Wilder is Adkins mark 2

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now you really are talking COMPLETE UTTER BOLLOCKS……..Can’t remember Adkins managing us in the Premier League or gaining 2 promotions with us 🙈
No but he did it with other teams can we only compare managers based on how well they did with united then ? Is that how everyone views managers , ?

I’ve said this before in another Wilder thread months ago…

If Hecky couldn’t get anything out of the players and Wilder couldn’t, then maybe, just maybe, it’s the fucking players who should look at themselves for this shit show this season.

Also, all in all, yeh we finished bottom with record goals etc etc etc but, it’s been far worse than this in some of the seasons in the past 10 years.

I’m sure some Blades who watched us back in the old 4th Division will remember just how bad it was.

I don’t blame Wilder, I blame the players 90% and the Board 10%.
Abso-fookin-lutely!!

This is what happens when you entrust a fantastic coach with a £multi-million transfer budget! We didn't learn the lessons from our first trip to the PL.

Wilder and Hecky are great coaches but lousy at spending money in the top division.

Biggest singing this off season should be a Director of Football!!

No but he did it with other teams can we only compare managers based on how well they did with united then ? Is that how everyone views managers , ?
Abso-fookin-lutely!!

This is what happens when you entrust a fantastic coach with a £multi-million transfer budget! We didn't learn the lessons from our first trip to the PL.

Wilder and Hecky are great coaches but lousy at spending money in the top division.

Biggest singing this off season should be a Director of Football!!
Can’t agree with you on this one Rodger it’s a managers job to coach,direct and motivate players he’s done none of this to me this squad are failing because of a lack of respect for him.

Can’t agree with you on this one Rodger it’s a managers job to coach,direct and motivate players he’s done none of this to me this squad are failing because of a lack of respect for him.
Which isn't a surprise considering how he left last time.

Playing devil's advocate, DoF would be able to check with the players as to their opinions of the former manager and whether it was worth another dance. Clearly this hasn't happened here or if it did they were ignored which would explain the poor attitude and why he's had to make Arblaster captain and why none of the 2019 class have rushed back from injuries...

Which isn't a surprise considering how he left last time.

Playing devil's advocate, DoF would be able to check with the players as to their opinions of the former manager and whether it was worth another dance. Clearly this hasn't happened here or if it did they were ignored which would explain the poor attitude and why he's had to make Arblaster captain and why none of the 2019 class have rushed back from injuries...
100% agree in this day age a DOF is necessary

Keep moving the goal posts if you want but there’s only so many straws you can clutch🤣

Utter woke……words fail me🙈
First time I've ever been called woke. 🤣
Usually me calling others woke, such is the world we live in.

It was clearly used to be derogatory. Maybe not intentionally racist, but definitely used as a put down.

"We're stuck with him [Wilder]... and the Arab". Of course it was used as a put down.
What does his nationality/race have to do with anything?

Keep moving the goal posts if you want but there’s only so many straws you can clutch🤣
No I'm not clutching at straws what my original post was stating is that wilder as a manager is no better than Adkins as a manager , their win percentage and promotions and failures bear this out , I'm not saying Adkins was a better manager at united than wilder was because that's simply not true ,my point is both peaked with promotion to the premier League from league 1 , and both are now living on that glory , if u offered wilder to Southampton their fans would laugh in our faces , however some of their fan base still rate adkins, because of his success there

Adkins got hammered for being deluded.
He was constantly upbeat and positive, whilst ignoring all the negatives.
In the early days I used to enjoy his upbeat interviews.
However after some disgraceful performances he was still always upbeat and always seemed happy.
The penny dropped that he was like a politician....a total liar.

Wilder is very different, at least he's honest, you can see he genuinely cares. Also he deserves massive respect.
Taking a club from bottom of league 1 (when we were dead and buried) to 6th in the Premier League with some of the same players is a miracle. It's the best achievement I've seen in my 50 years, only exceeded by Brian Clough taking a Championship side to winning the Champions League twice.

Find it weird how one of the greatest managers in our entire history receives so much hate from supposed Blades.
It was similar with Warnock. I suppose it's the build them up...knock them down mentality.
Adkins took Southampton from 23rd in league 1 to the premier League with back to back promotions, so like I said very similar to wilder in that respect and now both will never get an offer from a premier League club again

He reverted to type yesterday- blaming lack of leadership on the pitch for our shit season….. yawn nothing to do with you then Chris. Fantastic way to galvanise the squad for the remainder of this season and next
Every single time I’ve heard Wilder interviewed after recent games he has emphasised that he and his coaches bear responsibility too.
He knows he’s made mistakes as I’m sure Hecky did too.
Ultimately our squad was never good enough this season and the mass of injuries that we’ve suffered made the task impossible for any manager.

What’s racist about Arab?
Describing someone Arabic as an Arab isn’t necessarily, but I think in this case “the Arab” is clearly not being used positively, given the context. We wouldn’t refer to Wilder as “The European”, for example. A) because it is a broad description and B) why use that when we know the name of the person we are referring to?

First time I've ever been called woke. 🤣
Usually me calling others woke, such is the world we live in.

It was clearly used to be derogatory. Maybe not intentionally racist, but definitely used as a put down.

"We're stuck with him [Wilder]... and the Arab". Of course it was used as a put down.
What does his nationality/race have to do with anything?
Confused……you will be🥴

i wasnt on board with wilder coming back at all but the past few away games we've conceded 4 we've looked a threat going forward, watch the Newcastle match first half if you can and one of the commentators was shocked how we went for it and chances created.

Back
Top Bottom