learned and given the previous few seasons I'm sure someone will employ him. Nigel Adkins has just got a job!

As others have pointed out wilder has an inherent advantage in this situation as he can pick a choose the circumstances of his next job. United have to plough on regardless of situation.

Not related to the OP.

But it's interesting to note that whenever somebody posts anything favourable about Chris Wilder a month after he left, the response is "Oh fucking get over it, go and support Wilder FC if you feel that way".

Post something blaming Wilder for defeats that occur a month later and it's "Too reyt pal, he fucked us off fo't muneh, it's all his fault".

Not related to the OP.

But it's interesting to note that whenever somebody posts anything favourable about Chris Wilder a month after he left, the response is "Oh fucking get over it, go and support Wilder FC if you feel that way".

Post something blaming Wilder for defeats that occur a month later and it's "Too reyt pal, he fucked us off fo't muneh, it's all his fault".
There's been a massive rewrite of history in the minds of some of our fans recently. I like to think it's because they have rejection issues and now associate Wilder with these issues.

If only you knew :(

Never has a thick miserable old cunt commanded such loyalty. All for a few tub thumping speeches and a win v fucking Wednesday

Very few managers have continued success. Wilder track record is exceptional, with only one bad year to his name.

In answer to your questions, there are without doubt, loads of owners who will want Wilder to manager their club.

Never has a thick miserable old cunt commanded such loyalty. All for a few tub thumping speeches and a win v fucking Wednesday

I'll take it this is a piss take, as nobody could possibly be this stupid.

It's hard to gauge how much this has damaged Wilder in a managerial context.
He really seemed unwell in his post match interviews, almost to a point where I personally thought he was losing his mind.
Double edge sword managing the club you live and breathe. You can be forgiven to think that he just couldn't cope when the shit well and truly hit the fan. I honestly think it cracked him up.
But who knows where he will end up but I will always wish him well.
As for Sheffield United.. Stating the obvious here but this could go one or two ways.. So many things will have to be addressed and changed. Massive year ahead for us.
UTB

if he sells them the blue print of repeating what he did with us, then to the likes of Birmingham, Boro, Forest, Derby etc he will be a very attractive proposition

I havent referenced any PL teams in there, as at that level he is proven 50/50 based on a huge overachievement one year, and a equally huge fuck up the other

Add to that the recruitment, fanny paddys, swiping at his paymasters and I am inclinded to agree with you for EPL jobs

But lets not forget, that out there are owners who have appointed Big Sam after he was sacked for taking a bung, Bruce despite his total lack of loyalty, Hughes/Pardew/Pulis despite their total lack of ability etc

Back
Top Bottom